Reports to: Director, Underwriting
Job reference number: 1334
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Number of positions: 1
“The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
The Technical Assistant (TA) is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to assigned underwriting files in accordance with established guidelines and business objectives in the achievement of national standards for data quality and service levels.
1.Provide effective technical, administrative and clerical support to assigned underwriting files.
- Perform data entry, data calculations/computations, and generate reports using a variety of business systems.
- Perform necessary calculations and update accounting records.
- Process all cancellations and policy reinstatements accurately and timely in accordance with established guidelines.
- Prepare files for underwriting review by performing final screening and pre-coding, and attaching any required underwriting documentation.
- Maintain all electronic and paper filing for assigned underwriting files.
2.Communicate successfully with underwriters and brokers for verification and qualification of information and to request information required to be part of the underwriting file.
- Examine applications, endorsements, and renewals for completeness and accuracy.
- Edit, verify, and identify policy errors and notify the appropriate parties.
- Identify trends in service issues and communicate to management.
3.Promptly respond and investigate underwriting, broker and policy holder service requests and other various correspondences.
- Process internal and other correspondences and requests received by the underwriting department (this may include, but is not limited to, error reports, sorting and distributing mail, and follow-ups).
- Confirm experience with prior carriers, draft experience letters, document information on the system and refer files to underwriter as required.
- Interpret customer service requests and gather relevant information to allow for quick and accurate processing of inquiries.
4.Familiarize and apply best business practices towards national service and quality standards and policies.
5.Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in an office environment (preferably in the property and casualty Insurance industry).
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Competence with Microsoft Office components is an asset.
- Actively pursuing CIP designation an asset.
- Demonstrated communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and adjust to peak workloads.
- Ability to organize, interpret, and apply data/information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to identify and understand customer needs.
- Ability to interpret and apply job-related instructional guides (procedure/policy manuals).
- Ability to evaluate simple problems and develop solutions within underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to work as a member of a team; good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, but able to accept direction.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
Date Posted: October 1, 2013
Application Deadline: October 18, 2013