Department: Corporate Marketing and Communication
Reports to: Manager, Broker Marketing and Communication
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job reference number: 1328
Status: Permanent/ Full Time
Number of positions: 1
“The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Vancouver office is located near the waterfront in downtown Vancouver. A world renowned urban centre boasting beautiful scenery, plus proximity to shopping and dining, Vancouver also offers the possibility of endless adventures for outdoor enthusiasts of all types. Our office is easily accessible by car, public transit, or even by bicycle.
As a member of the Corporate Marketing and Communication team, the Marketing and Communications Associate is responsible for providing strategic and project management support across all marketing and communications functions. This position supports the successful collaboration between the Corporate Marketing and Communication and regional Market Management teams by ensuring projects run on schedule and on budget and supporting the successful activation of regional sponsorships and marketing campaigns. Associate will be responsible for leading small to mid-scale projects.
- Supports the daily needs of the department, assisting with planning and implementation of marketing and communication programs and plans, reporting, and other items as needed.
- Coordinates production, tracking and reporting of all marketing and communications material to ensure consistency, efficiency and effectiveness of all marketing and communications projects.
- Support regional Market Management team in successfully executing regional broker events and sponsorships.
- Support Project Leads on large-scale corporate initiatives such as product launches and independently lead small to mid-scale marketing-related projects.
- Provide content support to ensure all company communications, such as website copy and brochures are current.
- Involved with research, analysis and other monitoring/measuring as required.
- Responsible for content development and writing for broker and customer communications utilizing various communication channels (e.g. Newsletters, website and marketing materials.
- Support internal communication team with internal awareness campaigns/communications as needed.
- Responsible for building relationships with key contacts both inside and external to the organization.
- Provide customer support to our brokers (e.g. co-op marketing support, material requests).
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid experience with 3-5 years of demonstrated success in a marketing related position.
- University degree, preferably in marketing, communications or related program – suitable combination of education/experience will be considered.
- Strong writing and communication skills; previous writing experience required
- Proven ability to learn quickly and take ownership.
- Experience carrying out projects from start to finish.
- Ability to make sound decisions using well thought out rationale.
- Knowledge of industry an asset.
- Exceptional client focus with proven ability to foster relationships at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence in a positive manner.
- Adaptable, accountable, disciplined, self-motivated and dedicated with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently ensuring key deliverables are met.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft, Adobe.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
Date posted July 9, 2013
Application deadline July 19, 2013