Department Claims – Western Auto / Casualty
Reports to: Manager, Claims General Liability
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Job reference number: 1329
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Number of positions: 1
“The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
The Adjuster is responsible for providing efficient and prompt investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of moderate size and/or moderately complex claims in accordance with corporate guidelines and best practices.
- Investigate, appraise/scope, confirm coverage, negotiate settlement and recovery, and conduct reporting and documentation of claims of moderate size and/or moderate complexity in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient payment of claims.
- Adhere to service standards by communicating effectively with all parties involved.
- Develop relationships with other departments such as underwriting in order to meet business goals.
- Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance to national standards and regulatory standards and policies.
- Mentor and train less experienced claims and support staff as required.
- Work collaboratively with Supervisors and/or Managers on special projects and assignments when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience
- Minimum 3-5 years Claims adjusting experience.
- Working knowledge of the company principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses and coverage questions.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- BI and Litigation experience an asset.
- Actively pursuing CIP/FCIP designation an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate patience, empathy and understanding in dealings with customers.
- Ability to provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all parties involved.
- Ability to assess liability and understand case law developments in the jurisdiction.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, investigative, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated report-writing skills, including an orientation toward detail and precision.
- Able to plan, organize, and manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a team player or independent contributor; Self-motivated.
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills to explain processes and terms.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
Date Posted July 18, 2013
Application Deadline August 1, 2013
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard