Department: Western Technical Risk
Reports to: Underwriting Director, Commercial Lines
Job reference number: 1413
Status: Temporary, Full-time (6 month contract)
Number of positions: 1
“The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada's leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Vancouver office is located near the waterfront in downtown Vancouver. A world renowned urban centre boasting beautiful scenery, plus proximity to shopping and dining, Vancouver also offers the possibility of endless adventures for outdoor enthusiasts of all types. Our office is easily accessible by car, public transit, or even by bicycle.
The Technical Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and technical support to assigned underwriting files. The Technical Assistant will provide detailed, accurate and timely management of documentation and data entry, while servicing and maintaining accounts underwritten by underwriters.
- Maintaining and servicing underwriting files for underwriters. This includes the physical set up of underwriting files and ensuring correspondence within these files is organized, accurate and current.
- Performing data entry, data calculations and generating reports using a variety of business systems. This includes the entry of complete and accurate data relating to submissions and underwritten accounts.
- Processing all cancellations and policy reinstatements accurately and timely in accordance with established guidelines.
- Communicating effectively with brokers, reinsurers and internal personnel for verification and qualification of information and to request information required by the underwriter or required to be part of the underwriting file.
- Issuing account related documents such as policy wordings, endorsements, quote and binders, including proof reading and wording comparisons to ensure that the documentation of coverage provided is complete and as directed by the underwriters
- Promptly respond to and investigate underwriting, broker and policy holder service request and other various correspondences.
- Supporting underwriters by obtaining and compiling underwriting information. Prepare files for underwriting review.
- Working on additional projects and assignment as assigned by Underwriters or Managers.
- Previous experience in an office environment.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Actively pursuing CIP designation an asset.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience an asset (Business or related discipline).
- Demonstrated communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to focus on the customer and their needs, ensuring a high quality of service.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and adjust to peak workloads.
- Ability to recognize unrelated problems and develop solutions within general guidelines.
- Ability to organize, interpret and apply data/information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to interpret and apply job-related instructional guides (procedure/policy manuals, catalogues).
- Accurate data entry skills.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume quoting the job reference number in the subject line.
Date posted: May 9, 2014
Application deadline: May 16, 2014