Company: NorthAm Beverages
General nature and scope of position
NorthAm Beverages is a rapidly growing business that operates two brewing facilities; Kamloops and Whistler. We produce market leading beers, ciders & coolers under our own brand names and also for international beer & beverage manufacturers and leading restaurant chains across Western Canada. NorthAm offers great benefits and a dynamic and exciting place to work.
We seek a team oriented person who brings an infectious can-do attitude to the workplace, creativity, initiative and who brings solutions and ideas to the table. You will be part of a dynamic hands-on team with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in getting their foot in the door with a well-established and growing organization.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller your responsibilities will include accounts receivable, bank and GL account reconciliations, journal entries, and working in a team environment in a highly regulated beverage manufacturing environment.
- Accounts receivable processing for government liquor board customers
o Packaged product processing
o Keg product batching and processing
o Payment application for A/R invoices
- Bank reconciliations & cash reporting
- Fixed asset reporting
- Various GL account reconciliations including:
o Assistance with inventory/raw materials/packaging/WIP accounts
o Prepaids, deposits, accrued liabilities, collateral inventory
- Assistance with year-end review engagement
- Perform other related duties & projects
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and other characteristics
- Two or more years of accounting experience with knowledge of GAAP and in the process of completing a professional accounting designation
- High output, eager to learn and offer ideas on process improvements
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular with Excel skills are essential; as well as experience with Quick Books and or Simply Accounting.
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines
- Cost accounting experience in manufacturing environment would be an asset
If you are motivated to grow in your role and broaden your experience skill set we want to hear from you. Interested applicants can send their covering letter and resume. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in NorthAm Beverages.