North York Seniors Centre Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
North York Senior Center is an amazing and very rewarding place to work. The management is very understanding and cooperative.Very friendly staff. Working at the North York Seniors Center is a great experience and very rewarding. I highly recommend.
Great place to work, stepping stone in your career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  80 sheppard ave.18 August 2016
NYSC is an amazing and very rewarding place to work. The management is very understanding and cooperative. However sometimes they do have a closed door policy and hierarchies are very evident within the organization. Great co-workers and overall goal.

Salary is low, as it is a non-profit organization, but benefits are great.

Requires more flexibility in allowing workers to change rules, thinking outside of the box and being more involved in decision making for the organization.

Would definitely recommend applying.
Community-Style Environment
Receptionist, (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
Very friendly staff. Working at the North York Seniors Centre is a great experience and very rewarding. I highly recommend.
I feel The work I do every day makes a difference to the people in our community
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
I love working with people. In my past and present employment I worked with/for people of many cultures. Working with clients everyday makes my working day so unpredictable. Often I have to find solutions within the regulations of non profit organizations and it makes the day very challenging and interesting. I thrive on challenges and finding a solution for the challenges while maintaining a high level of competence is what I enjoy the most.

The hardest part of my job is that non-profit organizations have strong regulations so I don't have the freedom to create or the freedom to think outside the box. Although this was once an interesting and fun aspect of my job, it has begun to take a toll on my overall morale. I feel that there are many more career opportunities to explore where I can thrive just as successfully - if not better.
Work experience in Accounting position
Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2015
•Excellent analytical skills and extremely detail-oriented to review the payroll report
•Organized and ability to produce accurate work results by preparing accounts payable cheques
•Comfortable working in a fast paced, challenging environment by summarizing information which the supervisor needed
•Excellent time management skills to complete multitask assignments
•Proficiency in the Microsoft Office, especially Excel as demonstrated by working on payroll simulations at North York Seniors Centre
•Flexible with a positive “can do” attitude to achieved and improved the work
great staff, strict time and task management
Recreational Programming Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 February 2013
Time and task management crucial especially when new members were registering to either be members or for programs offered at the centre.

Staff was helpful and always willing to help out and were fun to work with.
Pros
free coffee, great co workers
Cons
strict time management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North York Seniors Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2