North York General Hospital

North York General Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place for education
Clinical Placement (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2015
The environment of work is pleasant and the staff plays a big role in team work. I only work there as a student.
Being a student my role was to learn first, work in a team with various nurses and independently.
Enjoyable work place
General Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
NYGH is a diverse cultural environment that is enjoyable to work in.
It offers many opportunities for education and support.
I have very much enjoyed my work experience here.
Great Hospital, diverse cultures
Booking Clerk-MRI (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
Cons: Shift work
My time at NYGH was short only because it was a one year contract but during that year I learned so much. There I was able to interact with co workers of different departments and learn so much about the hospital setting versus a clinical setting. A typical day took me all over the radiology department because I would need to cover the x-ray department lunches.

I really enjoyed meeting so many different people of different cultures and just learning new things.
excellent health service with good reputation
Volunteer (Current Employee), North York, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours
comfortable environment
very nice coworker
excellent health service
respect ethics and different cultures
keep information very confidential
The patient health is the most important issue
Productive & fun work place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2015
Pros: Clean enviroment
Cons: Non come to mind at the moment..
Opening up the lab for the day...getting all files for patients ready for the doctors & technicians. Cheerful for the patients to feel calm & welcomed.

Fun co-workers.

Hardest part is feeling up beat.

When patients left thanking me with kind words.
I had good income.But no freedom.
Volunteer job (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 4, 2015
My colleague were so nice.I had very good income in my back home.But as you know government controlled us all the time they did not care about abilities just care about what did you wear your hairs are cover or not,,did you pray or not and so forth as you know.
Enjoyable, friendly and caring environment
Administrations (Current Employee), North York, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: extensive work experience obtained
Cons: not enough work hours
I enjoy working at this particular hospital environment because of its warm, welcoming and advanced patient care ethics. My superiors are a pleasure and very professional as well as my fellow volunteers.
Hoping that I might find a permanent career opportunity.
Good learning opportunity
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2014
Good environment for students like me (practical nurse). Nursing staff and food service are very hospitable.
Provided the great opportunity of Radiography and CT scan and professional development.
Medical Radiation Technologist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn programs for professional development
Cons: emerge patients hevy workflow and duties requested by the supervisor.
North york General Hospital a Leading employer and family environment workplace where i enjoyed challenging and rewarding carrier performing all radiography and CT(Non contrast Head) implementing proper procedures Health,Safety,and radiation protection to the patients with respect and dignity to their culture.It's an equal opportunity work place for everyone providing compensation and benefits to all employee including pension plan.
The challenging part of the job was balancing to treat emerge patients and perform CT examination of prior appointed patients at same time using the accountibility and experience with communication and team work with other staff with the great outcome.
Being an immigrant and english as a second language I had difficultyto understand the accent of the people at the begining so to cross that barrier I joined some language learning classes and it helped me to get throgh it.
Great hospital
RPN (Current Employee), mental health departmentSeptember 7, 2014
Healthy and fun environment. great team work and supportive management
Student Nurse Clinical Experience
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: long day
Once a week, for 10 hours in the day, I would be at the Geriatrics Acute Care Unit at North York General Hospital from 7am-3:30pm, followed by a 2 hour post-conference with my Clinical Group and Clinical Instructor from Seneca College. During the shift, I would be assigned to a Nurse and would meet and help in providing patient-centered care to their patients. I assisted with taking Vital Signs (temperature, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, pulse, respirations), Feeding, Grooming, Transferring, Bed-baths. My groupmates and I would sometimes help each other if needed. We all co-operated well and listened to our instructor as she guided us very intelligently. I learned so much about the importance of communicating with patients and making them feel well-cared for. I enjoyed seeing my patients in a good mood, knowing that someone was there for them and paying attention to their needs. I sincerely want to be a nurse, but would enjoy any job in the medical field. I want to expand my knowledge and skills to build a long-lasting career in the future.
I Love it
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2014
I love volunteering there so much. I want to go back again. It's a great experience.
Great Work Place
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Mental HealthJune 24, 2014
Great work place. Staff are great. Great management. I love what I do which is helping people.
Stepping Stone
Security Guard (Current Employee), North York, ONJune 10, 2014
Pros: no traffic going to work
Cons: lack of sleep and living on different schedule than family.
Working the late night shift is challenging at times. Trying to find a balance with work, family and mental health takes much discipline.

My co-workers are very knowledgeable in the security field and are very willing offer suggestions.

I enjoy the challenges and diversity of working in a hospital. I enjoy meeting different people and persevering through problems that arise.
Although there are some difficult situations and outcomes, I try to learn and grow from them to the best of my ability.
Nice People. Great Management
Cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Managers were nice and flexible. Co-workers were awesome and nice. good training. Good place to start in a hospital.
SUPER MICRO-MANAGEMENT
NOT WANT TO REMEBER (Former Employee), GENERALApril 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits, comparatively stable job
Cons: unhealthy and stressful job culture, to increase productivity their subtle force to take short cuts
TELLING Employees OF JOB CUT WHILE DOING UNNECESSARY AND COSTLY CHANGES LIKE CHANGE IN HOSPITAL SIGN, GIVING MANAGEMENT RAISE AND BONUSES.

Complete micromanagement.
Getting full-time job means they thing they own employee.
Non trustworthy mangers, speaks complete different behind your back.
A fun place to work
Staff Nurse, Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches @ times
Cons: high staff/patient ratio
An institution that cares about continuous learning. Team oriented atmosphere.
Hardworking and passionate
Pharmacy Technician Student (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 12, 2014
great expereince and good place to work.
i have learned alot
changing and challenged
Clinical Nurse Educator, Surgery (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 24, 2013
Pros: opportunity to change work environment
Cons: long hours, continuous uncoordinated change
lack of direction allows you to create your own daily schedule however depending on your boss this can be good or very bad.
Coworkers are friendly and respectful.
Good environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), North York, OnDecember 13, 2013
A compassionate team who really cares about the clients they work with.

About North York General Hospital

North York General Hospital (NYGH) is one of Toronto's many hospitals and serves the area of north central Toronto (formerly North – Read more