Critical Care Registered Nurse (s)
Join our Critical Care Nursing Team
As a Registered Nurse, reporting to the Clinical Team Manager, you will provide patient/family-driven care to patients in the Critical Care Unit. Drawing on your Critical Care / ICU experience as a Nurse, you will work in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to deliver treatment with an emphasis on assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of health in a supportive, culturally sensitive manner.
These full-time regular and part-time regular Registered Nurse positions involve working 12-hour day and night shifts, including weekends.
Your exemplary credentials for the role of Critical Care Nurse include:
- Preferably, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, or equivalent.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Critical Care Certificate.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Preferably, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Critical Care / ICU experience.
- Clinical competence in assessment and monitoring of critically ill patients.
- Ability to use critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to organize patient care demands and set priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all members of the health-care team, including patients and families.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to professional development.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Bilingualism in French/English is an asset.
IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. We put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centred care, and as one of Canada’s leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation.
At North York General Hospital, the patient experience is at the heart of everything we do. Our staff, physicians and volunteers have a history of transforming health care to better serve our patients. We are leaders who adopt the most innovative health information technology, strategists who carefully chart patient flow and find ways to reduce wait times, and visionaries who dream of and work towards the ideal patient experience. Together. Exceeding patients’ expectations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY
To find out more about joining our outstanding nursing team, visit us online at www.nygh.on.ca.
To apply for this position by November 22, 2012, please click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
North York General Hospital (NYGH) is one of Toronto's many hospitals and serves the area of north central Toronto (formerly North York). It...