North York Construction Company has an opportunity for an OFFICE ADMININSTRATOR position.
The chosen candidate will be versatile, as you will be required to take on a variety of different tasks.
This position requires someone who can multi-task to a high degree and have strong Computer and Internet research skills. The primary focus of this role is to provide exceptional administrative support to the team. The Office Administrator will work closely with the Research and Accounting Department.
The Ideal Candidate must have the following but not limited to:
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be prompt, efficient, reliable and highly organized
- Detail oriented
- Must possess strong research and analytical skills
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Knowledge in Bookkeeping & QuickBooks is an asset
Specific Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Maintain accurate filing system
- Make travel arrangements including airline, hotel and car rentals where required
- Prepare agendas, briefings, and preparation materials for meetings, appointments, and
events; work closely with other staff to gather agenda items, briefing notes, and other
materials, as needed. Distribute meeting materials in advance of meetings.
- Conduct Internet research to keep up to date on things that are important to the company,
such as sourcing best price alternatives for various projects.
- Manage incoming and outgoing messages, faxes, mail and couriers.
- Oversee the inventory and ordering of stationary, office supplies as well as manage the
service and maintenance of office equipment as required
- Assist with project documentation including typing, editing, compiling and formatting various
reports, proposals, memos and other correspondence and provide support to Accounting
Department when needed.
- Ensure consistency between electronic and paper invoices
- Relieves Receptionist and her duties as required
- Keeping the office tidy and presentable
- Other Administrative and Clerical duties.
- College/ University degree is an asset
- Minimum experience of 2 years or more in office environment
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette required when answering phones
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and desire to help others
- Experience in Construction Industry is an asset