North York Construction Company has an opportunity for an ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT/ OFFICE ADMIN position.
The chosen candidate will be versatile, as you will be required to take on a variety of different level tasks.
This position requires someone who can multi-task to high degree. The key responsibilities of this role include bookkeeping and general administration. These tasks include, but are not limited to, full cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable, bank reconciliation; data entry; booking meeting rooms, travel, conference scheduling; managing correspondence, produce reports and presentations; and all other essential administrative functions. The Accounting Assistant / Office Admin will work closely with the Accounting & Research Department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be prompt, efficient, reliable and highly organized
- Detail oriented and strong ability to multi-task
- Must possess strong research and analytical skills
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize
and execute tasks in a timely fashion
- Must be able to work under pressure
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Day to day data entries of A/P and A/R
- Government Remittances
- Account Reconciliations and Bank deposits
- Process cheques and book journal entries
- Ensure consistency between electronic and paper invoices
- Maintain accurate filing system
- Preparation of letters, notices and other correspondence
- Making travel arrangements including airline, hotel and rental cars where required
- Prepare agendas, briefings, and preparation materials for meetings,
appointments, and events; work closely with other staff to gather agenda items,
briefing notes, and other materials, as needed. Distribute meeting materials
in advance of meetings.
- Conducting internet research to keep up to date on things that are important to the company
- In charge of ordering and maintaining of all office, kitchen and janitorial supplies.
- Keeping the office tidy and presentable
- Relieves Receptionist and her duties as required
- Other Administrative and Clerical duties.
- College/ University degree is an asset
- Minimum experience of 3 years or more
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette required when answering phones
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and desire to help others
- Experience in construction industry is an asset