North Kent Mutual is now seeking applications for the Position of Property/Loss Adjuster to join the Dresden Branch.
- 3-5 working years of experience in the field of claims adjusting or related field
- Working towards or completed CIP designation or related fields of expertise.
- Experience with relevant property/liability legislation and related acts are essential.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Aptitude for negotiating and settling claims.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong computer and typing skills.
- Good report-writing and letter-writing skills.
- High capability to work well in a team-focused environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Xactimate, Symbility, IScope or other building estimates would be an asset
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigating, evaluating, and negotiating settlements of property claims while adhering to best practices, operating within given authority levels, and complying with relevant legislation.
- Primary focus will be on property claims of all complexities and loss prevention of risks.
- Proactively managing pending existing and new claim files, while adhering to company instructions and reporting requirements.
- Making recommendations to clients giving consideration to appropriate legislation.
- Communicating effectively with clients, and lawyers, to facilitate prompt and fair claim settlements.
- Accurately evaluating financial exposures and preparing reserve recommendations
- Other duties as required to achieve corporate objectives
North Kent Mutual is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity through all levels of the organization.
The deadline for accepting applications will be 12:01pm, September 27, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Indeed - 17 months ago
NKMi specializes in putting your needs first. We are a mutual insurance company, which means our policyholders own the company. Depend on us...