This position reports to the Counselling Manager and is responsible for organizing recreational summer activities and providing information and referral to women and children in the Winnipeg’s North End Community.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30;
- Full-time student during the previous academic year; and
- Intends to return to school full-time for the next academic year.
Event organization duties:
- Plan, advertise, set-up, and deliver recreation activities for women and their children
- Collect information needed to evaluate and report on the Summer Program
- Secure donations for the program as needed
Information and referral duties:
- Provide information about programs and services available for women with multiple barriers
- Provide resources and referrals to community women
- Receive and forward telephone or electronic enquiries
- Process incoming and outgoing mail manually or electronically
- Send and receive messages
The above position will provide students with the opportunity to work with women and families facing multiple barriers such as poverty, violence, addictions, etc. The students will obtain pre-employment skills and knowledge and experience in event planning and organization, front desk work, working with marginalized populations, and working in a community based non-profit environment.
Aboriginal Candidates and Visible Minorities are encouraged to self-identify.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (37.5 hours per week)
Duration: June 17, 2013 – August 23, 2013 (10 weeks)
Closing Date: Sunday May 26, 2013 at 4:30pm