JOB POSTING #230-13
POSTING DATE: January 15, 2014
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse - Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Mental Health and Addictions – School Program (TI RN MHA-004)
BARGAINING AGENT: ONA
LOCATION: Moosonee or Moose Factory
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
Reporting to the Manager, Clinical Services, you will be assigned to a district school board to advise educators, develop individual care plans in collaboration with other professionals and assist school boards in developing strategies to address mental health and addiction needs.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Assisting school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues;
- Providing medical consultation to educators regarding issues such as medication management for individual students;
- Providing services and support to students with mild to complex mental health and substance abuse issues;
- Developing plans and/or following plans with the appropriate members of the healthcare team for clients with mental health and addiction needs including the transition of students back to school from hospitalization;
- Providing support or intervention for issues such as self-harm or treatment refusal;
- Play a key role in helping students and/or parents’ access services such as family health and/or addictions agencies;
- Apply knowledge of nursing process, as it relates to scope of practice, to achieve identified client goals.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices;
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- In-depth knowledge of Aboriginal culture and experience working with Aboriginal youth is desired;
- Although not required, the following would be beneficial:
o Direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth;
o Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth;
o Assessment and care planning skills;
- Advanced written and oral proficiency in English;
- Oral and written proficiency in Cree is an asset;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Travel will be required.
$31.92 per hour to a maximum of $39.52 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Isolation pay is provided. Signing bonus & moving expenses negotiable. Training and orientation provided as well as professional development opportunities.
The NE CCAC is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested persons may contact 1-800-461-2919 extension 7321 for more details if required.
Please refer to posting #230-13 when applying.