JOB TITLE: Care Coordinator – Part-Time (63 hours bi-weekly)
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Schools & Community Relief (KL CM Schools-001/KL CC Relief-001)
BARGAINING AGENT: ONA
LOCATION: Kirkland Lake, Englehart or Haileybury Office
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
The Care Coordinator completes assessments to determine patient eligibility and coordinates ongoing services with service providers to address patient needs and ensure the most effective use of resources.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Relevant experience working in a health care environment;
- In-depth knowledge of home health care and other community resources in the LHIN;
- Demonstrated case management, assessment, and interviewing skills;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skill and ability;
- Ability to prioritize professional duties, manage multiple patients, and efficiently organize workload;
- Ability to accurately complete required documentation, reports, forms, and recommendations;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Good judgement and decision making skills;
- Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means;
- Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills;
- Good understanding of the roles of other health care professionals affiliated with the NE CCAC;
- Knowledge of funding agencies available to support NE CCAC patients;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and professional guidelines set forth by the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Working knowledge of computer software and Microsoft Office applications;
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Travel will be required;
- Oral and written proficiency in English and French is essential.
Less qualified candidates may be considered. However, candidates who meet all requirements will be given priority for an interview.
The NE CCAC is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please refer to posting #228-13 when applying.
The North East CCAC is a non-profit corporation funded entirely by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Its primary functions...