North Bay Regional Health Centre Employee Reviews in Canada

Moral and Positive Thinking
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONJune 27, 2016
Going in I try to be positive but as the day progresses I realize that hospital care is surely not what it use to be. I learned that positive thinking is key to positive changes . Management on the other hand goes without being said! Co-workers are great to work with most days but the hardest part of the job would be being with a patient who has just been diagnosed with a terminal disease. I enjoy every aspect of my job and there is nothing I wouldn't do to receive a smile or a thank-you from my patients this is what makes my job so very rewarding.
Pros
Nurses team work
Cons
Shortage of nurses
Bad morale at Sudbury location
Anonymous - current employee (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Many job cuts have created employees who are overworked, exhausted, and constantly worried about layoffs. Many management changes over the past several years. Very unstable working conditions. There is a huge lack of team work. This is not a positive work environment. Different rules seem to apply to different employees. Those who actually work get more work added to their workloads, whereas those who do not produce seem to get away with avoiding being given extra duties.
Pros
pay
Cons
layoffs, heavy workloads, unclear direction
Great placement experience
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Friendly staff. Many open to helping students and providing learning opportunities where possible. Excellent learning opportunities and instructors. Would not change anything regarding this placement
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment during my 27 years. My supervisor was one in a million and always had an open-door policy and supported her staff
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONAugust 14, 2015
I worked in many different departments during my time with this employer due to a time of down-sizing with the hospital. This allowed me to obtain more experience and work with many of the staff employed at the hospital, as well as interact with the public during my time when I handled the correspondence and release of medical information.

After 27 years spent working for the NBRHC, it was time for me to retired and take on other challenges. With that said, I moved from the North Bay area to Elora, closer to family and friends.
A good workplace that has gone downhill
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONAugust 20, 2015
This used to be a workplace with a strong commitment to patients and respect for its employees. Unfortunately, economic and management changes have degraded this heavily.
do not recommend if you have integrity
RPN - Specialized Adult Rehab and Transition (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 16, 2014
Poorly run units. The managers listen to the backstabbers and the gossip they take as the gospel truth. Never have I worked in a healthcare facility that was such a cliche of young workers who may have the newest training but experience meant nothing. Instead of spending time with the clients they would sit at the station and talk, do their nails and text on their cellphones. If your over 25yrs bother unless you are one who likes to kiss up. Stay clear of Sudbury Campus.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
poorly managed
Very stressful place to work
N/a (Former Employee) –  North bayApril 25, 2014
A typical day was being excluded from meetings, having training sessions cancelled the day before. Told to learn by osmosis and no room for error. My ideas were represented by someone who wanted my job and taking the credit for my ideas and work.
Management is poor and unprofessional. Bullying is condoned. VP's, way too many. Some of the VP's don't even speak French.. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with and training staff. Of course this is my personal opinion.
Pros
the job itself was great
Cons
outsiders and those close to retirement get fired or layed off
horrible place and rated lowest hospital by cbc
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  north bayAugust 7, 2013
all i can say is horrible management, too many managers not enough real workers (Nurses).
layoffs layoffs layoffs
all higher ups get to claim high expenses and get bonuses while Nurses get laid off and replaced by cheaper lower educated PSW's.
horrible place to work
Pros
rate of pay
Cons
management and layoffs
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  North BayJune 20, 2012
I enjoy working at NBRHC because the shifts are 12 hours but you're so busy your day often flies by. The team work dynamic is excellent and the nurses work great together.
Pros
lots of teaching and learning experiences
Professionalism with exceptional hygenic
Medical Laboratory Technician (Placement) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONApril 19, 2013
Very hands on
Excellent training and education
State of the art equipment
Diverse training thorughout the laboratory
Pros
excellent management, well run, extremely clean

2.6