POSITION: TWO (2) PERMANENT FULL-TIME PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
SITE: NBRHC – NORTH BAY
HOURS: ALL SHIFTS AS REQUIRED
Physiotherapists work in partnership with clients and relevant others to provide effective and ethical client-centred services. Physiotherapists work collaboratively and apply a client-centred, reasoned evidence-based approach to assessment, physiotherapy diagnosis/clinical impression and planning, intervention and outcome evaluation. Physiotherapists focus on:
- Optimizing clients’ safe functional independence and mobility.
- Educating patients and others to promote health, wellness, fitness and self-management.
Preventing and managing physical impairments, activity limitations or functional restrictions and limits to participation.
Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- Registration with College of Physiotherapists of Ontario required
- Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation - Basic
- Good attendance and work record required
- Two (2) years experience in an acute care setting is an asset
- Authorizer with ADP an asset
- Valid G driver’s license
- Ministry of Transportation driver’s abstract required
- Must demonstrate commitment to ensure their safety, the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization
- Bilingualism (English/French) is required (see note*)
*NOTE: A formal French proficiency test will be done to evaluate the proficiency level. All non-bilingual qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as such applications will be considered in the event a fully qualified bilingual applicant is not selected for the position.
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within three (3)
months is a requirement
The MOHLTC - Rehabilitation Professionals Incentive Grant is available to successful candidates
For an opportunity to be part of our exciting future, please submit your resume and covering letter quoting File OPSEU M-13-050 to the email listed on our website.
50 College Drive
P.O. Box 2500
North Bay, ON P1B 5A4
Fax: (705) 495-7977
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.