POSITION: ONE (1) TEMPORARY FULL TIME CENTRAL INTAKE CLINICAL SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY TREATMENT SERVICES – MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC
SITE: NBRHC – North Bay (Community Site)
HOURS: ALL SHIFTS AS REQUIRED
Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- Master of Social Work, BScN or equivalent education and experience required and member in good standing with Professional College required
- Minimum 5 years recent clinical experience in the field of community addictions/mental health required
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in program planning and development required
- Experience and ability to coordinate and assess addiction and mental health clients during intake/screening phase and the ability to identify client needs and determine appropriate community resources or treatment options required
- Demonstrated ability in rapidly developing good rapport with clients to assess risk and solid crisis intervention knowledge and techniques required
- Sound knowledge of internal and external community addiction and mental health services required
- Experience in liaising and building relationships with various internal and external stakeholders required
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current legislation and best practices in the areas of referral screening/intake in community addictions/mental health
- Participation in ongoing clinical education for professional growth required
- Must demonstrate commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors.
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all staff, managers, physicians, and psychiatrists within the Care Centre
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Good attendance and work record required
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required (see note*)
NOTE: A formal French proficiency test will be done to evaluate the proficiency level. All non-bilingual qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as such applications will be considered in the event a fully qualified bilingual applicant is not selected for the position.
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within three (3)
months is a requirement
For an opportunity to be part of our exciting future, please submit your resume and covering letter quoting File OPSEU MH-13-019 to the email listed on our careers website.
50 College Drive
P.O. Box 2500
North Bay, ON P1B 5A4
Fax: (705) 495-7977
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
The North Bay General Hospital is committed to providing compassionate, quality, patient-focused care to the people of North Bay and...