POSITION: ONE (1) TEMPORARY FULL TIME CENTRAL INTAKE CLINICAL SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY TREATMENT SERVICES – MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC
SITE: NBRHC – North Bay (Community Site)
HOURS: ALL SHIFTS AS REQUIRED
Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- Master of Social Work, BScN or equivalent education and experience required and member in good standing with Professional College required
- Minimum 5 years recent clinical experience in the field of community addictions/mental health required
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in program planning and development required
- Experience and ability to coordinate and assess addiction and mental health clients during intake/screening phase and the ability to identify client needs and determine appropriate community resources or treatment options required
- Demonstrated ability in rapidly developing good rapport with clients to assess risk and solid crisis intervention knowledge and techniques required
- Sound knowledge of internal and external community addiction and mental health services required
- Experience in liaising and building relationships with various internal and external stakeholders required
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current legislation and best practices in the areas of referral screening/intake in community addictions/mental health
- Participation in ongoing clinical education for professional growth required
- Must demonstrate commitment to ensure your safety, the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors.
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in this organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all staff, managers, physicians, and psychiatrists within the Care Centre
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Good attendance and work record required
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required (see note*)
NOTE: A formal French proficiency test will be done to evaluate the proficiency level. All non-bilingual qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as such applications will be considered in the event a fully qualified bilingual applicant is not selected for the position.
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within three (3)
months is a requirement
For an opportunity to be part of our exciting future, please submit your resume and covering letter quoting File OPSEU MH-13-019 to the email listed on our careers website.
50 College Drive
P.O. Box 2500
North Bay, ON P1B 5A4
Fax: (705) 495-7977
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.