North American Construction Group

North American Construction Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High expectations with little to no support
Purchaser (Former Employee), EdmontonDecember 21, 2012
Pros: wages and benefits were good
Cons: toxic environment with little support from management
Expectations for salary staff to stay until the job was done but asking for time off in exchange later was discouraged. The management in procurement created a toxic environment and training was minimal. My co-workers were the best part of the job, they where all pleasant hard working well educated people. Internal applications to switch departments – more... in order to stay with the company were never acknowledged. At the end of the day the money was good and the coworkers great but thats where it stopped. – less
great place to work
Project Coordinator/Dispatch/Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Fort Mac Murray, AlbertaDecember 12, 2012
Typical day is very busy dealing with everything that has to be done to run mine operations smoothly. Learned lots from people and experiences at this job and the only reason why I am looking for new work is to be closer to home. I enjoy going into work every day but I am also looking for a new challenge.
good perks but cons outweighed perks
safety (Former Employee), saskatchewanAugust 19, 2012
Pros: could manage own time
Cons: toxic work environment
I got payed 8 hours a day and worked 11-13 hours a day as a safety advisor then when I would take some time off when it wasnt busy and the time would be less then I worked, management would complain. work enviroment was toxic in regina, but rest of company is a very good company.
Working with NACG was an pleasureable learning experience!
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Acheson, ABAugust 15, 2012
Pros: safety rewards
Cons: long hours
Every day is a new experience with new challenges and through each experience I learned something new. The hardest part of my job is the insecurity of not knowing what will happen next layoffs or transfers. Management i'm not sure of because there was little to no interaction. I enjoy working with others.
Not a bad place if you like accountants
Division Buyer (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaJuly 10, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: too many accountants
Our group supported the Oilsands projects in Northern Alberta
The way we put it "Our company moves dirt"
We supported a very diverse group who was very dedicated to getting the job done
Management typically had no clue what was happening in the field and were at best tolerated
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), ft mcmurrayJune 20, 2012
Non disclosure agreement. Worked for mining div. Camp provided. 12 hr shifts.
Great Management Team
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2012
I only spent a short time doing a practicum placement, but they were great to work for.
Organized, good crew and management
Tailings field / Deck (Current Employee), 澳门March 18, 2014
Pros: no camp costs. clean facilities
Cons: the crude oil gets on everything. all clothes destroyed.
Early rise and good food at camp. An hour drive to work. Safety meeting, first thing.
Plans for the day, addressed.
Hard work but, good attitude from the crew and management.
Long days and good food.
This job is terrible
Heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee), Fort mc MurrayApril 20, 2013
Pros: less than none
Cons: too many to list
The worst place I have ever worked,terrible supervisors,toxic work invironment treats the trades guys like dirt...don't work for them,collect welfare instead..

About North American Construction Group

North American Construction Group (NACG) is the premier provider of heavy construction and mining services in Canada. With over – Read more

North American Construction Group Photos