Are you a certified, independent safety professional who has a wealth of safety knowledge to share?
Are you an effective communicator who can positively influence workers about safety in the workplace?
If so, then Norseman needs your expertise! We have a 4 – 6 month term contract position for a Safety Consultant to be based at our Edmonton location. This contract position will require some travel to our other company locations. The certified Safety Consultant for Norseman Inc. reports to the CFO and works closely with the VP Operations, managers, supervisors, and workers, and manages the Safety Coordinator based in Alberta. The Safety Consultant develops plant and construction safety and health programs in support of corporate-wide safety and health guidelines and standards.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop, track, analyze and communicate plant and construction safety statistics and leading and lagging performance indicators
- Liaise with external agencies, such as OH&S, WCB, ISNetworld, CQN, ComplyWorks, PICS, SCSA, and ACSA, and ensure reporting requirements are met and document submittals are up to date.
- Collaborate with sales personnel and customers to ensure perceptions of the Norseman safety program are favourable
- Respond to customer or registry requests for safety related reports, plans, programs, etc.
- Develop a formal Health & Safety strategy that promotes a proactive safety culture. This strategy should be based on the Behavior Based Safety concept.
- Develop safety and health programs to assure compliance with applicable federal, provincial and local safety and health standards, including maintenance of the safety manual
- Develop employee safety and health training in support of the written safety programs and track employee safety training activities
- Collaborate with others and participate as an integral member of the department to contribute towards the success of the Company by performing other support duties as required
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in Occupation Health and Safety
- Safety Professional certification
- 15+ years of safety experience in developing and managing health and safety related programs in an industrial or manufacturing work environment
- In-depth knowledge of Occupation Health and Safety Legislations and Workers Compensation Act
- Expert knowledge in WCB claim filing and cost containment strategies
- Familiarity with OHSAS 18001 and Behavioural Based Safety Programs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to identify and resolve discrepancies
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Office setting, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm
Interested consultants are encouraged to forward their resumé and cover letter, along with your compensation expectations, quoting the job title in the subject line. We embrace diversity and encourage organic growth.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.