Campers Village Outdoor Adventure Store is an Alberta owned and operated company, established in 1963. Our parent company, the Norseman Group, was originally founded as Northwest Tent and Awning in Edmonton in 1921. Today, Campers Village has three stores, one in Calgary and two in Edmonton.
We serve our customers with integrity and ethical business practices. We value the personal dignity of our customers, suppliers, and employees. We are committed to continual improvement, and are good corporate citizens within our community.
Exciting opportunities are now available to join the Campers Village team as a Department Head at our Calgary location. The Department Head is responsible for becoming an expert in their area of service, and for building and maintaining customer relationships in order to increase sales of Campers Village products and services.
Your duties will require you to:
- Provide customers with expert advice on products within the department
- Proactively build and maintain customer relationships
- Delegate tasks and ensure staff within the department are performing efficiently
- Approve returns and exchanges, and deal with warranty-related issues
- Handle change-orders and skims, and perform cash-out procedures when necessary
- Train and provide orientation for new staff within the department as required
- Attend product knowledge sessions as required
- Motivate staff and maintain a positive work environment
- Ensure that newly-received product is stocked in a timely manner
If you’re a knowledgeable, energetic outdoor enthusiast with the following, we want you!
- High school diploma is preferred
- Prior experience in a retail or customer service position
- Continual on-the-job learning is required
- First Aid training is an asset
Please submit your resumé, along with a cover letter and salary expectations.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.