Are you an experienced HR professional, who is customer service oriented and results driven?
Do you hold ethics and confidentiality in the highest regard?
Are you an effective communicator who will liaise with staff at all levels?
Norseman Structures is an international leader in the design and construction of steel-framed, fabric-covered buildings. Norseman is passionate about providing building solutions that exceed expectations. We offer our customers building solutions that are virtually unlimited, ranging from diverse industrial uses to high-end commercial, military, disaster relief, sports, entertainment and recreational applications. At Norseman, we are problem solvers, leaders, and are proud to say we are reliable. Fiercely Reliable.
We are actively seeking an experienced Human Resources Advisor to provide a full complement of professional HR services. This position is based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and reports to the Director, Human Resources in Edmonton, Alberta. Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Adhering to established recruitment and selection procedures and practices, you will collaborate with the Norseman Structures management team in building organizational capacity to meet short/long-term business needs. This may include recruitment programs such as Temporary Foreign Workers, Student Recruitment, Career Fairs, Apprenticeship Programs, Employee Referral Program, First Nations Recruitment, etc.
- Ensuring the right people are in the right position at the right time, by consulting with business leaders on workforce planning, job position specifications, candidate evaluation and selection
- Preparing accurate offers of employment to potential candidates and securing management approval
- Facilitating the New Employee Onboarding program and ensuring managers submit all HR documents for processing on a timely basis
HR Advisory Service
- Collaborating with business leaders, you will provide a complete range of human resources consultative services to achieve corporate goals in an effective and efficient manner
- Guiding and coaching business leaders on human resource management policies, processes and systems
- Identifying organizational issues and making recommendations to resolve issues
- Collaborating with leaders to develop workable solutions that comply with legislation
Employee Relations & Communications
- Liaising between management and employees by responding to questions; interpreting and administering policies, procedures, laws, standards, regulations, contracts; and assist in resolving work-related issues
- Advocating employee communication processes that inform employees, as well as to assure two way communications between employees and management.
- Contributing HR related articles or material for the company newsletter each quarter
- Leading and guiding staff in monthly employee engagement initiatives, from fundraising to employee appreciation programs
- Collaborating in the development and implementation of programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels
- Monitoring and keeping abreast of provincial and federal legislative changes to ensure compliance throughout all HR functions in order to limit liability of the company and protect the interests of employees
- Creating, developing, implementing, and updating company policies and procedures as required
- Administering an effective performance management program and collaborating with departmental managers/supervisors in identifying needs for training and development within the company
- Conducting thorough, objective workplace investigations and recommending corrective actions to supervisor and/manager
- Ensuring accurate, detailed documentation is retained in the employee file for reference
- Ensuring appropriate follow-up with all parties is completed
- Tracking, compiling and generating the monthly HR Activity Report, annual Exit Interview Summary, quarterly Turnover Report and Salary Report, year-end Vacation Reports, Absenteeism Reports etc. on an ongoing basis for distribution to senior management
- Conducting analysis and making appropriate recommendations, if necessary
- Providing additional reporting to outside agencies when required (i.e.: HumanaCare, WCB, Statistics Canada)
- Ensuring new HR documents are submitted to the Manager, Payroll & Benefits on a timely basis
- Responding to employee queries on the Group Benefits program and the Employee Family Assistance Plan (EFAP)
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant program with 5+ years of experience in an HR generalist role. CHRP designation preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or construction industry will be an asset.
- Experience in performance management, employee relations, coaching and mentoring will be an asset
- Knowledge of several human resources related areas, such as Employment Standards, Human Rights, Compensation, Occupational Health and Safety, Employee Benefits, Disability Management, Performance Management, Adult Learning, etc. is required.
- Knowledge of payroll and related accounting functions is preferred.
- Adept at influencing and building credibility in diverse, cross-functional environments
- Demonstrate commitment to providing and maintaining a high quality, affordable service.
- Display a desire and willingness to understand and address the needs of others.
- Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Is a results driven self-starter and effective communicator who possesses solid business acumen
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Driver’s Abstract
- Possess a valid Canadian Passport
- Office setting, Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
- Travel may be required
Interested applicants are encouraged to forward their resumé and cover letter, along with salary expectations, quoting the job title in the subject line. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits program. We also embrace diversity and encourage growth.
Please Note: Applicant must be legally entitled to immediately work in Canada.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Responding to this job ad will imply consent for an HR representative from the Norseman Group of companies to contact you regarding this or other relevant positions.
Indeed - 30+ days ago