Do you want a stable position with a well-established company?
We’ve been fiercely reliable for over 90 years!
Who are we?
At Norseman Inc., we truly recognize that our people are responsible for our success. We value our employees and aim to create a work environment where they feel valued, respected and empowered on a daily basis. Since its establishment in 1921, Norseman Inc. has evolved into a successful, growing business that can offer exciting career opportunities to you in both a supportive and rewarding culture.
A great opportunity has become available to join our Holland Landing team as a CAD/SolidWorks Designer. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing electronic (CAD) working plans and technical drawings for foam packaging and case inserts from preliminary concepts, drawings, specification sheets and other data. The CAD/SolidWorks Designer will review plans and confer with internal stakeholders to meet project specifications, complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets. This is a junior to intermediate-level position.
- Work with sales staff and customers to develop design solutions that will meet customer needs
- Read and interpret drawings, spec sheets, and other data provided by customers or sales staff
- Design products and create manufacturing drawings in SolidWorks (intermediate level)
- Create instructions for the manufacturing of products using Visio
- Organize and maintain a design and CAD digital file database for each project
- Experience with solid modeling and generation of detailed drawings using SolidWorks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment (junior to intermediate level)
- Familiar with Visio
- CNC router experience (programming)
- Comfortable working in both Metric and Imperial environments
- Office setting, Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Occasional overtime may be required
Please forward your resume and cover letter, along with salary expectations.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.