Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of broadband communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video in remote and austere environments. Norsat's products and services include microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, wireless network solutions, and equipment financing. Norsat also provides engineering consulting to meet customers’ specific needs.
The Satellite Support Technicians are mainly responsible for troubleshooting and repairing portable satellite equipment. They also utilize customer interaction skills by teaching, coaching and guiding inexperienced operators face-to-face, over the telephone and via e-mail.
- Service portable satellite communication equipment including electrical and mechanical components
- Provide remote diagnostic and technical support for various Satellite Systems Products and maintain Trouble-ticketing database
- Provide training to inexperienced system operators
- International travel to customer premises as required
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Electrical graduate of a technical school or university
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience including equipment repair
- Familiar with satellite/wireless communications equipment including antennas, modems (SCPC, TDMA, data rates, FEC, TPC), LNB’s, HPA’s, up/down converters
- Familiar with satellite link budget calculations
- Familiar with computer networking including routers, hubs, etc.
- Proficient in computers (PC and MAC) and applicable software, eg., Microsoft office
- Video experience an asset
- Excellent command of English both oral and written
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Very hands on with the ability to service equipment
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and customer interaction skills
- Proven customer-oriented skills in Technical Support, hardware/software troubleshooting
- Excellence in communication and customer service, problem solving abilities, teamwork, time management and prioritizing skills
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
Indeed - 13 months ago