Founded in 1977, Norsat International Inc. is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include leading-edge product design and development, production, distribution and infield support and service of fly-away satellite terminals, microwave components, M2M Solutions, antennas, Radio Frequency (RF) conditioning products, maritime based satellite terminals and remote network connectivity solutions. More information is available at www.norsat.com.
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a federal security screening.
Norsat is looking for a highly motivated and energetic RF/Electrical Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team. Norsat designs and delivers satellite based communications and wireless solutions. Norsat’s products include highly integrated, easy to use portable satellite terminals and microwave components used in satellite ground segment equipment.
The RF/Electrical Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering. The RF/Systems Engineer will also be part of the engineering team designing new products and solutions as well as maintaining existing products.
- Work as an integral member of the engineering team to design and engineer solutions for our customers especially: RF circuits, Synthesizer circuits, Waveguide components, Filters
- RF component and system testing
- Customize and modify existing circuits
- Develop and update Labview ATE set-ups
- Work with Operations/Production to resolve manufacturing problems
- Work closely with vendors and suppliers
- Provide support to proposal writing activities.
- Provide engineering analysis
Specific Technical Skills Required:
- Experience designing RF components especially power amplifiers, synthesizers and related circuitry
- Good knowledge of EM theory
- Experience designing waveguide components
- Experience using simulation tools such as HFSS, Waspnet, CTS
- Experience with RF testing
- Experience with Labview and writing test software
- Experience in designing for manufacturability
- Experience designing analog and digital circuitry
- Experience with antenna design and Ka band design would be advantageous
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in RF design
- A strong team player
- Able to work independently
- Excellent problem solver
- Give great attention to detail
- Fully goal oriented with respect to program schedule commitments
- Good organizational and project management skill
- Excellent writer
- Excellent communicator
- Able to travel world wide