Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for challenging applications and environments. Norsat’s products and services include microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, remote network solutions, and equipment financing. Through its Sinclair Division (www.sinctech.com), Norsat is a leading provider of antenna and RF conditioning products, systems and coverage solutions for public safety, defense and private wireless networks. Norsat also provides engineering consulting to meet customers’ specific needs.
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a federal security screening.
As the Quality Assurance Technician, you are responsible for verifying incoming goods and components meet stringent specifications. As such, you are to ensure test equipment follow proper metrology standards; test components for incoming quality; troubleshoot and analyze root cause for non-conformance; follow up with suppliers on corrective actions; and determine variability of incoming quality from batch to batch using statistical analysis.
- Coordinate and execute product and sub-component testing to ensure incoming parts meet company specifications;
- Develop and manage data analysis of product quality trends;
- Manage incoming reliability issues and provide feedback to supplier for corrective action;
- Manage vendor RMAs;
- Evaluate customer returns and execute test procedure to verify warranty claims;
- Manage test equipment calibration;
- Engage with vendors and engineers on quality improvement initiatives; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualification:
- Post-secondary education in electronics or engineering
- Data analysis using Excel and database tools
- Fluent using MS Office
- 2+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to develop objectives and execute quality improvement plans
- Ability to work professionally with outside service providers
- Commitment to product quality and delivery deadlines based on cost and time constraints
- Strong willingness to learn
- Exemplary organization and time management skills; excellent multitasking ability
- Strong ethics and values
- Flexible hours