Status: Temporary Full Time (3 months contract)
Founded in 1977, Norsat International Inc. is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include leading-edge product design and development, production, distribution and infield support and service of fly-away satellite terminals, microwave components, M2M Solutions, antennas, Radio Frequency (RF) conditioning products, maritime based satellite terminals and remote network connectivity solutions. Additionally, through its Norsat Power Solutions segment, Norsat is a provider of power conversion and energy storage solutions for the communications, transportation and resource sectors. More information is available at www.norsat.com.
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a federal security screening.
As a Production Assembler, your duties will involve the manufacturing of leading edge satellite product assemblies for military, government, and high-end commercial applications.
- Support production personnel in the building of PCBAs, mechanical and/or electrical sub-assemblies of satellite terminals
- Work with production documentation like Bill of Materials (BOM’s), and CAD drawings
- Participate in delivering quality products on-time to our customers
- Maximize and maintaining quality as per the latest production standard
- Maintain BOM accuracy
- Maintain workstation equipment and environment
- Perform product verification testing of assemblies an asset
Education and Level of Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in soldering/reworking surface mount components
- Knowledge of production documentation and mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Knowledge of electrical components and ESD control
- Knowledge of detailed assembly and integration procedures
- Appreciation of production systems and inventory transactions including cycle count
- Technical training in electronics or mechanics and computer applications is considered an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent soldering skills
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude/abilities for high precision work
- Strong team player
- Willing to learn and train others
- Positive working attitude
- Safe working practices
- Good organization skills
- Good time management skills
- Goal Oriented
- Clean work habits
- Able to work without close supervision
- Willing to work weekends and/or evenings as required
- Flexible hours
Norsat International Inc. (Norsat) designs, develops and markets satellite ground equipment, which enables high speed transmission of data,...