Reports to: VP of Sales and Marketing
Founded in 1977, Norsat International Inc. is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include leading-edge product design and development, production, distribution and infield support and service of fly-away satellite terminals, microwave components, M2M Solutions, antennas, Radio Frequency (RF) conditioning products, maritime based satellite terminals and remote network connectivity solutions. More information is available at www.norsat.com.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will be intricate to the development and execution of corporate marketing plans and other initiatives. This is a hands-on tactical role that will require the candidate to be flexible and draw upon a multitude of skills. The Marketing and Communications Specialist must be dedicated to delivering high quality, brand appropriate, accurate and timely work while maintaining business goals. They will interface across several departments including sales, engineering, customer services and an extensive channel of partners.
- Plan and coordinate trade shows including organization, show schedule, logistics, support material, etc.
- Plan and manage corporate events including company AGM.
- Produce customer case studies.
- Author customer facing newsletter.
- Perform analysis of Business Unit sales to determine metrics such as top customers and products.
- Perform market research and analysis as part of the development of the corporate strategy.
- Produce technical documentation including operation manuals and quick reference guides (with support from Engineering).
- Coordinate press release drafting and dissemination.
- Coordinate product demonstrations and exhibitions.
- Design email campaigns and generate analytics.
- Work with the Graphic Designer in updating product literature including specification sheets, product brochures, and other printed and electronic material.
- Work with Graphic Designer with copywriting, design, layout, and production of ads and/or promotional materials.
- Implement best practices across the marketing and sales teams.
- Support sales team with proposals and sales collateral preparation.
- Create investor presentations and collateral.
- Manage corporate website, company LinkedIn profile and monitor web traffic.
- Manage employee portal website.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- University degree with 5+ years experience – preferably in a technology/web, advertising or marketing environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal).
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, highly changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating numerous projects simultaneously with attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Internet/Web savvy.
- Social media savvy, including monitoring metrics (e.g. Google Analytics).
- High energy, a positive attitude, and demonstrated initiative.
- Able to work effectively independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, accountable, positive attitude, quick learner.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of the following are valuable assets: web design, graphical design, newsletter preparation, communication technologies.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard