Founded in 1977, Norsat International Inc. is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include leading-edge product design and development, production, distribution and infield support and service of fly-away satellite terminals, microwave components, M2M Solutions, antennas, Radio Frequency (RF) conditioning products, maritime based satellite terminals and remote network connectivity solutions. Additionally, through its Norsat Power Solutions segment, Norsat is a provider of power conversion and energy storage solutions for the communications, transportation and resource sectors. More information is available at www.norsat.com.
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a federal security screening.
As the Technical Administrator, you are responsible for maintaining the Product Data Management Infrastructure in support of proprietary product, including engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools with respect to engineering information and CAD services. In some cases, you will be required to update Work Instructions and BOMS to ensure documentation accuracy. You must be able to work efficiently with a high level of accuracy and have the ability to work independently or as part of a larger team.
- The entry of manufacturing parts data related to the procurement and manufacture of product (OEM and Build to Print).
- The maintenance of engineering documentation (all forms of Change Orders).
- Responsible for the Product Lifecycle Management system where the controlled (softcopy) documentation for company product design data is vaulted.
- Become in-house specialist on all aspects of Product Data within the company, including specializing in the use, and maintenance of the Product Data infrastructure, including, but not limited to, the PLM software (Agile) and the ERP software (Microsoft Navision) and the data-handling between them.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Good command of the English language (written and oral)
- Experience in Document Control and Engineering Change Management is a definite asset.
- Experience in business-oriented environments, preferably in Engineering/Manufacturing.
- Experienced with physical item hierarchies.
- Skilled with bill of material computer tools.
- Sound knowledge of Configuration Management practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- A background in ERP/PDM/PLM software tools would be a definite asset.
- Good knowledge in engineering practices, utilizing standard engineering software for Microsoft Windows, NT, etc.
New graduates are encouraged to apply.