NorQuest College Employee Reviews in Canada

Wonderful working atmosphere.
Program Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
Wonderful working atmosphere, good manager. This job is on a contract and casual basis though. Nothing full time. I am currently training for many departments to help with the cover off during the upcoming summer holidays.
Pros
Good Working Atmosphere
Cons
Not Full time
Excellent atmosphere to work in.
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2015
It was very enjoyable to work at Norquest College. The employees are great to work with. The clients were very pleasant to assist them with their technical computer issues. The management was great to work for. I very much enjoyed going to work each and every day.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Can't really mentions any cons as I really enjoyed working there.
Satisfied
Administrative Support (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 4, 2014
My job started as a two week cover off position which led to me being called back to NorQuest College for a contract position. I loved the office that I worked in and the students that I helped. However the college was at that point going through major transitions. There were layoffs and cut backs, my position ended due to financial restraints. Most contract or temporary employees were laid off due to low enrollment.
Tyrant of government administered education. Avoid!
Curriculum Writer and teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 13, 2013
Very unstable atmosphere. Students are wonderful, but they and their sponsors are exploited without mercy by the College (i.e. admissions, bookstore, etc.). No adequate provisions for class space, or teacher workspace. No academic privacy (administration access to e-mail, phone calls, etc.). Lines of authority constantly changing. Favoritism. Intimidation. Ineffective union representation. Awful employer! Yet the staff is talented and friendly. They go out of the way to help students succeed.
Pros
nuturing line-staff and wonderful students.
Cons
refusal to pay for work accepted and used; admimistratively competative.
Excellent introduction to office environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2012
Interesting work environment geared towards maintaining a positive experience for students. Provided an understanding of how an office is run, specifically in a college setting. Inspired personal advancement in post secondary education. Great co-workers who inspired personal dedication to the job. Provided opportunities for leadership and responsibility, and increased self-confidence and assertiveness within the workplace.
Pros
great working environment, positive learning expereince
Cons
temporary position
It is a school... I enjoyed my time there very much.
Student (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABJune 9, 2014
Typical day was filled with a lot of school work, and great learning opportunities.

I learned a lot about myself, and earned a few certificates for having the highest grades, and earned my diplomas in English 30 pure, and Math 30 applied. I also earned the regional shine award for outstanding student.

The teachers were fantastic, and as long as you respected them, they were more than willing to work with you to help understand the work.

School work is always challenging, but the hardest thing about school is delegating your time, so that you can complete your homework, and have at least some time for studying.

The most enjoyable part of the school is the freedom of expression for some of the assignments (speaking of English). And of course the outstanding teaching staff.
Pros
the opportunity to better yourself, and to learn.
Cons
very little finacial support.
Although there are some good people working here, not a good career step if you are seeking an academic career..
various positions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 19, 2014
Despite many employees who really care about the students and are very dedicated, this is a very disengaged and dysfunctional place to work. This organization is plagued by poor or non-existent processes and lacks a strong vision of where it is going as an academic institution (despite a recent rebranding). Very frustrating 'governmental' work environment where employees rarely feel valued or listened to. The most senior executives of the organization lack connection to the frontline staff and to the real purpose of this organization. Very disappointing place to work if you have an interest in pursuing an academic career. Good place to land if you are a technocrat.
Pros
some employees really care about the students and work hard to ensure students are successful.
Cons
dysfunctional, governmental organization.
Challenging, productive and fun
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 26, 2014
A typical day at work usually consisted of me starting with the emails from the night previously and any phone calls that would come in. It wasn't that busy for the first half hour - hour or so of my shift but any walk-ins as well. I would help the students of NorQuest college with any technical issues they were having with their student accounts, computers or assignments that included Microsoft programs. The Computer Commons area was very self run, we rarely would need and manager assistance in the area he would usually come check in every week or two just to make sure things were running smoothly. I loved this atmosphere for it gave me responsibility and I was proud of the work I accomplished. It always put a smile on my face to be able help a student who was having issues and if couldn't someone else in my department was eager to help. The teamwork that was acquired in that establishment was incredible and made it fun to go to work.
Pros
great teamwork, challenging and rewarding
Cons
students often rude and abrasive towards you
Good experience
Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 22, 2012
I jumped into a classroom in the middle of summer and tried to teach a language class. The textbook was not sufficient, so I had to find my own teaching materials. It was stressful, and I felt shy teaching adults!
Pros
good experience
Cons
not for me
Great place to learn in many levels
Cleaner / Custodial (Former Employee) –  studentNovember 7, 2012
great staff and teachers to work with, very time friendly, work placement project a great learner to future your carrer
Pros
learn fast in with your schedule
Cons
older cleaning equipment
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2013
NorQuest is a great education institute with hardworking and supportive staff. A wonderful place to work.
great
student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 11, 2014
norquest is a great place to learn. the teachers always so nice to listen to

NorQuest College Reviews by Location