Normerica Inc. is seeking a lawyer to join its legal team as Legal Counsel.
As a key member of the legal department, Legal Counsel will assist our General Counsel with a range of matters, including corporate and litigation files, and providing legal support as needed by Normerica Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide practical legal advice and solutions on various areas, including, but not limited to corporate/commercial, employment, environmental, real estate and intellectual property law
- Advise on compliance with applicable legislation and regulations, and to monitor legislative and regulatory changes
- Draft, negotiate and review a broad range of contracts and legal agreements
- Manage and work with external counsel as necessary
- Manage litigation matters either directly or with external counsel and to represent the company in civil, regulatory or small claims proceedings as necessary
- Other responsibilities include: managing corporate minute books, drafting and reviewing other legal and non-legal documents (i.e. corporate policies), and researching legislation and case law
- 0 - 2 years post-call experience - This is a great opportunity for recent calls!
- In-house experience is an asset
- Qualified lawyer with a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB or JD) and member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, jurisprudence, courts and administrative tribunals
- Strong research, analytical and drafting skills
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Sound judgment, diplomacy and a sense of discretion
- Ability to think strategically and tactically to achieve desired results
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and advocacy skills
- Aptitude and motivation for continuous learning
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 8 months ago