Norgren Employee Reviews

Norgren
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO11 June 2017
I was in charge of the procurement of machine and facility parts. In the old days of Norgren it was probably one of the best places to work but all of the old managers left and it went down hill and almost all of the jobs were shipped to Mexico.
Pros
4 day work week.
Cons
Horrible management
great place to learn about pneumatics
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO15 May 2017
very corporate
Training limited
great place to learn about pneumatics
cut a lot of jobs to make up for sale losses
coffee provided
trade show expert ,,
Cons
training not very structured
la mejor empresa en la que he elaborado en queretaro
operador de cnc (Former Employee) –  Querétaro, Qro.15 May 2017
Empresa la cual me dio la oportunidad de aprender y operar maquinas de CNC, las cuales no tenia conocimiento el cual adquiri graxiascal gran personal humano que existe en la empresa. Ya que nos dieron una excelente capacitación así como el trato humano. El cual siempre estaré agradecido por la calidad humana de la empresa
Pros
todo ecxelente
Cons
todo ecxelente nada malo tenia todo muy bien
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO27 March 2017
Enjoyed working here and great pay. Loved the training and the dept I was in. Too much drama in another dept for my liking. Liked the array of manufactured products
Fun place to work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO4 December 2016
It was great and fun team but as a company, doesn't like to continue here in USA. The company decided to move to Mexico for less production cost.Also I preferred to find better opportunity.
Export
Customer Service/ picking & packing (Former Employee) –  11302 A east point drive28 January 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job that you never had time to rest you were always busy working on something or helping southbound.
We would print labels and ship boxes to ups,fed ex,etc etc on urgent stuff that is called hot parts. Teamwork as always and they also cared about your safety that was the main priority in Cat Logistics!!
Pros
fun environement
Cons
not good pay
So far the best work experience I have had
Machinist, Injection Molding Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Littleton, Co3 September 2015
Like all companies there were some characters but on the whole from the leadership on down Norgren was a good place to work with lots of opportunity to move around and develop. When I was let go from Norgren’s leadership committed itself to moving the production side to Mexico. From what I have heard and seen it has not recovered form that choice still.
Pros
Reasonable compensation, movement and training opportunities, mostly a positive friendly culture
Cons
Few job opportunities
Na verdade o ambiente é bom quando você o faz ficar bom.
Montador D (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP1 June 2015
Um dia tipico de trabalho é aquele que não se torne rotina,aprendi a manusear alguns equipamentos,sobre direção e gerencia um pouco privativo demais,colegas sempre são colegas,a parte mais dificil é lidar com pessoas de carater duvidoso,a parte mais agradável é saber que terminamos o dia bem.
Pros
Convênio Médico a Empresa arcava com 100%
Cons
Não fornecia refeição no local.
Good people poorly managed
Warehosue Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Litteton. Co.27 May 2015
Norgren is working off a 25 year old system called MK and is just now updating to JD Edwards. Most of the people are hard working but there is a giant gap in the communication from upper management to middle management and lower. Directives were sent down without any instruction or clue on how to achieve those directives. It's just a very poorly run place.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Terrible communication from upper management.
They still can't seem to get it right
Paint Booth Operator and deburrer. (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO18 April 2015
It was funny to read these reviews. I worked for Norgren's back in the 1980's. At that time they were purchased by a Japanese company. They were supposedly going to fix all the problems in the production facility in Littleton, Colorado.

Obviously they've gone through a few owners over the years, and they still seem to have the same issues.

All I remember is that I was treated like a number and seemed to get no respect from management at all, it was frustrating to work for this company. I would think twice about working here if I were you!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
You feel like a slave
Very poor company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las vegas28 March 2015
Company has extremely high turn over rates so you're never not training new people. This is a huge drain on your time and energy.

The type of degree you have is much more important then the skills and abilities you have. This division needs more attention from corporate to help it succeed, if thats possible.

The hardest part of the job is no support from management. Short term thinking

Ask a lot of questions during your interview

Read all the Other reviews they tell the picture
Pros
60 - 80 hr work week
Cons
very expensive heath care, below area pay
The worst place I have ever worked
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  U.S.14 February 2015
This was the worst company I have ever worked at in my entire career. Terrible Supply Chain team that requires ridiculous monthly reports. The supply chain team in Mexico is incompetent and dictates your supply base for U.S. Based sites. I have never seen such a broken supply chain. I left after a brief stint and would highly recommend people to read reviews prior to applying for a job at Norgren. They are now fully merging with their British parent company which sounds like a train wreck coming. The British parent made us take standardized tests that made no sense at all. One was a spacial test on how you adapt to situations. This was a joke and I new at that point this company was not for me. The location I worked at constantly blamed Supply Chain for everything and threw people under the bus that included me as well. Everyone seemed miserable at my location and I am not sure why anyone would put up with this nonsense.
Cons
the worst company i ever worked for
cnc machinist (Former Employee) –  Brookville, OH29 January 2015
norgen in Brookville was the worst company i ever worked for in my life they layed off all the good supervisors that keep and promoted the most none productive trouble starting person ive ever seen the worst management ive ever seen they dont care about thier employees at all HR is the worst
Pros
nothing
Cons
HR and Management
Empresa boa de se trabalhar
Menor Aprendiz de Ferramenteiro (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP7 January 2015
Trabalhava com usinagem, aprendi muito sobre máquinas operatrizes, máquinas cnc, projetos em geral, toda a parte de documentação técnica de um projeto, uma empresa que tem gerência muito boa, bons colegas de trabalho, a parte mais difícil era produzir o suficiente, a parte mais agradável era a boa convivência de todos.
Pros
Todos os benefícios
Very challenging and exiting place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY11 December 2014
Working for Norgren was a great experience of learning new air pressure leak testing methodology
Pros
Excellent training
Company with new leadership
HSE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brookville, OH8 November 2014
Norgren is a great company to work for. There is room for advancement if you seek it out. The management team at this location is brand new and seems to be very strong. Many employees have worked for the company for 20+ years. Change is not seen favorably by the employees. Everyone is very friendly though, and you couldn't ask for better coworkers. The hardest part of my job is implementing change. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with employees to uncover problem areas that need to be worked on.
Pros
Flexibility to work independently.
Cons
Location of facility.
Hardworking fun workplace
Assembly Operative (Current Employee) –  Lichfield, ENG5 August 2014
Working at Norgren its a new challenge everyday but I have gained experience on new machinery everyday the people there are nice and easy to get along with
Pros
experience
Cons
hardwork
Applying for a Norgren Company in Michigan? PLEASE READ
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Saline, MI20 May 2014
If you are considering a career at Norgren in Michigan think twice.

While most people are great, the management team especially HR management is terrible.

Hours are long and toward then end of each month you can expect to work over time salary or not.

Norgren has certain dollar amounts that are set each month and with the poor planning in jobs this just leaves most departments struggling to pull parts in and get jobs/parts out on time. Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Shipping all suffer at the end of each month.

There is no structure or training when you come on board; it's basically a sink or swim situation.

HR management states they are there for you however this is not true. When you try to speak to them about work issues or problems with coworkers you are made to be the issue. It's sad and unfortunate that the one department you should be able to count on you cannot. This is only true for HR management. The assistants are fantastic.

The Supply Chain management is also terrible. There is no support and you can ask for better training or resources to do your job efficiently until you are blue in the face however when you don't receive that support and things go down hill you are blamed.

I enjoyed my job but towards the end with the lack of support and the unwillingness to see that the department was struggling it was time to go. I left my job due to poor HR and Supply Chain management.

I took pride in my job and most of the people I worked with were fantastic. However when you don't have the support you need from upper management or the HR department
  more... to see that a manager is not a good fit and causes 3 people to leave within a month something is wrong.

Also HR management is never forthcoming with internal job postings. If applying for a position you should be informed of all the specifics such as salary etc. while you are going through the interview process NOT after. The incompetence of this department never ceases to amaze the employees and unfortunately it is always a running joke.

It's a shame that this company allows good people to leave. People really do care about doing their jobs well but unfortunately this company does not care. They should really think twice before they let another asset walk out the door in the future.
Pros
Most Employees are great to work with
Cons
Benefits, Salary, and lack of respect within departments
Gained valuable administrative skills
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CT15 May 2014
A typical day at work would be going through mail, dispursing appropriately. Travel arrangements. Scanning and dropping documents in folders. Check runs. Correspondence through mail and email. Setting up meetings and such in Outlook. Phones. Ensuring boardrooms are clean and setting up catering. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers, meeting and greeting.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Been a great place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO9 May 2014
I worked at Norgren, in Colorado, for 5 years. During that time the company went through some pretty strong ups and downs, along with all the other companies in our sector. During the highs there were lots of opportunities for career growth and during the lows the company seemed to do everything possible to take care of it's employees and not cut jobs.
Pros
Opportunities for career advancement and a work-life balance
Cons
Strong focus on short term profit numbers - but what public company doesn't