NORFOLK GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

A great working and learning environment
Mohawk Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON4 March 2017
The staff was very helpful to students learning and working side by side with them. The hospital over all is a very nice working environment.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Small Hospital
worst place
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON23 February 2017
I worked in the kitchen .the girls are so nasty .they expect you to do a job in 2 hours that would normally take four hours .they don't even give you a chance to learn everything .they report if you make the smallest mistake .
Pros
good pay
Cons
not good employees to work with
Excellent Experience
Palliative/Medical Nursing Placement (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON17 October 2015
My time at Norfolk General Hospital provided such a rich learning experience. I was able to spend time on two units, both of which provided many new experiences.
Excellent Management
Coffee Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON10 December 2014
I managed the coffee kiosk which is staffed by volunteers. I learned so much about managing a team of amazing people who are there because they want to be not for a paycheque. This also taught me some patience because at the drop of the hat a volunteer might contact me saying they can't do their next shift which might be in the same day leaving me scrambling to find an available volunteer to fill in.
Management for this position was incredible. She taught me so many things about ordering and working with volunteers; managing some very different personalities.
The hardest part about this position was not ever knowing if the kiosk would be staffed for the day and if not the challenge of finding an available volunteer.
The most enjoyable part of this position was the volunteers. They were for the most part taught me the value of giving your time to something you are passionate about. That it is not always about a paycheque.
Pros
Meeting some incredible people and learning a lot about myself through them.
Cons
Not ever truly having time off.
Work anywhere but NGH!!!!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Simcoe 21 May 2013
After over 10 years of nursing, and over 6 years at NGH this is the last place I would recommend to someone looking for a nursing position. Human resources does not follow the collective agreement and grievances or challenges to their decisions result in being ostracized from the organization. Respect and appreciation for staff is non existent. Staff to patient ratio is very high, and vacation time is almost always denied. My advice is to find an organization which values and appreciates it nurses, recognizes staff loyalty and treats it's staff with dignity and respect. NGH claims to provide the community with caring and compassion, yet can't even treat their staff and particularly their nurses with the same courtesy.
Pros
Cons
Workload, lack of respect for staff and collective agreement, denied vacation
A great staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Simcoe Ontario3 October 2012
A wonderful place to work. It is a very welcoming staff. It is fast paced and requires you to concentrate and work hard. Overall excellent employer.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long and sometime unpredictable hours
great place
Kiln Hanger (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON3 August 2012
awesome working enviornment and everyone i worked with consistantly kept me busy and wanted to teach me things it was a great learning envoirnment!