- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- Possess, or in pursuit of, the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation.
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing management experience – health care, or broader public sector, experience preferred.
- Demonstrated effective analytical, strategic and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated skill and commitment to working cooperatively and collaboratively with your team, colleagues, and suppliers.
Nature of Duties:
- Oversees the processes around supply chain management for the hospital and the Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home. Specifically this calls for, but is not limited to:
- Leading the Purchasing and Stores Departments and their functions.
- Ensuring that purchasing policies and procedures are in accordance with Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives.
- Guiding the purchase of all supplies, equipment and services.
- Preparing annual departmental budgets.
- Contract management.
- Representing the Hospital with various Group Purchasing Organizations.
- Leading tendering processes.
- Creating requests for proposals as well as negotiating with, and evaluating potential vendors.
- Maintaining adequate inventory for varying departmental needs.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to the Human Resources Department referring to the above posting by 1600 hours on July 7, 2014.
Indeed - 9 months ago