Nordstrom Employee Reviews

competitive high paced environment, always being watched
Nike Maven (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2018
my department was managed by one of the worst people I have met in my life.
Constantly criticizing in an offensive manner and never praising when deserved. Seems like everyone in the store is always watching your every move and trying to tell on you
Flexible, balanced, miscommunication
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2018
Pros include positive work environment, engaging managers, good opportunities to sell, flexible and accommodating schedule.
Cons include miscommunication between HR and managers.
Drive sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2017
I did like working there but management was to concentrated on there own image and sales, forgot about their team and what really mattered. Team building did not start at ground level but at GM level and tricked down which was not a good feeling.
Cons
hourly or commission is not a good way to pay someone
You run your own business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 November 2017
The best part of this job is that Nordstrom allows you to go above and beyond in the name of customer service. Making sales is so much easier and more fun when a company wants you to be yourself and have fun!
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Lots of time on your feet.
It was fun and different for those who never worked a tad higher end
sales, shipment, fitting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
My experience on the job was quite an eye opener because of the different characters and colours you see while working sales. The experience opened my eyes to more than just a job it's the way the industry works and the people you interact around you.
Pros
30-45mins for lunch
Cons
Standing for long periods on slow days
Hard to balance job work and life
CASH ROOM & CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2017
Many opportunities to grow within the company. Great benefits including extended health plan and dental plan

Shifts vary a lot, it's hard to plan anything ahead.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2017
Awesome, would work again, super clean

Enjoyed working there

would work again

aweosme treatment of employee

the co-workers are great

Managment was maazing
Worst job I've ever worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada21 October 2017
I quit a job I enjoyed due to promises about pay and moving up in the company during my interview. I quickly realized I was lied to and led on. I was treated like a child by being micromanaged every day and being talked to in a way that made me feel like I was about to be put in time out for not forcing customers to buy products they didn't want.

A typical day at work is being given a huge goal while the floor is overstaffed with no customers. If you start doing too well you'll be given tasks to not be paid commission and then made to feel like it's your fault for not having a decent pay. I went broke during this job.

I learned to not agree to anything in a job without having written and signed proof of the job description.

Employees are put down every single day. Me and many others had cried on breaks from being put down by management. They change the rules every day so you can get ''talks'' about dress code or policies you never knew about. The hardest part of the job was not quitting on the spot and having to hold my tongue while I was put down or while management would contradict themselves. They even touch your phone and look at the home screen if you have it in the back room. Don't let you talk or be friends with the other staff so there's no team-work.

There's also no work/life balance. I would end at 11pm then have to come in some days at 7am. I was too exhausted to do anything on days off and would sometimes have to work 9-10 day stretches during sales working 9 hour days.

I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Bad discount, bad management, stressful, depressing
productive and fun
celine presentation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2017
nice and polite working space with fun people. I work in Nordstrom for Celine clothing presentation, the atmosphere in Nordstrom is really welcoming and I love it.
Cleaner
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2017
This company will not respect you as a person or your time.
Store manager from Yorkdale location, could care less about any workers other than the sales people.
Short staff? be prepare to work overnight even if you are hire for mornings, or the other way around.
You will be call garbage guy/lady.
Benefits and maybe pay its the only good thing about this job.
benefits
Cons
store manager doesn't respect workers, therefore other manager follow along

Want to know more about Nordstrom?

Ask a question
Be prepared!
Service Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 September 2017
I worked for 7 months as a Service Experience Specialist. Allot of responsibility and accountability in this position as it supported the customer and educational training of staff. Highly technical apptitued and experience required. They have great training and team support to help you along, however the hours are long and you must be entirely flexible to work evenings until 12 am or later, then back to work at 8:30 am. It can be grueling and difficult to maintain a happy life and work balance.
Pros
Great training and team support
Cons
Grueling hours and work schedules!
good pay
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2017
Nordstrom has a good culture for customers. It is very good for customer because they dont have return policy. It means you can return whatever you wear or not.
Pros
good pay
Cons
strong competetion
Nordstrom
Sales Associate/Customer service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Nordstrom is a great place to work, but its not the place for me. I want to work for a company that i know i can grow with and a company that appreciates my hard work.
Pros
great people
Cons
bad pay, all sales
ok work envirionment and great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2017
Work benefits are great but salary is not that great for upscale retail job............commission is ok too... Lots of Product knowledge trainings and the work environment is quite friendly...
Nordstrom work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2017
It was such a great experience working at Nordstrom,Calgary.The atmosphere was very friendly and we had a great team working with my coworkers and managers to meet our daily and weekly sales goal.Im so good in commiunication with people and also I have a very good taste in Fashion and find a perfect look for people,So my customers always were loyal to do shopping with me.
Awesome
Fashion Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
It was great going to class and learning about this new company. I got to see the ins and outs of each employee. I am glad that I got pick to be in the Fashion Ambassador program.
Nordstrom Men's shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2017
- There was a lot of negativity and lack of trust inbetween the employess and managment and vice verca.
- We as employees had litle to no say in the companies views moving forward.

-High turnover rate.
- Constant stress
-Workplace was a free for all.
- Managment flip floped to often.
- Did not lead and Boost team comfidence.
-Often times where competing with sale reps.
Pros
1 hour lunches.
Cons
Poor Managment. Terrible hours. Not Enough trafic. not the best selection.
Best place to perform individual and team work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
Working in a department store like Nordstrom, I received so much love from my coworkers and management team. I gained a lot of knowledge from this job, I learned how to successfully contact customers, communicate between different departments, handle products that are being shipped out, link the reward system between the Canadian and the American system, time management to adjust time to schedule customers for services such as makeover, hand massage and facial. I have also improved my customer service skills by communicating with customers based on the customers' interests. Overall this is a great place to work in, the environment and the people make the job experience enjoyable.
fun to work
Sales Associate (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
very nice place to work welcome all people that walks in you can easily find what your looking for very nice people high end quality of products great place to shop
Pros
freelance
Cons
good hrs
a day at Nordstrom
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
• Skillfully o ering an authentic shopping experience for clients while successfully creating a stylish look
• E ectively developing & maintaining clientele by providing courteous and personalized service through the use of sales and
customer care experience
• Working well under pressure in a sales driven environment
• Continuously met and exceeded monthly sales targets
• Constantly assisting clientele in all 3 languages listed above to be able to recommend custom based solutions to their fashion needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordstrom. Our community is ready to answer.