Nordstrom
2,389 reviews

Nordstrom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ADM (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 31, 2015
Work is fun, if there's customers around. Location of this store was bad and no customers were around. People had money, but none were willing to spend it on such expensive fashion items.
Fast paced environment with many opportunities over time.
Stylist / Women's Designer Shoes (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: working with diverse types of people
Cons: low pay
Nordstrom can be a very rewarding company if you dedicate your whole being to it. You are never board working at Nordstrom, there are always tasks that need to be completed. Management is good, they listen to your concerns and do their best to resolve the issues in a professional manor. My co-workers for the most part are respectful, professional and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of my job is balancing the back of house tasks with selling. The most enjoyable part about my position with Nordstrom is consistently dealing with people!
Enjoyable
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 2, 2015
Nice company, fitting in with the culture is a must though otherwise you will not enjoy your time there and will not advance very far.
Good place to work if I was still living with my parents
Jewellery sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, within promotion
Cons: long-hours, terrible pay
Great place to work if you are looking for friends! I've meet a lot of people, the entire work place is a family environment The work is easy - Sell! However there are downsides,
Management can be condescending and unhelpful, they will push you to sell the most however at the same time over-staff the floor. Meaning you are fighting over 1 customer with 16 other department employees (point of view from jewelry department). This creates a hostel work environment. The return policy conflicts with your pay cheque much more then it would if you were to work elsewhere.
It's fair to say at this job that – more... is commission based.. you can not judge how you are as a sales person. They set you up to fail. I personally did in-between average sales to top sales per shift, I have had to struggle through fighting over that 1 customer during slow days and have huge returns on items that have been clearly worn.
The company has lost many employees due to have too many people working at the same time. This is not a job you can live off of! It's a good time for part-time students I suppose, if you meet their part-time requirements.
Great benefits, all management once started as a sales person therefor they only promote within which is good if you have the patience and the money! – less
Fun and stressfree environment
Salesperson (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 5, 2014
Love this place! Employees always score great deals and my co-workers are awesome!
it is definetly an exciting place to meet wonderful people
taylor semstress (Current Employee), Warwick, QCApril 24, 2013
Pros: i love the fact that customers come back and ask for me by name
Cons: distance between work and home is long for me
open tailor shop and prepare garment to be altered,learned that pleasing customers is very important factor,management is dynamic .People I work with are really fun .The distance between work and home is far and we get these wonderful discounts on designer clothes.