Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 5, 2016
Extremely friendly work environment, incredible staff throughout the company, and consistently interesting work. A typical day was preparing and maintaining the floor, speaking with and serving a wide variety of customers, and either opening or closing the store. The position was invaluable at growing my own sales skills, social skills, and leadership abilities.
Pros
Coworkers, customers, respect, hours
productive workplace with great teammates
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 5, 2016
A typical day at work was checking to see which routine we were all on and getting to it. I learned how to communicate and coordinate with my team members to efficiently get all our work completed. Management was fantastic, lots of motivation and help when we needed it. My co-workers were so friendly and very hard working. the hardest part of the job was balancing work and personal life since the shift went all night and then i would sleep through the morning and afternoon. The best part of the job was all the people i would meet in the morning when all the day workers would come in, everyone was so great there.
Pros
excellent benefits and good compensation
Cons
shifts were 12:30am-9am
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2016
It was a great company to work for. They made the work environment easy to be in, the people were friendly, any manager was always willing to help anyone.
Store Is Not Opened yet
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
Has not opened yet but i have been told by management it is a awesome place to work so hopefully it will be true to their word
Unorganized but Productive place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 25, 2016
Co-workers were very enjoyable to work with. I gained valuable learning experience with exceptional customer service and gained more knowledge on fashion. The hardest part of the job was the commission sales as it would lead to unacceptable competitiveness. I enjoyed working with a variety of customers.
benefits
Cons
long hours, no life
Life at Nordstrom
sales associate in the Women's and Designer Shoes (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 8, 2016
Nordstrom as offered an amazing experience for me and I absolutely love the environment. Yes they're long shifts but they pass quickly. Nordstrom is like a second home to me, as i'm there so often and everyone is so nice and caring, makes it feel like home.
Very Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2016
Fun and fast paced, its an awesome start if you want to work in the retail business.

Lots of cool people you meet, easy to stay busy and make the time pass.

awesome for if in school as well
Amazing company to work for
Phone operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 8, 2016
helped me a lot with everything, work life and personal life. They were always understanding of everything and helped me a lot to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. Extremely professional and helpful people on the team.
Pros
Very helpful team
salary
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 7, 2016
Nordstroms is great except for salary.
When I applied I thought I would be makeing hourly and comm but it is what Commission or hourly.:( I am a seasoned sales person so commission is always what I now get paid but it would be great if it was both. if it were both I would not work any where else.
Pros
people, and level of customer service
Cons
salary
Would recommend to others
Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 4, 2016
Great place to work. Good pay great benifits. I really do not know what else to say about it. If you are looking for a place that treats you well this would be it.
Exciting work atmosphere with amazing and enthusiastic employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
Overall, I had a really positive experience working at Nordstrom. The people are amazing, the customer service is like no other store I have ever seen, and the overall atmosphere is really fun and bubbly!
Working with Amazing People
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Nordstrom. I was one of the first salespeople hired to open the first International Nordstrom location. Most of the other salespeople were friendly and I enjoyed working with them. I worked in menswear and the environment could go from really busy one second, to completely dead the next. I learned from Nordstrom that working in a fast paced environment can be difficult at times, but if you manage your time properly, you can get a lot accomplished.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, amazing co-workers, discounts in the restaurant.
Cons
Inexperienced management, cut throat commission environment.
Sales associate/Stylist - BP/Savvy (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 26, 2016
Loved working here, very customer and sales focused but excellent in terms of team work. Loved being able to see customers leave the store happy with their purchases and return back and comment on the excellent customer service they received.
Extremely fast paced work place with a huge variety in customers and products sold.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 7, 2016
It was a very self motivating environment. Being a sales associates was quite rewarding because we would receive special gifts based upon sales and effort. A typical day at work would be making appointments, and helping every customer that comes your way as best as possible. I learned to be independent and how to control my sales and maintain my sales above my expected quota. Management could be a little more hands on. The hardest part of the job was trying to avoid returns. The most enjoyable part of the job was that iwas able to control my own check
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
Supportive, with a great staff
Sales Associate/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
You are the entrepreneur of your own business. Nordstrom supplies you with the tools to achieve any goals you may have. They have a very supportive management team. If you are a hard worker, you will really shine with this company
Pros
Constant feedback, quarterly reviews, free breakfast/lunches
The top dog of retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2016
It's probably the best retail job you will ever land. The services are great and you have a lot of flexibility to say YES to your customer. Your environment is very elegant and it is in the heart of downtown Vancouver.

But at the end of the day, it's still a retail job.
Pros
Elegant environment
Cons
Still commission based on slow months
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2016
Managers are base plus commission and sales are base or commission only. Management will steal your sales. Stressful environment.
Nordstrom
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Nordstrom is like any retail job when working on commission. High in drama yet can be very rewarding if you are passionate about providing great service. The pay is unpredictable which can be a high cause of stress if one is not used to working in such an environment.
Customer Service Oriented Workplace
Men's Designer Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 15, 2015
At Nordstrom, as an employee, we are required to clean and maintain the appearance of the sales floor.
We were required to adapt to our surroundings, and work in a team environment or independently.
Management was present to assist if we had questions, but they lead the team in a way where we should try to resolve our own issues.
Co-workers are very friendly but working in a sales environment, it can sometimes be very aggressive.
I really enjoyed the freedom as a stylist. I can assist customers throughout the store, not just in the department I work from.
Productive, fun, stress-free environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, ABDecember 7, 2015
Nordstrom Dental was a general dental office that offered orthodontics. Nordstrom Dental was a positive, fun, work environment. Family owned business, and managed his own staff. Easy to get along with and talk to. Nordstrom Dental was a very clean organized dental clinic. There were three assistants and two hygienist, all got along great at work and outside of work. I got to use all my skills as a level two dental assistant along with my expanded function in orthodontics. I also was trained on Dentrix G4 software. The dental office was ran efficiently with rarely running behind or over schedule, which made it a stress free environment. I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot of organization skills.
Pros
stress free environment