Nordstrom Employee Reviews

Exciting, personal and stylish place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2017
Work at Nordstrom was very independent based. Commission salaries made a fun competitive environment. The management and co-workers worked well as a team and understood that success came from the balance between relying on each other and ourselves. The hardest part of the job was consistently making store productivity goals during this recession. Pushing for sales was a must during times when people did not want to spend money. The most enjoyable part of the job was using my creativity to create outfits and personal connections with my clients while making good sales.
Fun, exciting diverse workplace
Seasonal Support/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 December 2016
Nordstrom is a very exciting place to work. The atmosphere is fun and you learn new skills and apply it to the job. It is a fast paced environment with very culturally diverse people. As a sales person, you must be very welcoming and have the ability to sell. My co workers were one of the reasons i LOVED coming to work. They are very kind, helpful and outgoing. The hardest part is managing working and school. I live in Surrey, therefore, the commute was the hardest. It took me an hour and half to get to work. However, once i got there the funnest part was bonding with customers and interacting with new people.
Pros
the discount
Cons
It was hard for me to manage my school with my 40 hours per week.
Terrible Management Spoiling the Potential
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2016
I worked for Nordstrom Eaton Centre in designer shoes and I have to say for a store that wants to be elevated and luxurious they hired the most unprofessional, immature and shady management team I have ever encountered. The absolute worst and because of that the staff are unhappy and feel terrible and they have some really great staff but they will all leave because of this management.
The returns are Ridiculous and this affects the staff pay so they have to deal with poor pay and poor management and that is why I left and would never recommend working for this company.
I have heard from people who have been with Nordstrom for many years that this is the worst store they have ever seen or worked in and even they feel bad.
Pros
Nice coworkers, potential, Gucci
Cons
Management, pay, discount is terrible, poor working conditions, some very shady staff who steal sales and hide product
A fun place to work with terrific people and benefits
Logistics Lead (Current Employee) –  Logistics16 November 2016
Receive incoming merchandise to stock a world class store
Learn to be flexible in diverse situations
Management is a give and take opportunity
Co-workers are fun and work hard
The job is challenging and there is always opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
Nordstrom is a world class store
Cons
That the store didn't come to Canada sooner.
It was areally good experience to work at reatil.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
It was something new and challenging for me. The only problem was that it was a lite bit far for me. The environment was perfect, nice people and everyone work as a team supporting each other. I really recommend this job to everyone. This is a really good place to work, and a really big and new company in Toronto, so your changes to grow up inside the company are really big.
awsome place to woek
Commercial Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2016
they do allot of their employee, and people there just so friendly and caring, miss them all. if my husband didn,t get posted I would of stayed there for ever
Pros
had nice place eat
Cons
8 hours day and two days off
awsome place to work for
Commercial Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2016
it was good place work for ,the people weir happy go luck people all ways made you feel welcome and management were awesome, they sure know how take care of their employees,
Pros
bring our lunch in launch
Cons
8hours shift
fun place
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
It is very slow and not too many fun activities or excitement. It is very repetitive duties at the store. The same types of shift and not enough rotating shift. the pay is not worth the job.
Pros
fun
Cons
the pay
Great Customer Experiences and productive work enviroment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2016
Customers are always taken care of in a timely manner. Management was not that good at understanding sales, salaries, and staff management. Great benefits offered. Some staff were not that pleasant to be around.
Great Work Environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2016
Extremely friendly work environment, incredible staff throughout the company, and consistently interesting work. A typical day was preparing and maintaining the floor, speaking with and serving a wide variety of customers, and either opening or closing the store. The position was invaluable at growing my own sales skills, social skills, and leadership abilities.
Pros
Coworkers, customers, respect, hours
productive workplace with great teammates
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2016
A typical day at work was checking to see which routine we were all on and getting to it. I learned how to communicate and coordinate with my team members to efficiently get all our work completed. Management was fantastic, lots of motivation and help when we needed it. My co-workers were so friendly and very hard working. the hardest part of the job was balancing work and personal life since the shift went all night and then i would sleep through the morning and afternoon. The best part of the job was all the people i would meet in the morning when all the day workers would come in, everyone was so great there.
Pros
excellent benefits and good compensation
Cons
shifts were 12:30am-9am
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2016
It was a great company to work for. They made the work environment easy to be in, the people were friendly, any manager was always willing to help anyone.
Store Is Not Opened yet
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Has not opened yet but i have been told by management it is a awesome place to work so hopefully it will be true to their word
Unorganized but Productive place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 August 2016
Co-workers were very enjoyable to work with. I gained valuable learning experience with exceptional customer service and gained more knowledge on fashion. The hardest part of the job was the commission sales as it would lead to unacceptable competitiveness. I enjoyed working with a variety of customers.
benefits
Cons
long hours, no life
Life at Nordstrom
sales associate in the Women's and Designer Shoes (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2016
Nordstrom as offered an amazing experience for me and I absolutely love the environment. Yes they're long shifts but they pass quickly. Nordstrom is like a second home to me, as i'm there so often and everyone is so nice and caring, makes it feel like home.
Very Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2016
Fun and fast paced, its an awesome start if you want to work in the retail business.

Lots of cool people you meet, easy to stay busy and make the time pass.

awesome for if in school as well
Amazing company to work for
Phone operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2016
helped me a lot with everything, work life and personal life. They were always understanding of everything and helped me a lot to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. Extremely professional and helpful people on the team.
Pros
Very helpful team
salary
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2016
Nordstroms is great except for salary.
When I applied I thought I would be makeing hourly and comm but it is what Commission or hourly.:( I am a seasoned sales person so commission is always what I now get paid but it would be great if it was both. if it were both I would not work any where else.
Pros
people, and level of customer service
Cons
salary
Would recommend to others
Logistics Processor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2016
Great place to work. Good pay great benifits. I really do not know what else to say about it. If you are looking for a place that treats you well this would be it.
Exciting work atmosphere with amazing and enthusiastic employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2016
Overall, I had a really positive experience working at Nordstrom. The people are amazing, the customer service is like no other store I have ever seen, and the overall atmosphere is really fun and bubbly!