Nordstrom

Nordstrom Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and stressfree environment
Salesperson (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 5, 2014
Love this place! Employees always score great deals and my co-workers are awesome!
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), montclairOctober 10, 2013
Great company must be self motivated to make a good living. work off commission and you must make your sales goals to make a decent living.
it is definetly an exciting place to meet wonderful people
taylor semstress (Current Employee), Warwick, QCApril 24, 2013
Pros: i love the fact that customers come back and ask for me by name
Cons: distance between work and home is long for me
open tailor shop and prepare garment to be altered,learned that pleasing customers is very important factor,management is dynamic .People I work with are really fun .The distance between work and home is far and we get these wonderful discounts on designer clothes.
Productive and fun at times. Hard work with visible accomplishments.
Inventory Processor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: great co workers and hr is always there to help you with any problems.
Cons: not good communication with managers. sometime a lack of respect when spoken to.
A typical day at work is started by opening all the merchandise in 4 to 5 departments on average. Every day I lean something new. Ive learned POS at Nordstrom how to process online orders and transfer merchandise and rack to other stores. My co-workers are amazing and we worked very hard and well as a team. Most enjoyable part of my job is my schedule – more... 6 am to 2 30 pm. – less
Great Place to Advance
Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, MDApril 16, 2014
Nordstrom is a great place to work, you can definitely advance in the company but you have to be extremely dedicated to what you do. At Nordstrom, you have to go above and beyond in every aspect into retail. It is 100% commission based so you are in control of your earnings.
Wonderful Culture, Pay, Benefits and Place to Work
Commissioned Jewelry & Watch Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kenwood, OHApril 16, 2014
Pros: strong commissioned pay, great company culture, encourages customer service
Cons: poor retention, territorial co-workers
I enjoyed working for Nordstrom during the 2013 Holiday Season! I only worked for two months. The commissioned pay was excellent. The management was super nice and easy to work with. Some of my co-workers however were very territorial because the pay the commissioned based however I viewed it as friendly competition.

There are opportunities to get – more... ahead are great as long as you can stay with the company beyond the holiday season or start any other time other than the holidays. I was dissatisfied with how I was pushed around following the holiday season to find a permanent position. I was told by my manager and the store manager that I had done well during the time I was with Nordstrom i.e. strong sales however I wasn't hired full time and I interviewed/ spoke with other managers regarding openings only to get the run around. Overall I wouldnt take back working for Nordstrom stores. The only rule for the selling floor is use good judgement. The job culture is very work/like centered i.e. Christmas day off to spend time with your family (not many retailers offer that nowadays). Manager and assistant manager were knowledgeable and nice. Great company, highly recommend! – less
Not that great
Sales (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 15, 2014
Nordstrom is not a bad place to work, however It's the worst job Ive had. Nordstrom customer base is unsophisticated. They wear the product and return it. But Nordstrom has trained their customers to do so,when their employees work on commission base salaries. The management don't get paid anything and don't know working labor laws and protocol dealing – more... with staff. – less
Benefical
Seasonal Sales Support (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAApril 14, 2014
Pros: good company, help employers out
Cons: very fast paced, on feet all day, got hot inside building
It was my first time working and Nordstroms was a great place to work seasonally. It was a bit intimidating at first with all the other workers and being so busy during the holidays. My typical day at work usually started at 7:30 or 8 and I has eight hour shifts which included a one hour lunch break. I think that because it was the holiday season everyone – more... was overwhelmed and a bit stressed so the management was a bit distracted. It taught me to work hard and be more independent, instead of having someone tell me everything I had to do I had to work and do a lot of things on my own. The hardest part was how much walking I had to do and the blisters that formed on my feet. The most enjoyable was probably the fact I was working at my favorite store. – less
Great Learning Experience
Savvy Department Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 14, 2014
I was able to learn a lot and grow within the company. I learned how to hire, train, and grow my employees. I was given the opportunity to travel and launch new departments with the company.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 14, 2014
Nordstrom is a high end fashion industry in which they go by the inverted pyramid which means Customers always are the first priority then it goes down from there to employees to the management. I loved this job because it was actually all it said it was it wasn't a lie. They showed how much they cared about customers daily not only that but the management – more... shows care towards the employees there is not one time i felt uneasy here. Nordstrom is the best place I've likewise they have the best benefits. – less
Very interesting place
Administrator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 14, 2014
however management leaves much to be desired... Turnover in the selling departments seems to be unusually high, however the support teams generally stay rooted. Salespeople's paychecks are commission based, so really, you make your own paycheck.
Excellent company to work for
Lead Regional Delivery Room (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 14, 2014
Great company. learn so much about business and management.
Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAApril 14, 2014
Employees are the best part of the job, everyone is very social and friendly.
Energetic and competitive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 13, 2014
Pros: freedom, discounts
Nordstrom was a great company. Nordstrom always promoted from within the company and had really amazing benefits. I learned a lot about true customer service during my time with Nordstrom. My managers were amazing. although Nordstrom was an awesome place due to the competitive nature sometimes the environment seemed a little hostile.
Great!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAApril 12, 2014
Like working here, management and co-workers are really helpful and easy to get along with. Environment is amazing, and customers are usually really pleasant too.
Retail
Sales Associate & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: regular break, good pay for a retail environment
Cons: lots of people, not always understanding managment
A typical day of work consisted of maintaining the sales floor, working to help customers find specific items, and helping to cash them out. Management was good but wasn't always flexible with scheduling. Hardest part of the job was trying to identify shoplifters and making sure other stores are notified. I enjoyed helping customers find what they were – more... looking for and helping them get deals on merchandise. – less
lots of room for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), houston txApril 11, 2014
fast paced fun environment with lots of room for advancement. However some managementdi not take responsibility
Incredible opportunity to meet lead in field.
Resident Artist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
Loved, inspired by meeting and working with Francois Nars. Loved color experience and helping to make most successful event in Nars brand event history.
Beware...part-time jobs are really on call
warehouse clerk (Former Employee), annapolis mdApril 11, 2014
Pros: nordstrom name
Cons: manipulative management style
Whereas Nordstrom presents a high-end luxury face to the world, it's inner workings are manipulative.

For example, Nordstrom advertises "part-time" positions. What they don't tell you is that work is contingent upon feedback from stores about sales volume. One could go in to work work for a little time and be sent home. Or, presumably, be faced with – more... a mountain of work that had to be completed before the conclusion of an 8-hour shift (measured by a quota--80%+). Woe to the person that does not meet that standard. Last-minute weekend work requests must be honored--even if your plans are broken--lest no hours come your way in the future.

For part-time positions at Nordstrom, one is basically committed full-time, without the pay that goes along with such demands. Blatant unfairness, one that should be avoided.

Work for Nordstrom being aware of the risks. – less
*growth
*customer service!

1 2 3 4 5

About Nordstrom

Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, – Read more