Nordstrom Employee Reviews

It was areally good experience to work at reatil.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2016
It was something new and challenging for me. The only problem was that it was a lite bit far for me. The environment was perfect, nice people and everyone work as a team supporting each other. I really recommend this job to everyone. This is a really good place to work, and a really big and new company in Toronto, so your changes to grow up inside the company are really big.
productive workplace with great teammates
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2016
A typical day at work was checking to see which routine we were all on and getting to it. I learned how to communicate and coordinate with my team members to efficiently get all our work completed. Management was fantastic, lots of motivation and help when we needed it. My co-workers were so friendly and very hard working. the hardest part of the job was balancing work and personal life since the shift went all night and then i would sleep through the morning and afternoon. The best part of the job was all the people i would meet in the morning when all the day workers would come in, everyone was so great there.
Pros
excellent benefits and good compensation
Cons
shifts were 12:30am-9am
Great Work Environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2016
Extremely friendly work environment, incredible staff throughout the company, and consistently interesting work. A typical day was preparing and maintaining the floor, speaking with and serving a wide variety of customers, and either opening or closing the store. The position was invaluable at growing my own sales skills, social skills, and leadership abilities.
Pros
Coworkers, customers, respect, hours
Unorganized but Productive place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 August 2016
Co-workers were very enjoyable to work with. I gained valuable learning experience with exceptional customer service and gained more knowledge on fashion. The hardest part of the job was the commission sales as it would lead to unacceptable competitiveness. I enjoyed working with a variety of customers.
benefits
Cons
long hours, no life
Great Customer Experiences and productive work enviroment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2016
Customers are always taken care of in a timely manner. Management was not that good at understanding sales, salaries, and staff management. Great benefits offered. Some staff were not that pleasant to be around.
awsome place to work for
Commercial Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2016
it was good place work for ,the people weir happy go luck people all ways made you feel welcome and management were awesome, they sure know how take care of their employees,
Pros
bring our lunch in launch
Cons
8hours shift
Life at Nordstrom
sales associate in the Women's and Designer Shoes (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2016
Nordstrom as offered an amazing experience for me and I absolutely love the environment. Yes they're long shifts but they pass quickly. Nordstrom is like a second home to me, as i'm there so often and everyone is so nice and caring, makes it feel like home.
awsome place to woek
Commercial Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2016
they do allot of their employee, and people there just so friendly and caring, miss them all. if my husband didn,t get posted I would of stayed there for ever
Pros
had nice place eat
Cons
8 hours day and two days off
Working with Amazing People
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
I really enjoyed working at Nordstrom. I was one of the first salespeople hired to open the first International Nordstrom location. Most of the other salespeople were friendly and I enjoyed working with them. I worked in menswear and the environment could go from really busy one second, to completely dead the next. I learned from Nordstrom that working in a fast paced environment can be difficult at times, but if you manage your time properly, you can get a lot accomplished.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, amazing co-workers, discounts in the restaurant.
Cons
Inexperienced management, cut throat commission environment.
fun place
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
It is very slow and not too many fun activities or excitement. It is very repetitive duties at the store. The same types of shift and not enough rotating shift. the pay is not worth the job.
Pros
fun
Cons
the pay
salary
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2016
Nordstroms is great except for salary.
When I applied I thought I would be makeing hourly and comm but it is what Commission or hourly.:( I am a seasoned sales person so commission is always what I now get paid but it would be great if it was both. if it were both I would not work any where else.
Pros
people, and level of customer service
Cons
salary
Extremely fast paced work place with a huge variety in customers and products sold.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2016
It was a very self motivating environment. Being a sales associates was quite rewarding because we would receive special gifts based upon sales and effort. A typical day at work would be making appointments, and helping every customer that comes your way as best as possible. I learned to be independent and how to control my sales and maintain my sales above my expected quota. Management could be a little more hands on. The hardest part of the job was trying to avoid returns. The most enjoyable part of the job was that iwas able to control my own check
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2016
It was a great company to work for. They made the work environment easy to be in, the people were friendly, any manager was always willing to help anyone.
Amazing company to work for
Phone operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2016
helped me a lot with everything, work life and personal life. They were always understanding of everything and helped me a lot to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. Extremely professional and helpful people on the team.
Pros
Very helpful team
Sales associate/Stylist - BP/Savvy (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2016
Loved working here, very customer and sales focused but excellent in terms of team work. Loved being able to see customers leave the store happy with their purchases and return back and comment on the excellent customer service they received.
Exciting work atmosphere with amazing and enthusiastic employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2016
Overall, I had a really positive experience working at Nordstrom. The people are amazing, the customer service is like no other store I have ever seen, and the overall atmosphere is really fun and bubbly!
Supportive, with a great staff
Sales Associate/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2016
You are the entrepreneur of your own business. Nordstrom supplies you with the tools to achieve any goals you may have. They have a very supportive management team. If you are a hard worker, you will really shine with this company
Pros
Constant feedback, quarterly reviews, free breakfast/lunches
Very Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2016
Fun and fast paced, its an awesome start if you want to work in the retail business.

Lots of cool people you meet, easy to stay busy and make the time pass.

awesome for if in school as well
Store Is Not Opened yet
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Has not opened yet but i have been told by management it is a awesome place to work so hopefully it will be true to their word
The top dog of retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 February 2016
It's probably the best retail job you will ever land. The services are great and you have a lot of flexibility to say YES to your customer. Your environment is very elegant and it is in the heart of downtown Vancouver.

But at the end of the day, it's still a retail job.
Pros
Elegant environment
Cons
Still commission based on slow months