NORDIA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
awful
HHLT (Current Employee), Orillia, ONAugust 20, 2015
Pros: the wage
Cons: infinite, this job will cause you depression and high levels of stress
The worst job I have ever worked. Forced over time, high turn over, no job security, high stress, unrealistic expectations, and you're treated as a statistic, not as a person.
Not too horrible, but management is awful
Client Solutions, ERT (Former Employee), KitchenerAugust 11, 2015
Pros: fun staff, good bonus and benefits, easy job
Cons: heavy sales, not enough pay for work you are expected to do, poor management
I worked at Nordia for about 8 months. They really try to treat their employees well to compensate for the fact that 90% of the people you speak to are absolutely horrible and forget that you're a human. They provide special meal days, fun activities like photo booth days, and different motivational things. Great bonus if you can get it, but it's one of those things were one bad day can ruin your stats for the month, or they take away the bonus as a punishment. The stats you have to achieve are insane. The cancellation department is expected to only cancel 13% of the people who are calling to cancel. – more... If you miss this, you will be subject to disciplinary action. This job has a very heavy sales focus, regardless of it being a cancellation department. You WILL be expected to get sales, you will be disciplined if you do not. They also cap out incentives. One month they expected us to upgrade 1000 accounts and ship them out (gotta lock in that 2 years!) and offered an incentive of $5 per phone you got shipped. Some people went crazy with it, buy the end of 2 weeks we had some agents that had shipped out 300 phones on their own. An email went out pretty quickly saying the incentive was capped out to a maximum of $200 per employee.
The also recently added the ERT (escalations) team to client solutions. Every single loyalty department agent was trained on escalations. We were all told we had to tell customers who were transferred to escalations that we were managers. So basically if you call the loyalty department and ask for a manager because you're not satisfied, that person is already trained on how to deal with you. They will transfer you though so that you don't know, and you will be speaking to a "manager" that may be sitting right beside the person you just talked to. A real manager will almost never speak to a customer because there's no point, we are all trained to do their job. Regardless of the fact we were to call ourselves managers and deal with customers as such, and our work was doubled, we were not given any extra pay for this job. That is the reason I left Nordia.
Management also spends a lot of time just hanging out with eachother in one desk. If you need help, you will likely call 3 different managers and no one will answer. It can be very frustrating because sometimes you just need approval to give a credit (good luck with that, even if the customer should be getting a credit, managers will do everything in their power to make sure you don't give it.) – less
nordia
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJuly 24, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: sitting at a desk all day
its a great place to work nice environment the mangers care they are always coming up with things to make it fun to work there and i have learned how to sell products and how to control angray customers
Fun work place
Directory Assistance Agent (Former Employee), Corunna OntarioMay 12, 2015
The employees were great, everyone was helping each other to succeed.The supervisors were pleasant and helpful.Only reason I left, I was moving to Calgary
Big Heatrs
Bell Satellite TV Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 11, 2015
Norida is involved with many charities. Always raising money to help people in need. In some cases they have even helped some of their fellow employees.
Not the place to be if you need a certain schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orillia, ONMay 6, 2015
the pay is good, the commission is good, the management is horrible, the building is dirty, they will NOT work around or help you get a schedule that fits you, they give you a shift and thats that.
Friendly Workspace
Residential Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 25, 2015
I found it very dynamic and inspiring workplace. My improved my computer and multitasking skills through the environment of this job.
Not for everyone. No 'thinking outside the box' allowed.
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), Orillia, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good work stations and equipment. New chairs last fall.
Cons: Difficult to know what to expect, as you don't get consistent information.
Too many politics and 'Compliance' rules. Rules are subject to human judgement, and not all Team Leads can agree on what is compliant and what isn't. Different answers depending on who you talk to, and different standards, depending on who you are. Very inconsistent messages from middle management.
Hive atmosphere
Agent (Former Employee), PeterboroughApril 7, 2015
Pros: money is decent for a first job out of highschool, not so good for someone with a background in tech
Cons: tethered to a desk
The work is pretty easy for people familiar with technology.
A typical day will have you correcting phone software configuration problems, helping people set their phones up to access WiFi or e-mail or something equally uninteresting.
The tools are mostly good with a few god awful exceptions that you quickly learn to avoid.
Co-workers are a pretty good bunch.
Management seem to be mostly preoccupied with trying to balance staff retention with hitting their management targets (bonus money).
Hardest part of the job is the drudgery of dealing with upset customers when all you really want to do is meet your performance stats so you get your bonuses.
All I learned from the job is that smart phones seem to make people dumber.
employers were not right
call center (Former Employee), MonctonApril 4, 2015
The work itself was good, but payroll messed up too many times. I began to feel they were doing on purpose. I did not enjoy work anymore feeling this way.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 1, 2015
A typical work day would be, assisting customers with their cell phone issues. I learned a great deal about asking questions, and probing, never assuming anything. Management was great, as were my coworkers, Hardest part of the job is when the solution was not easily found. The most enjoyable part is when a customer is completely satisfied with what I could do for them.
Engaging Workplace
Senior Account Specialist (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 29, 2015
Being on the phone with a new customer every few minutes for me is interesting because I am always intrigued and inspired by people. Every day I learn something new about my job which is probably the most fun part of my job. What may be most challenging is being patient while learning and working through the initial stage. The management is supportive and actively listens to what we need for training. The rewards are excellent and all agents have the opportunity for rewards which go above and beyond our pay. There is a great esprit-de-coeur among co-workers and that's also such a benefit.
It was ok
Technical Support Division (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 22, 2015
The job was just not something I would personally like to continue, very stressful and the staffing was horrible. Call center jobs are definitely not for everyone!
Many Issues
Team Manger (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: very friendly coworkers
Cons: unrealistic expectations
From a management perspective it is great if you want to work more then 40 hours a week to get your work load done and not get paid extra. Never given the proper information in a timely matter, if you are struggling you and and you tell any one in upper management why they state it is just an excuse. The HR department on site is too involved with everyone in management so you do not feel safe going to give an HR complaint. If you are a tenured agent on the phones you have 3 months to show improvement is you are not meeting target or you are out the door. The plus side is the pay and the people that you work with, it is the job itself and the company that needs to be fixed. It is very stressful and quite a few payroll mix ups.
Fun work place with commission
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: people you work with are great
Cons: shifts are all over the place
Norida is great to work for. They really care about customer service but also provide their employees with commission if we make a sale.
A great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, QCJanuary 30, 2015
I did alot of growing up with Nordia since i was there for 6 years. I learned a lot of different skills and met a lot of great people and got a clear idea of what i wanted to do in the future.
fun
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: bonues for making stats
Cons: strict sick/absentee policy
I love working here, could not ask for more positive colleagues.
Decent money, terrible treatment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits and discounts
Cons: poor management and instruction
Answering phone calls and dealing with customers concerns while trying to make sales on every single call. Learned how to manipulate others into buying services they did not need. Management was poor and unreliable. Co-workers were often able to better assist then any of the support staff. Hardest part of the job was being verbally abused every day by customers. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers by far.
Great friends, very stressful
Bell Mobility Customer Care (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great pay/benefits/bonus
Cons: stressful, inconsistent hours
If you have thick skin and do not get stressed out very easily, then this is a great place to work. The people who work there are fantastic, you'll make lots of friends very quickly. If you are good enough to hit your stats then you can definitely bring home lots of $$$!!

Remember it is customer service for mobility. The customers aren't always the nicest people you will deal with. Lots of entitlement and demands that you will not always be able to satisfy. The management for the most part again are really nice people, but a lot of inconsistency with company policies and procedures. If you're a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kinda person then this would probably suit your quite well.
Love the employees but the job isnt for everyone.
Retention Representative (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: 40 hours a week, great coworkers
Cons: high stress workplace
Great work place with garanteed 40 hours a week. The job isnt for everyone though. The retention department of any company is a high stress atmosphere but it is also the most rewarding when you get that customer that truely needs help and you have the ability to fully fix their issue. The job taught me how to keep my cool with irate customers and to think outside the box.
The jobs competitive, face paced and you do have room for advancement if you excel with the goals they set for each people. The employees are from all walks of life and are very fun to be around. You develop life long friendships and theres always something going on for anyone to join in on the weekends. Its a great workplace for the right person.