Nordia Employee Reviews

good place to work
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 May 2017
nordia has good wages and give lots of hours for you to work. The collegues and co workers are very helpful and the training in the first month of starting is effective
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 May 2017
Great place to work, loved going in every day and seeing my co-workers, also the building is very clean and the pay was good, great location, very east to get to.
Very good organizational culture
CSIB Agent for Bell (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 May 2017
Nordia is place where everyone helps each other and we follow very strong work ethics.
It is fun working in a team and achieving the goals .
resolving customer's problems is a very challenging and interesting job
Pros
bonus
Cons
Early shifts
Casual job
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC25 April 2017
Come in, do your work. If you stay away from the drama the work environment is good. The salary is competitive. The task is repetitive and boring but it was worth it.
Sales Environment
Team Leader/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON10 April 2017
This is a inbound call center where you are required to login when you arrive and typically take around 25-30 calls per shift. This is a sales inbound call center but we receive about 5 calls per day that we can really sell on.

Hardest part of the job is to meet your sales quotas and other metrics that are required. Very high stress job that not many people can tolerate.

I have learned a lot about sales, call metrics and staying positive.
Pros
people, bonus, commission
Cons
sales metrics, management
Great workplace but management isnt the greatest
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 April 2017
I liked working at nordia, great pay and beenfits.
The management however does need some work, it can be a very high school like environment,
You will often here gossip and alot of it does come from the management roles.
Best company ever
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC6 April 2017
The management was good, any questions you have you will get the answer for. It's always fun cold calling people to convince them and you would get rewarded very well for your well done job.
Call centre
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON5 April 2017
Answered phone calls and provided customer service for billing inquiries, while effectively offering new services to customers. Handled inbound sales calls.
It was ok for a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
It was too much sitting at a desk and answering calls. I learned how to deal with customers in a polite manner and solve problems with efficiently. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Working at Nordia.
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 March 2017
i was there for three years. i enjoyed my time there and the people where nice to work with, the experience i gained as a call center agent has given me good people skills. Nordia has a good work environment and fair honest management. I would still be there if I was not moving away.
Decent place to work.
Intraday Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 March 2017
The company was fine. If you worked hard you could move up, which I did. Management often contradicted itself and priorities switched randomly.

Culture was tight-knit.
Pros
Fairly easy work.
Cons
Little room to be promoted.
Stressful
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2017
I loved the people who I worked with but sadly there is a lot of politics that are incraved in that work place. Not very respectful to their employees.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No respect for employees, Random hours, stressful
Good company to work for. Pay is pretty good. They have a good benefits pkg.
Client Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 March 2017
Early starts most days as you can somewhat manage your schedule.
I've learned a lot of information about mobility devices, internet services and television sevices including home phone services.
Management is always on site and usually accessable.
The workplace culture is very multi cultural as there are many different ethnic persuations all working together in harmony.
The hardest part of the job is to make sales as this job is in the cancellation dept. Sales are expected and are required to maintain employment
The best part of the job is the satisfaction of helping consumers get better service with less cost while satisfying all their communication needs and being thanked repeatedly for being efficient and curtious in a timely manner. When the customer tells you "this is the best conversation I have ever had with a Bell representative" you know you did a good job.
Pros
Most current technology available to consumers
Cons
Significant focus on sales not on customer service
this job is not for the weak.
TV/Billing/Service Assurance, CSR. (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 March 2017
Like any call center, you are tethered to a headset all day, taking inbound calls and dealing with mostly angry people. Very repetitive. Most of your co workers are great, and most of the management is great, but there is always that unspoken threat to meet your targets or you will be let go. Attendance is monitored heavily, and the company does not offer sick days, only the 10 days that the government sets via the labour board, So be prepared to get a doctors note if you are off work for more than a day.
If you are easily offended, or upset easily, this job is not for you. Customers will call you names, and will swear and act childish, so this is where you need to learn to be calm and let it all go. Not worth the money to get stressed out or take what they say personally.
I do not think the pay rate equals the job expectations, especially in some of the departments. This company often changes it business needs, so you can find yourself working in a different department and not by choice. Work/life balance can be tricky until you get some seniority behind you, so be prepared to work any shift, which can take up most of your day. The place is unionized, so that helps a bit, but no guarantee they can save you, if you get let go.
Not a great job, but I have worked in worse call center settings before.
So if you can handle being glued to a desk for 8 hrs, and can handle
all customer types, then you might do ok, there are long time employees here, even agents that have worked there for many years, but most people do not last too long as it is stressful, when it is day after
  more... day.
All I can say is good luck to you.
Pros
Free company BBQ, and Christmas dinner, Bake sales. Incentive programs
Cons
rude customers, company politics, not great pay, not great shift times.
Fun workplace but very poorly managed
Retail Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 March 2017
- Typical day at work was okay as the job is not hard.
- The scheduling team is entirely inflexible. One co-worker was denied his own wedding day off and had to go through a long and arduous process to finally get the day off approved.
- Scheduling is seniority based so don't expect to get better hours unless someone higher up is fired or quits. This means you will probably not get any weekend days off for at least the first year or two.
Pros
Good break schedules.
Cons
Inflexible scheduling. Few opportunities to advance.
Watch your back!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 March 2017
Your job description can change in a heartbeat and you will be walked out if you don't catch on right away.
Management says they will do their part but never do.
learned to be productive and patient
Billing/Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 March 2017
A great experience dealing with customers that arent always happy with the product, it allowed me to learn patience and great customre service.
Fun Environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 February 2017
Great management team and a good environment to work in. Company cared about the employees as well as the customers they served. Had employee appreciation events.
Pros
good pay, good environment
Cons
different shifts most days.
Good atmosphere to work in.
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo , B,16 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Nordia the employees where great to work with. Daily job was coaching and motivating my team and attending meetings.
Management was supportive work place culture was good. hardest part of the job was reaching company goals that weren't realistic. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the success in my team and success of individuals on the team.
Nordia SJ
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 February 2017
Its an ok place to work. The team leaders were not helpful they basically threaten to fire you every time you have a bad day. As long as your making them money you didn't have to worry. They teach you how to lie your way into getting a sale. The hardest part of the job was having to be dishonest to customers in order to keep your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9