Nordia Employee Reviews

Decent for a call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 January 2017
Overall not a terrible place to work. Pay is decent and benefits are good. I wouldn't look to make a career out of it though.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hours, flexibility with shifts
Basically I found this job to be a rather poor experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 January 2017
A typical day at work usually just started with a mandatory 15 minutes ahead of work be on the floor from the management. By the end of the day my stress levels will have sky rocketed from dealing with customers on the phone and management.
Management is horrible at this company, they hide in their offices and when they say "we'll look into it" - provided you can get into their offices at all, they never do anything. Coworkers were about the only thing I looked forward to seeing at work, they were pretty much the only thing I enjoyed about working there. The hardest part would be dealing with attitudes of customers and management, they are stressful even on the best of days.
Pros
Decent benefits and wage
Cons
Long hours, poor management, high stress
Good workplace for a first call center job
Customer service / Technical support (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC31 December 2016
A typical day at work is to punch in on time, take calls for the rest of the 8hours shift.

I have learned how to provide excellent customer service to clients all while meeting and outstanding performance requirements. I have also mainly learned how a call center works. Another lesson was to learn how to make sales.

The management at Nordia was great at teaching their agents to give great customer service to clients and meeting their needs.

My co-workers were pleasant to work with. Very hardworking people that were always respectful and professional.

The hardest part of the job was to know that several departments of Bell Express Vu had moved to India and my department were in transition to work with India's new agents.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that i got to learn a lot on what is great customer service and what techniques could be used to always offer the best customer service.
Pros
1 hour lunches, managers were very approachable and supportive, great learning experiences
Cons
salary, a bit far by bus
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service and Sales for Bell Canada (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 December 2016
A typical day would be taking phone call after phone call from customers with issues as well as sales and service questions.
Amazing place to work!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 December 2016
Awesome place to work, management is great, pay is awesome, coworkers are great, amazing place to work! They have a gym, which is awesome, the parking really sucks tho! Its underground and really sketchy looking other than that, it's the best
Pros
Cons
Parking
Upbeat atmosphere, new games room for agents to relax in, lots of bonus and incentives
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 November 2016
A typical day is spent on the phone helping customers with billing issues. Yes customers do yell at you, but most calm down when they realize I am trying to fix the problem. I am continuously learning through their online courses as well as coaching sessions.
I can't say enough about the managers at the Orillia site, they are always coming up with new ways to make the job site less stressful through contests, acknowledging achievements and positive attitudes.
My co-workers are friendly and willing to help if I have a problem.
The hardest part of my job is trying to remember which program does what, especially for those rare one offs.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having a customer thank me for taking the time to listen and for finding a solution.
Pros
Pay and bonuses, contests, lots of training
Cons
Programs fail during a call which forces you to go the backup program
not the best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 November 2016
If you can stay sane the money isn't bad except in my opinion the environment is toxic except for a few managers who made it bearable. Not much room for advancement.
Workplace- steady hours and medical benefits
Full time Loyalty Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 October 2016
Steady hours (40 hours a week)
Opportunity for overtime
Agents well compensated with opportunities to participate in incentives
Good Medical Benefits
Pros
Great coworkers willing to assist each other, team environment, steady hours each week, excellent medical benefits coverage
Cons
Little room for advancement once I reached Trainer
Good Company, good pay, terrible soul-killing work. Everyone is either emtry level, under review, or fired.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC22 October 2016
Good Company (evil lite)
Pay is very good for industry (Union)
Customer service for a Telcom engenders the death urge.

It's not a Gulag or Sweatshop or fly by night telemarketing gig.
But neither is it working for Google.
Pros
A Job
Cons
An Employer
Awful hours, not fun work place, noone cares about others
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 October 2016
Honestly not worth the money, or your sanity. Props to anyone who has the patience to put up with the bull that the supervisors, company etc put everyone through. You go in unhappy and drained and leave miserable and drained. Glad I got out of there when I did.pay was ok, benefits were nice but still not worth my time.
For a call centre it is an okay work environment
Technical Support Specialty (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 October 2016
Working with Nordia is okay for a call centre. High stress but excellent health benefits. The calls are the stressful you get a lot of customers complaining to you.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
High stress
Tough job, good place to work
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 September 2016
Some people aren't cut out for call center work; I am one of them. They treat you well and do their best to help out employees that may be struggling.
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2016
Typical day at work was really good.
I have learn that you cannot take anything for granted.
Management and the union is not for any of my co-workers
my co-workers were all great
the hardest part of my job was that the company kept changing on what to say on the phone to the customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to speak different people.
Really tough job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 August 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. The training we got was really great. What made it tough was management. They were mostly really young people who dated the people they supervised. If a manager didn't like you good luck getting then to take an escalated call. I saw people in the lunch room making out! Oh and lunches got stolen all the time!
Pros
Unionized, benefits, contests
Cons
Low wages, inexperienced managers
Good Summer Job
Directory Assistance Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 August 2016
Odd hours and the job was easy.

work schedule flexible. training was good.

job coaching was provided and it was helpful.

good student job.
Lots of different experiences
Formatrice en Bell télé (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 July 2016
This company definitely opened up some doors. I was able to do a bit of traveling and develop new skills. Met a lot of nice people.
High energy atmosphere with results based training and pay-structure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 July 2016
This was a computer and phone intensive job, handling a wide array of Bell customers with varying needs. I had success their and enjoyed working with the team.
Awesome place to work
Client Solutions, Loyalty & Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 July 2016
Awesome place to work. Great benefits, great pay. Long shifts with mandatory OT and shifts not the same for a week at a time....constantly changing.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Mandatory over time, late shifts
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 July 2016
I learnt to multi task, got a long great with co-workers as I'm a very sociable person. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help customers the way that I wanted to help them without transferring them over to another department .
Fun place to work if you have a great attitude yourself.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 July 2016
Awesome place to work. Customers are confused and frustrated and your job is to correct that. There are no bad customers.

2.8