Nordia

Nordia Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stressfull prison like environment with little to no support!
Retention cancellation sales complaint (Former Employee), MonctonOctober 24, 2014
Pros: certainly not the management
Cons: bird droppings car bombardment
I was a retention agent for a almost nine months at the Moncton site.
Here's a few key points to consider strongly before applying for Nordia.

All day long you deal with frustrated Bell clients who are so angry they want to cancel their services and go elsewhere. And I don't blame them with so many billing errors, 3 to 4 annual price increases.

Your role is to keep your calm and try to convince, a frustrated client who's been transfered from incompetant departments in the Phillipines. Not only the customer has been on the phone for ever before he reaches your department, and being transfered to a foreign country does not go well with Canadians.

You basically have to manipulate the client and almost brainwash them with lies, calculations to loose the client and make him stay to get robbed even more. It's like selling ice to a Inuit in January.

To top it off, you are being provided with a below standard network with passwords for each and every different tool you have, and they expire not all at the same time. You will get lost in all the different combinations you will use.

You are monitored for stat based performance, and your coach, the one who does nothing but play on his I phone and avoid taking escalated supervisor calls will cash in your hard earned work.

You have to scan your fingerprint has a punch in system and your schedule constantly changes on a daily basis.

Back to back frustrating calls, that will soon haunt your dreams.

I was let go for being home sick even before I had the chance to provide a medical note. And if my coach got a bonus each month was certainly – more... how I lowered the team stats.

They start a new class of ten individuals each month because everyone leaves this toxic environment.

Broken down chairs will take a toll on your back and posture.

Always dealing with negative clients will change your attitude and you will become negative yourself.

The place smells of bio and multicultural spices.

You will work ugly hours because your clients are in Quebec and Ontario so the schedule matches their timezone.

Family diners will become a thing of the past. Kids at home? Forget that they will be in bed by the time your done work. Social life? Forget that, after 8 hours of arguing, explaining, when you finally get home you just want to zone off and talk as little as possible.

So if you want to be a Nordia slave keep this in mind. Bell pays Nordia to manage the callcenters so that they can offer low wages, low benefits, even lower conditions and still try to make a profit and the poor employees who are trying to keep the existing clients, get no credit or appreciation.

You want to have poor working conditions with ridiculous expectations completely out of your control? You want to become a robot and say the same script over and over again, get your car bombarded with bird droppings being so close to the dump? Apply there you know they will hire you. Worst experience of my whole working career. – less
Not too horrible, but management is awful
Client Solutions, ERT (Former Employee), KitchenerAugust 11, 2015
Pros: fun staff, good bonus and benefits, easy job
Cons: heavy sales, not enough pay for work you are expected to do, poor management
I worked at Nordia for about 8 months. They really try to treat their employees well to compensate for the fact that 90% of the people you speak to are absolutely horrible and forget that you're a human. They provide special meal days, fun activities like photo booth days, and different motivational things. Great bonus if you can get it, but it's one of those things were one bad day can ruin your stats for the month, or they take away the bonus as a punishment. The stats you have to achieve are insane. The cancellation department is expected to only cancel 13% of the people who are calling to cancel. If you miss this, you will be subject to disciplinary action. This job has a very heavy sales focus, regardless of it being a cancellation department. You WILL be expected to get sales, you will be disciplined if you do not. They also cap out incentives. One month they expected us to upgrade 1000 accounts and ship them out (gotta lock in that 2 years!) and offered an incentive of $5 per phone you got shipped. Some people went crazy with it, buy the end of 2 weeks we had some agents that had shipped out 300 phones on their own. An email went out pretty quickly saying the incentive was capped out to a maximum of $200 per employee.
The also recently added the ERT (escalations) team to client solutions. Every single loyalty department agent was trained on escalations. We were all told we had to tell customers who were transferred to escalations that we were managers. So basically if you call the loyalty department and ask for a manager because you're not satisfied, that person is – more... already trained on how to deal with you. They will transfer you though so that you don't know, and you will be speaking to a "manager" that may be sitting right beside the person you just talked to. A real manager will almost never speak to a customer because there's no point, we are all trained to do their job. Regardless of the fact we were to call ourselves managers and deal with customers as such, and our work was doubled, we were not given any extra pay for this job. That is the reason I left Nordia.
Management also spends a lot of time just hanging out with eachother in one desk. If you need help, you will likely call 3 different managers and no one will answer. It can be very frustrating because sometimes you just need approval to give a credit (good luck with that, even if the customer should be getting a credit, managers will do everything in their power to make sure you don't give it.) – less
Alright jobs, lots of skills that wouldn't have been learned otherwise, built some great relationships. Problem was the asinine management.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: awesome coworkers, tons of incentives/bonuses, great hourly wage
Cons: inconsistent management, poor communication within management, very difficult to advance.
A typical day at work with Nordia NANAIMO consists of lots of customers calling to yell at you for problems caused by another agent. This is something I learned to handle very well throughout my employment. I had previously been in a supervisory role, however, the skills I learned over the phones (empathy, managing customer needs, closing sales, showing loyalty), I am very grateful for.

There are a lot of policies and procedures to follow, and this can come across as very overwhelming at first, but just like everything else, it gets easier. The management if really hit and miss; it depends on the situation. The managers within the building are all very positive, helpful and supportive, however, the business overall is run quite poorly.

Co-workers at Nordia NANAIMO are hands down the best part. The people are what get you through your job everyday. There is a lot of joking around the occurs, which makes such a negative environment slightly more positive. The hardest part of the job aside from people constantly yelling and you, belittling you and screaming it's your fault they are having technical problems, it's definitely the pressure you get put under if you are not performing as well as you once did. The best part of the job if the great hourly pay and bonus structure, as well as scheduling if based on performance rather than tenure.

I believe it to be a good job for learning a lot of really important life skills, however, I also feel it is a job where a lot of people become the worst versions of themselves.

If you can't maintain you emotions, have high anxiety, – more... or if you take insults personally, this if not a job for you. If you are looking for a challenge to help you better you customer service and sales skills; this is a job for you to try. – less
Boring and repetitive, but safe
Bell TV Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 6, 2012
Call centre work can be extremely stressful and frustrating, but if you learn to distance yourself from the customers emotionally and you get used to how to use the computer programs Bell uses, this quickly becomes an easy and reliable job.

The salary is poor (maybe a dollar over minimum wage), and the "incentives" for good performance are somewhat misleading, as the performance indicators are set in such a way that you can never meet them all, thereby only giving you a partial bonus at best. On the other hand, the medical and dental benefits are quite nice (provided you last 6 months at the job, which is the qualifier).

Management is made up mostly of people who used to answer the phones themselves, so they are very understanding and down to earth.

Best parts of the job: perfect work/life balance. What happens at work stays there. Also, if you can make it through the first month or two without a mental break-down, the job becomes very easy and secure.

Worst parts: at some point in the day, you will talk to at least one person whose main reason for calling is to make your life as miserable as theirs. Also, this job is painfully repetitive. After hanging up with a customer, another one starts talking to you after about 30 seconds. All you do is answer calls and resolve the same problems over and over for 8 hours.
Would not recommend
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 22, 2015
Pros: Not a single one
Cons: No advancement
Typical day at work includes placing orders for unprepared agents using systems that give us errors on a regular basis (almost every order), while working in an unprofessional environment with managers who care more about the team competition than actually managing the team.
You're given 10 absent days per year, but a 1 hour+ late is considered an absence, so a doctors note must be provided ($20 per note).
Facebook is allowed at your station, although only works on the slow internet browser, but your cell phone is not even allowed to be seen at your desk.
BellZone points are paid out for movie sales, but they arenever actually paid out (I have been waiting 4+ months). If you quit before BellZone points are received, you will never receive them, they will be donated to Nordia (as stated by management). The same applies for your monthly performance bonus which is paid out on your cheque.
No advancement in the company. To become a manager you must give up your hoursly pay, and your unionization.
If you want to change departments, well, you kind of can't. I was refused due to our call volumes in the department being too high, so I was denied moving to a different department.
Great place to either start customer service career, or use skills in other placement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: starting experience, management/coworkers, benefits
Cons: negative customers, stats affected by previous agents error (like customer satisfaction) which can be frustrating, balancing customer need with stat achievement
My experience with Nordia has been mostly positive. I have had the pleasure of working with a great manager who focused consistently on how work could be done better; as a ground for developing customer service skills, it has been excellent.

Typical day involves handling calls from various customers about billing inquiries. It's good if you like to be challenged. There are multiple personalities that will call in, and you must manage yourself well with all these personalities while also meeting minimum statistics related to call quality and customer satisfaction.

Co-workers are friendly and very helpful in coaching scenarios when needed. I personally found the hardest part of the job to be balancing the accomplishment of all stats with the needs of the customer.

Occasionally, the center will hold various events (fun committee), and management is generally very helpful and friendly. There are benefits available after a minimum term with the company, including medical and dental, for both part-time and full-time staff, at the time of this writing.

Overall, I would recommend this to someone that would either like to build customer service repertoire, or to start a career in the telecommunications industry.
A very disappointing job experience.
Customer Service Loyalty (Former Employee), Orillia,ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: hourly wage.
Cons: inexperienced trainer.
Their motto is "White Glove Customer Care". So customers are treated with respect and care. However, it is a totally different story when it comes to how Nordia treats its employees. They hire a huge number for training and by the second week have already started to fire people so that ONLY the favourites get to stay on. When I asked the reason why I was being fired I was told it was a group opinion that determined who goes.By saying this, no one person can be identified as having made a complaint about your work. I pointed out my scores in their tests only to be told they didn't count for much. Obviously, as one trainee was scoring in the low 20%s and is still there. Another speaks with a very strong foreign accent and is difficult to understand in person, let alone on the phone, and that person is still there. The facts that were in my favour, being on time, being attentive and not talking during presentations, answering queries etc. counted for nothing.
Depressing, loud environment geared to overly aggressive sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orillia, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: training in the classroom
Cons: weird shifts, strictly timed lunch/dinner breaks, not enough pay for the stress that you have to endure, unknowledgeable team leaders, deceiptful
I would never recommend a postion with this company as you are not treated fairly or with respect. The company is owned by a very huge corporation, therefore any changes to job positions are not controlled, but are dictated by this huge corporation. You are expected to maintain good customer service, but it is clear that your main objective is to sell the lines of business that the customer does not have regardless of their situation or whether it can be afforded or not. It was made very clear to me that this huge corporation does not care about their customers, but about making as much money as possible. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. Most people look forward to the end of their shift. The staff turnover is incredible. You cannot have a conscience to work on the phones doing what they expect you to do. You have to be a pushy agressive sales person that does not care about the reason why the customer called int the first place.
Professional and Busy
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Satisfaction in helping with technical problems, given opportunity to expand communication skills
Cons: Not given enough resources to satisfy very angry customers
The day typically would begin at a self-chosen computer station, starting up with several passwords and security barriers to pass. Once logged in, the calls would automatically come from BellTV customers and I would be responsible for solving whatever problems the calling consumer would have. Within the parameters of the training given, self-driven reading of volumes of information regarding pricing and equipment, I would tackle billing and technical issues, as well as attempted sales on appropriate calls. While in-call, I was responsible for taking detailed notes in each customer's private profile while doing what I could to help them, so as to track certain trending trouble and keeping certain dates on record. At the end of the day, I would then log out of the system and give my sales records to my personal manager.
I was proud to be a Bell Relay Operator due to providing assistance to deaf,hard of hearing, and persons who could hear but not speak.
Bell Relay Operator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: had reached the 4 week paid vacation status
Cons: wages were frozen for 3 years inclusive the year 2012
Our job position in providing phone call assistance through Bell Relay could be very stressful as you are working with the unknown factor with the public all the time inclusive of handling a link to 911 calls. I learned to deal with the public in a more personal everyday living requirements inclusive of perhaps having more than one disability. My co-workers were some of the best anyone could wish for we were great for providing team support for each other and support in our personal lives with those we became friends with. The hardest part was not to become emotionally involved with clients and the most enjoyable was being thanked by giving good customer service in placing a call.
Run away
S2S (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: team leads, supervisor, unrealistic expectations
The hourly wage may be interesting but after that the wheels fall off. My team lead was on a power trip and extremely lazy turning down questions i had because she was "busy" drinking coffee and talking about her personal life with her buddies.

The floor supervisor for the serve to sell area is just as bad. He couldnt give a flying duck if you succeeded or failed because the door revolves so much in that place it doesnt matter to him.

Expectations on the job is also unrealistic and you will always feel pressure from management rather you sell services or not. Management also likes to threaten your job like your a small child going to stand in the corner for doing wrong.

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Hive atmosphere
Agent (Former Employee), PeterboroughApril 7, 2015
Pros: money is decent for a first job out of highschool, not so good for someone with a background in tech
Cons: tethered to a desk
The work is pretty easy for people familiar with technology.
A typical day will have you correcting phone software configuration problems, helping people set their phones up to access WiFi or e-mail or something equally uninteresting.
The tools are mostly good with a few god awful exceptions that you quickly learn to avoid.
Co-workers are a pretty good bunch.
Management seem to be mostly preoccupied with trying to balance staff retention with hitting their management targets (bonus money).
Hardest part of the job is the drudgery of dealing with upset customers when all you really want to do is meet your performance stats so you get your bonuses.
All I learned from the job is that smart phones seem to make people dumber.
Many Issues
Team Manger (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: very friendly coworkers
Cons: unrealistic expectations
From a management perspective it is great if you want to work more then 40 hours a week to get your work load done and not get paid extra. Never given the proper information in a timely matter, if you are struggling you and and you tell any one in upper management why they state it is just an excuse. The HR department on site is too involved with everyone in management so you do not feel safe going to give an HR complaint. If you are a tenured agent on the phones you have 3 months to show improvement is you are not meeting target or you are out the door. The plus side is the pay and the people that you work with, it is the job itself and the company that needs to be fixed. It is very stressful and quite a few payroll mix ups.
Love the employees but the job isnt for everyone.
Retention Representative (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: 40 hours a week, great coworkers
Cons: high stress workplace
Great work place with garanteed 40 hours a week. The job isnt for everyone though. The retention department of any company is a high stress atmosphere but it is also the most rewarding when you get that customer that truely needs help and you have the ability to fully fix their issue. The job taught me how to keep my cool with irate customers and to think outside the box.
The jobs competitive, face paced and you do have room for advancement if you excel with the goals they set for each people. The employees are from all walks of life and are very fun to be around. You develop life long friendships and theres always something going on for anyone to join in on the weekends. Its a great workplace for the right person.
The Bell canada job
Customer Service Supervisor CFL (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: They tried
Cons: Two Costo pool tables, *(3 cues outof 10 remaining)* a bunch of TV set up through out the building, all have blue screens of No connection (fibe).
Love making descision for people without giving them choices? Enjoy being stuck between a rock and a hard place?
Also enjoy taking calls with no solutions for you customer?

Well The Bell Canada Dept at Nordia is just for you!

(Ex. Customer calls in because missing introductory promotion missing on account. Explain to customer sorry u cant have the promotion now that the account is already created, you no longer qualify for it. Resolution? Cancel everything and start over again. Result, very angry customer,) Thank you have a great day!
The Pro's and Con's of Nordia
sales Virgin mobile (Current Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Consistent schedual and great benefits
Cons: Poor bonus system, rare advancements and little appreciation
I love the hours from 12pm-830pm, every week Sunday off and every payday is a 3 day weekend. The environment feels very restricted and the bonuses are not based off of sales performance which is really discouraging because even though I achieved top sales quite often the people who get the highest quality calls, and very little sales, get more bonuses and this bothers me a lot. I find this very unfair toward people that actually try to sell and do there jobs. Overall the job is not that difficult but very unfair in many ways such as advancement and bonuses. The hours are great but that is it. I would like to do commission and be appreciated on how well I can sell.
Great friends, very stressful
Bell Mobility Customer Care (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great pay/benefits/bonus
Cons: stressful, inconsistent hours
If you have thick skin and do not get stressed out very easily, then this is a great place to work. The people who work there are fantastic, you'll make lots of friends very quickly. If you are good enough to hit your stats then you can definitely bring home lots of $$$!!

Remember it is customer service for mobility. The customers aren't always the nicest people you will deal with. Lots of entitlement and demands that you will not always be able to satisfy. The management for the most part again are really nice people, but a lot of inconsistency with company policies and procedures. If you're a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kinda person then this would probably suit your quite well.
Precision oriented top level customer service o% error
Agent de téléconférence (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great group of people
Cons: high level of pressure
Sitting at a phone and creating electronic orders in French and English. Ascertain the customer is getting the exact product suited for their need. Follow up with other sections.
I Learned how to be efficient and accurate and some computer skills
Considering that this is a syndicated shop, the management can be
quite flexible if needed.
Great group of people.
Large memory content. Hardest for me is the massive amount of procedures to apply
A day of 37.5 hours. They offer activities such as a day visit to a sugar shack, corn shucking BBQ, Yard sale, pyjama day, etc.
Engaging Workplace
Senior Account Specialist (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 29, 2015
Being on the phone with a new customer every few minutes for me is interesting because I am always intrigued and inspired by people. Every day I learn something new about my job which is probably the most fun part of my job. What may be most challenging is being patient while learning and working through the initial stage. The management is supportive and actively listens to what we need for training. The rewards are excellent and all agents have the opportunity for rewards which go above and beyond our pay. There is a great esprit-de-coeur among co-workers and that's also such a benefit.
Fast paced environment which consists of inbound calls.
Bell Mobility Loyalty Agent/Team Support (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntarioMarch 3, 2014
Pros: bonuses and incentives, free meals for thanksgiving and christmas.
Cons: call handle time limits levels of customer service.
I work in a comfortable office environment where I am plugged into a work station receiving incoming calls from Bell customers. There are daily updates, so I am learning constantly. I've enjoyed learning how to adapt to different customer personalities. I am knowledgeable of my job and I am the go to person for my peers and management. The hardest part of the job is attaining the metrics are expected by the client. The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving bonuses and incentives when metrics are achieved. It shows appreciation by the employer.
Employees