Nordia Employee Reviews

Stressful
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2017
I loved the people who I worked with but sadly there is a lot of politics that are incraved in that work place. Not very respectful to their employees.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No respect for employees, Random hours, stressful
Good company to work for. Pay is pretty good. They have a good benefits pkg.
Client Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 March 2017
Early starts most days as you can somewhat manage your schedule.
I've learned a lot of information about mobility devices, internet services and television sevices including home phone services.
Management is always on site and usually accessable.
The workplace culture is very multi cultural as there are many different ethnic persuations all working together in harmony.
The hardest part of the job is to make sales as this job is in the cancellation dept. Sales are expected and are required to maintain employment
The best part of the job is the satisfaction of helping consumers get better service with less cost while satisfying all their communication needs and being thanked repeatedly for being efficient and curtious in a timely manner. When the customer tells you "this is the best conversation I have ever had with a Bell representative" you know you did a good job.
Pros
Most current technology available to consumers
Cons
Significant focus on sales not on customer service
this job is not for the weak.
TV/Billing/Service Assurance, CSR. (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 March 2017
Like any call center, you are tethered to a headset all day, taking inbound calls and dealing with mostly angry people. Very repetitive. Most of your co workers are great, and most of the management is great, but there is always that unspoken threat to meet your targets or you will be let go. Attendance is monitored heavily, and the company does not offer sick days, only the 10 days that the government sets via the labour board, So be prepared to get a doctors note if you are off work for more than a day.
If you are easily offended, or upset easily, this job is not for you. Customers will call you names, and will swear and act childish, so this is where you need to learn to be calm and let it all go. Not worth the money to get stressed out or take what they say personally.
I do not think the pay rate equals the job expectations, especially in some of the departments. This company often changes it business needs, so you can find yourself working in a different department and not by choice. Work/life balance can be tricky until you get some seniority behind you, so be prepared to work any shift, which can take up most of your day. The place is unionized, so that helps a bit, but no guarantee they can save you, if you get let go.
Not a great job, but I have worked in worse call center settings before.
So if you can handle being glued to a desk for 8 hrs, and can handle
all customer types, then you might do ok, there are long time employees here, even agents that have worked there for many years, but most people do not last too long as it is stressful, when it is day after
  more... day.
All I can say is good luck to you.
Pros
Free company BBQ, and Christmas dinner, Bake sales. Incentive programs
Cons
rude customers, company politics, not great pay, not great shift times.
Fun workplace but very poorly managed
Retail Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 March 2017
- Typical day at work was okay as the job is not hard.
- The scheduling team is entirely inflexible. One co-worker was denied his own wedding day off and had to go through a long and arduous process to finally get the day off approved.
- Scheduling is seniority based so don't expect to get better hours unless someone higher up is fired or quits. This means you will probably not get any weekend days off for at least the first year or two.
Pros
Good break schedules.
Cons
Inflexible scheduling. Few opportunities to advance.
Watch your back!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 March 2017
Your job description can change in a heartbeat and you will be walked out if you don't catch on right away.
Management says they will do their part but never do.
learned to be productive and patient
Billing/Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 March 2017
A great experience dealing with customers that arent always happy with the product, it allowed me to learn patience and great customre service.
Fun Environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 February 2017
Great management team and a good environment to work in. Company cared about the employees as well as the customers they served. Had employee appreciation events.
Pros
good pay, good environment
Cons
different shifts most days.
Good atmosphere to work in.
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo , B,16 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Nordia the employees where great to work with. Daily job was coaching and motivating my team and attending meetings.
Management was supportive work place culture was good. hardest part of the job was reaching company goals that weren't realistic. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the success in my team and success of individuals on the team.
Nordia SJ
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 February 2017
Its an ok place to work. The team leaders were not helpful they basically threaten to fire you every time you have a bad day. As long as your making them money you didn't have to worry. They teach you how to lie your way into getting a sale. The hardest part of the job was having to be dishonest to customers in order to keep your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Fun
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2017
Good place to work, lots of opportunity to earn commission. Fun work environment, management is great, always willing to help you improve and become better.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Working until 9pm every day
Enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 February 2017
Was interesting associating with different types of characteristics. Really enjoyed how appreciated I was by the customers for my patients and effort I out into their call.
awesome
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 January 2017
the company encourages work life balance and team work is upheld.
the working time is flexible which helps you plan your life better
Pros
incentives
Cons
nil
Decent for a call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 January 2017
Overall not a terrible place to work. Pay is decent and benefits are good. I wouldn't look to make a career out of it though.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hours, flexibility with shifts
Basically I found this job to be a rather poor experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 January 2017
A typical day at work usually just started with a mandatory 15 minutes ahead of work be on the floor from the management. By the end of the day my stress levels will have sky rocketed from dealing with customers on the phone and management.
Management is horrible at this company, they hide in their offices and when they say "we'll look into it" - provided you can get into their offices at all, they never do anything. Coworkers were about the only thing I looked forward to seeing at work, they were pretty much the only thing I enjoyed about working there. The hardest part would be dealing with attitudes of customers and management, they are stressful even on the best of days.
Pros
Decent benefits and wage
Cons
Long hours, poor management, high stress
Good workplace for a first call center job
Customer service / Technical support (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC31 December 2016
A typical day at work is to punch in on time, take calls for the rest of the 8hours shift.

I have learned how to provide excellent customer service to clients all while meeting and outstanding performance requirements. I have also mainly learned how a call center works. Another lesson was to learn how to make sales.

The management at Nordia was great at teaching their agents to give great customer service to clients and meeting their needs.

My co-workers were pleasant to work with. Very hardworking people that were always respectful and professional.

The hardest part of the job was to know that several departments of Bell Express Vu had moved to India and my department were in transition to work with India's new agents.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that i got to learn a lot on what is great customer service and what techniques could be used to always offer the best customer service.
Pros
1 hour lunches, managers were very approachable and supportive, great learning experiences
Cons
salary, a bit far by bus
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service and Sales for Bell Canada (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 December 2016
A typical day would be taking phone call after phone call from customers with issues as well as sales and service questions.
Amazing place to work!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 December 2016
Awesome place to work, management is great, pay is awesome, coworkers are great, amazing place to work! They have a gym, which is awesome, the parking really sucks tho! Its underground and really sketchy looking other than that, it's the best
Pros
Cons
Parking
Upbeat atmosphere, new games room for agents to relax in, lots of bonus and incentives
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 November 2016
A typical day is spent on the phone helping customers with billing issues. Yes customers do yell at you, but most calm down when they realize I am trying to fix the problem. I am continuously learning through their online courses as well as coaching sessions.
I can't say enough about the managers at the Orillia site, they are always coming up with new ways to make the job site less stressful through contests, acknowledging achievements and positive attitudes.
My co-workers are friendly and willing to help if I have a problem.
The hardest part of my job is trying to remember which program does what, especially for those rare one offs.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having a customer thank me for taking the time to listen and for finding a solution.
Pros
Pay and bonuses, contests, lots of training
Cons
Programs fail during a call which forces you to go the backup program
not the best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 November 2016
If you can stay sane the money isn't bad except in my opinion the environment is toxic except for a few managers who made it bearable. Not much room for advancement.
Workplace- steady hours and medical benefits
Full time Loyalty Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 October 2016
Steady hours (40 hours a week)
Opportunity for overtime
Agents well compensated with opportunities to participate in incentives
Good Medical Benefits
Pros
Great coworkers willing to assist each other, team environment, steady hours each week, excellent medical benefits coverage
Cons
Little room for advancement once I reached Trainer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9