Nordia Employee Reviews in Canada

Really tough job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 8, 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. The training we got was really great. What made it tough was management. They were mostly really young people who dated the people they supervised. If a manager didn't like you good luck getting then to take an escalated call. I saw people in the lunch room making out! Oh and lunches got stolen all the time!
Pros
Unionized, benefits, contests
Cons
Low wages, inexperienced managers
Good Summer Job
Directory Assistance Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 2, 2016
Odd hours and the job was easy.

work schedule flexible. training was good.

job coaching was provided and it was helpful.

good student job.
Lots of different experiences
Formatrice en Bell télé (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 19, 2016
This company definitely opened up some doors. I was able to do a bit of traveling and develop new skills. Met a lot of nice people.
High energy atmosphere with results based training and pay-structure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 7, 2016
This was a computer and phone intensive job, handling a wide array of Bell customers with varying needs. I had success their and enjoyed working with the team.
Awesome place to work
Client Solutions, Loyalty & Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 7, 2016
Awesome place to work. Great benefits, great pay. Long shifts with mandatory OT and shifts not the same for a week at a time....constantly changing.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Mandatory over time, late shifts
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 5, 2016
I learnt to multi task, got a long great with co-workers as I'm a very sociable person. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help customers the way that I wanted to help them without transferring them over to another department .
Fun place to work if you have a great attitude yourself.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 4, 2016
Awesome place to work. Customers are confused and frustrated and your job is to correct that. There are no bad customers.
Nice place to work, and a very productive sales floor.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 3, 2016
Great place to work. Nordia is a newer company and is constantly growing with lots of room to move up within the company. Great experience doing outbound sales for them,
Great people to work with
Fraud Preventions Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 20, 2016
Co-workers are great they make it easy to come to work daily, shifts are not really flexible and weekends are mandatory. great job for students somene who enjoys interacting with customer to provide great customer service.
its a call center
A member of the team (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 10, 2016
This place was not for me. Benefits were great. co workers were great. Management is ok. not a place I would work if you have anxiety as the calls can be brutal.
Pros
Cons
rotten shifts
Fast Paced clean environment
Costumer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QCJune 6, 2016
Typical work day: Taking several calls from Clients and dealing with their respective issues, Management tries really hard to keep employees decently happy, rapid turn over because of call centre work environment.
Hardest part of the Job was the stressful environment.
Most enjoyable part of the job, the bonuses from having decent to good stats
Pros
possibility of bonuses
Cons
very stressful environment
Call service agent at Bell Prepaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 31, 2016
• Understand customer needs for products and services

• Provide all necessary explanations to the client until they are completely satisfied

• Offer the customer products and services that match their needs; have helped with technical Issues,

• Treat each call received with confidentially, courteously and efficiency;
Pros
available overtime
Customer Service Representitive- Retention department
loyalty representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 27, 2016
Very impressive hourly wage.
Supportive Team Leaders
Negative work environment, never a room full of smiling faces.
Good shift availability
Worst place to work.
S2S (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 11, 2016
When I initially started; I was not told I would be expected to consistently bring in sales. I was put under the impression it was a customer service type of deal. Boy was I wrong. Customer service? Nordia couldn't care less about it. You could be great in that aspect... and poor in sales and all team leads will focus on is that your sales target has not been met, never mind the fact you've saved most customers from cancelling or changed their perspective on bells customer care as most tenured agents don't speak eenglish or don't care about the initial problem.. You could do everything right but if you are short on sales (and they even can even decide you were short .3 of your target somehow) it effects the bonus they bribe you with in the first place. And don't even bother asking for help if your struggling with the fact they expect a sale out of each call... they'll laugh in your face unless your in Q4 (like a F in school) and even then... the push back and lack of knowledge from management is ridiculous. And chances to advance? Not unless you sleep with team leads or the site director. Its If your good at manipulating poor innocent people looking to reduce costs or fix a billing issue into buying a new service... this will be right up your alley way. If you have a conscience or a desire to be happy. Turn and run. There's more out there.
Pros
Co workers hate it all equally- easy to relate too and vent with
Cons
Everything.
Good and bad
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 11, 2016
Decent work place. The focus is on employee's and their needs. What is lacking is willingness to work with anyone who salaried to overcome their individual barriers
Pros
great agent wages, safe
Cons
often focus on the negative, quick to judge
enjoyed my work very much
Bell Aliant Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 7, 2016
enjoyed working there very much. staff great to get along with and easy to approach if needed. If anyone interested in working there please apply you will not go wrong.
Fun work place terrible management
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 6, 2016
It was a very fun and engaging job but the management were dealing with over 100 staff members and everyone there witnessed favoritism among staff and peers.
Many were promised things they were not getting, many were unable to handle the stress of the job due to constantly being degrated by certain team managers.
I had my own team manager ask me if I was able to get them drugs over facebook. Just not a professional work place.

I would work for Bell anytime, but I will never work for Nordia again.
Long and draining work place
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMay 5, 2016
no work/ life balance you are unable to book time off for doctors appointments or just a personal day off you must either call in sick or try to trade with a co worker which is hard to do when everyone has a life outside of work.
Turn over rate is high as it is a call center job
Pros
Cons
Unable to have a personal life
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 4, 2016
Worked here for a little over 4 years. In my opinion, the workplace was enjoyable in the beginning but quickly became unbarable. Handling one service (bell tv) quickly became three (bell tv, home phone, and internet) for the same amount of pay. I have friends who work in mobility and they have the same complaints.

Horrible workplace politics. Anyone who receives a promotion has to suck up to management to do so, or you have to be a smoker. If you are quiet, keep your head down and do your job properly, you aren't recognized or appreciated. Instead they push you harder and you receive more work.

When a job posting goes up for a promotion, management already has a certain individual in mind, but needs to follow proper protocol. So if management hadn't approached you beforehand, and you apply for the promotion, you likely won't receive it.

Work morale is low, and the turnover rate is high. You are constantly being yelled at from customers. Management treats you like gradeschoolers. Most agents end up going on stress leave or just quitting altogether. Everyday you leave work feeling depleted.

There's no availability between calls, they come in back to back, so you don't socialise with any of your colleagues unless your scheduled breaks/lunch coincide.

When dealing with an extremely difficult call and a client asks to speak with a supervisor, the manager will try to avoid taking that escalation at all cost. They will send you back to the customer to try and negotiate a solution (many times) and if they do end up taking the call, they will give the customer whatever
  more... they want to avoid any type of confrontation.

There is little to no support on the floor. Managers have little knowledge of the services because it's ever changing and they don't take calls. They are there to basically coach and discipline. You get coached for every little thing, there's no breathing room.

Monthly targets are always changing and set so high it's almost unattainable. Your incentive is also based on customer surveys, therefore even if you do your job perfectly, but the customer is upset they had to call in the first place or dislikes the company, you will fail that survey.

They expect you to come to work even if you're sick. You could be losing your voice, and they still expect you to take calls. You are not paid for taking a sick day, and even if you bring in a doctor's note, they will still discipline you.

Every year there is an employee satisfaction survey which goes out, but even if most of the employees are unhappy and makes suggestions on how to improve workplace morale, nothing happens. The surveys are essentially useless. In the end, upper management feels that you are blessed to have a job, and if you don't like it, you're free to leave. They don't know how to effectively communicate with their employees, everything needs to go through the union reps.

What I learned from working here, is how much I appreciate all my past jobs, and absolutely love my current job. All jobs can be stressful at times, but the people you work with (colleagues and management) can make it worthwhile. Leaving Nordia was the best decision I ever made!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Awsome Work enviroment
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
Its overall a tremendous work enviroment , with lots of great people. Very professional and above all a fun place to be. However as there are many changes coming it wont be in my favor to continue employment they are decreasing commissions by 50 percent . Its the type of job that if your not making a ton of commission the stress isnt worth it.
Pros
No labour
Cons
Very stressful

2.9