NORDIA

NORDIA Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly Workspace
Residential Loyalty Representative (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 25, 2015
I found it very dynamic and inspiring workplace. My improved my computer and multitasking skills through the environment of this job.
Not for everyone. No 'thinking outside the box' allowed.
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), Orillia, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good work stations and equipment. New chairs last fall.
Cons: Difficult to know what to expect, as you don't get consistent information.
Too many politics and 'Compliance' rules. Rules are subject to human judgement, and not all Team Leads can agree on what is compliant and what isn't. Different answers depending on who you talk to, and different standards, depending on who you are. Very inconsistent messages from middle management.
Hive atmosphere
Agent (Former Employee), PeterboroughApril 7, 2015
Pros: money is decent for a first job out of highschool, not so good for someone with a background in tech
Cons: tethered to a desk
The work is pretty easy for people familiar with technology.
A typical day will have you correcting phone software configuration problems, helping people set their phones up to access WiFi or e-mail or something equally uninteresting.
The tools are mostly good with a few god awful exceptions that you quickly learn to avoid.
Co-workers are a pretty good bunch.
Management seem to be mostly preoccupied with trying to balance staff retention with hitting their management targets (bonus money).
Hardest part of the job is the drudgery of dealing with upset customers when all you really want to do is meet your performance stats so you get your bonuses.
All I learned from the job is that smart phones seem to make people dumber.
employers were not right
call center (Former Employee), MonctonApril 4, 2015
The work itself was good, but payroll messed up too many times. I began to feel they were doing on purpose. I did not enjoy work anymore feeling this way.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 1, 2015
A typical work day would be, assisting customers with their cell phone issues. I learned a great deal about asking questions, and probing, never assuming anything. Management was great, as were my coworkers, Hardest part of the job is when the solution was not easily found. The most enjoyable part is when a customer is completely satisfied with what I could do for them.
Engaging Workplace
Senior Account Specialist (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 29, 2015
Being on the phone with a new customer every few minutes for me is interesting because I am always intrigued and inspired by people. Every day I learn something new about my job which is probably the most fun part of my job. What may be most challenging is being patient while learning and working through the initial stage. The management is supportive and actively listens to what we need for training. The rewards are excellent and all agents have the opportunity for rewards which go above and beyond our pay. There is a great esprit-de-coeur among co-workers and that's also such a benefit.
It was ok
Technical Support Division (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 22, 2015
The job was just not something I would personally like to continue, very stressful and the staffing was horrible. Call center jobs are definitely not for everyone!
Many Issues
Team Manger (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: very friendly coworkers
Cons: unrealistic expectations
From a management perspective it is great if you want to work more then 40 hours a week to get your work load done and not get paid extra. Never given the proper information in a timely matter, if you are struggling you and and you tell any one in upper management why they state it is just an excuse. The HR department on site is too involved with everyone in management so you do not feel safe going to give an HR complaint. If you are a tenured agent on the phones you have 3 months to show improvement is you are not meeting target or you are out the door. The plus side is the pay and the people that you work with, it is the job itself and the company that needs to be fixed. It is very stressful and quite a few payroll mix ups.
Fun work place with commission
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: people you work with are great
Cons: shifts are all over the place
Norida is great to work for. They really care about customer service but also provide their employees with commission if we make a sale.
A great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, QCJanuary 30, 2015
I did alot of growing up with Nordia since i was there for 6 years. I learned a lot of different skills and met a lot of great people and got a clear idea of what i wanted to do in the future.
fun
Customer Solutions Representative (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: bonues for making stats
Cons: strict sick/absentee policy
I love working here, could not ask for more positive colleagues.
Decent money, terrible treatment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits and discounts
Cons: poor management and instruction
Answering phone calls and dealing with customers concerns while trying to make sales on every single call. Learned how to manipulate others into buying services they did not need. Management was poor and unreliable. Co-workers were often able to better assist then any of the support staff. Hardest part of the job was being verbally abused every day by customers. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers by far.
Great friends, very stressful
Bell Mobility Customer Care (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great pay/benefits/bonus
Cons: stressful, inconsistent hours
If you have thick skin and do not get stressed out very easily, then this is a great place to work. The people who work there are fantastic, you'll make lots of friends very quickly. If you are good enough to hit your stats then you can definitely bring home lots of $$$!!

Remember it is customer service for mobility. The customers aren't always the nicest people you will deal with. Lots of entitlement and demands that you will not always be able to satisfy. The management for the most part again are really nice people, but a lot of inconsistency with company policies and procedures. If you're a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kinda person then this would probably suit your quite well.
Love the employees but the job isnt for everyone.
Retention Representative (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: 40 hours a week, great coworkers
Cons: high stress workplace
Great work place with garanteed 40 hours a week. The job isnt for everyone though. The retention department of any company is a high stress atmosphere but it is also the most rewarding when you get that customer that truely needs help and you have the ability to fully fix their issue. The job taught me how to keep my cool with irate customers and to think outside the box.
The jobs competitive, face paced and you do have room for advancement if you excel with the goals they set for each people. The employees are from all walks of life and are very fun to be around. You develop life long friendships and theres always something going on for anyone to join in on the weekends. Its a great workplace for the right person.
nice
Bell Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 14, 2014
nice lunch room
continence
free locker
fast pace working environment
Great co-works , great incentives
retention agent (Former Employee), Orillia, ONDecember 2, 2014
Pros: management could be more pro-active
Cons: great pay, great hrs, great benefits
worked at saving customers, learned that you can keep a customer even if they want to leave and go with another service provider. management was not very helpful, would not find out info and would not reply to emails. co-workers were great, they made the job worth working.
Chalenging work that keeps evolving.
Chef d'Équipe (Current Employee), Rouyn-NorandaNovember 25, 2014
Pros: close contact with co-workers
Cons: long hours and staying flexible but respecting deadlines
Review of any schedule modifications for agents' schedules.
Be aware of your team's results and pinpoint what is going well and what are the trouble areas.
Always being available to agents.
Learning new ways of working with the demands of the company.
Adapting to new staff members as the company is still growing.
Staying updated to any changes in work procedures and all new information on services and products
Precision oriented top level customer service o% error
Agent de téléconférence (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great group of people
Cons: high level of pressure
Sitting at a phone and creating electronic orders in French and English. Ascertain the customer is getting the exact product suited for their need. Follow up with other sections.
I Learned how to be efficient and accurate and some computer skills
Considering that this is a syndicated shop, the management can be
quite flexible if needed.
Great group of people.
Large memory content. Hardest for me is the massive amount of procedures to apply
A day of 37.5 hours. They offer activities such as a day visit to a sugar shack, corn shucking BBQ, Yard sale, pyjama day, etc.
High tuner over
technical support (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 9, 2014
It is a good place if you like helping people and talking on the phone
Nodia
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), KitchenerNovember 9, 2014
i loved working here and dealing with daily problems, makes me want to get back into call center work and help others sort out problems when they cant figure it out them self

1 2 3