Nordia Employee Reviews in Canada

Really tough job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 8, 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. The training we got was really great. What made it tough was management. They were mostly really young people who dated the people they supervised. If a manager didn't like you good luck getting then to take an escalated call. I saw people in the lunch room making out! Oh and lunches got stolen all the time!
Pros
Unionized, benefits, contests
Cons
Low wages, inexperienced managers
Fast Paced clean environment
Costumer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QCJune 6, 2016
Typical work day: Taking several calls from Clients and dealing with their respective issues, Management tries really hard to keep employees decently happy, rapid turn over because of call centre work environment.
Hardest part of the Job was the stressful environment.
Most enjoyable part of the job, the bonuses from having decent to good stats
Pros
possibility of bonuses
Cons
very stressful environment
Call service agent at Bell Prepaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 31, 2016
• Understand customer needs for products and services

• Provide all necessary explanations to the client until they are completely satisfied

• Offer the customer products and services that match their needs; have helped with technical Issues,

• Treat each call received with confidentially, courteously and efficiency;
Pros
available overtime
Fun work place terrible management
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 6, 2016
It was a very fun and engaging job but the management were dealing with over 100 staff members and everyone there witnessed favoritism among staff and peers.
Many were promised things they were not getting, many were unable to handle the stress of the job due to constantly being degrated by certain team managers.
I had my own team manager ask me if I was able to get them drugs over facebook. Just not a professional work place.

I would work for Bell anytime, but I will never work for Nordia again.
My perspective of this job
Retention agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 14, 2016
It was a place where there is continuous learning and training. That make your job more pleasant since you are able to help customers in all their concerns, keeping always company policies and business requirements.
There is almost no contact with others co-workers. This is a very individual job. Occasionally there are meetings with your manager and members of his team, but most of the time you are taking care of customers.

I enjoyed my job because I have found that I am a very cooperative and altruistic person, always ready to inform, help, and contribute. I have helped refugees and other people in need.
Pros
Continuous training
Cons
better wages
Awsome Work enviroment
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
Its overall a tremendous work enviroment , with lots of great people. Very professional and above all a fun place to be. However as there are many changes coming it wont be in my favor to continue employment they are decreasing commissions by 50 percent . Its the type of job that if your not making a ton of commission the stress isnt worth it.
Pros
No labour
Cons
Very stressful
Long and draining work place
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMay 5, 2016
no work/ life balance you are unable to book time off for doctors appointments or just a personal day off you must either call in sick or try to trade with a co worker which is hard to do when everyone has a life outside of work.
Turn over rate is high as it is a call center job
Pros
Cons
Unable to have a personal life
Fun workplace with supportive coworkers and friends made.
Call Centre Agent, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 16, 2016
I worked at Nordia for a year and made many friends. Fellow coworkers are supportive and work together to solve problems. Management was okay, but could have been more supportive of employees. Most clients were great, but dealing with difficult irate customers on the phone can be exhausting.
Pros
Fun workplace, great people, site is right downtown
Cons
irregular hours, not a lot of support from management
Great place to earn more than minumum wage, and have benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONApril 7, 2016
The job is to answer customer inquiries mainly on the pricing of their services, eg why has the price increased. Explain and try to resolve the customers request. Then if they are missing a service eg. has internet and television, pitch home phone for a "triple" service to offer bundle discounts. If a new customer calls in, pitch all three home services.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying a customer, and being able to provide them with a solution to their concern.
The hardest part of the job is angry customers when you cannot satisfy their concern.
It is a very independent job, there is not much socializing with co-workers.
If you struggle in your calls management is there to assist you in where you need improvement, but sometimes it is not in a timely manner.
If you dont want to feel like your going to jail run!
Serve to sell (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 8, 2016
The pay is ok... but they are HARD on sales. They tell you the not but your expected to attempt a sale on ever call! You can take on average 30-40 calls a day and you need to have 5% sales at the end of the month with all your calls. So that's 700 calls in a month 5% is 35. 35 sales per month. Good luck!
Try selling internet to an 80 with no computer. They will push you to try not once but 3 times.
The floor support sit and chat to each other and drink coffee all day.
Pros
Training was done ok.
Cons
Management; help desk; organization; floor support
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 5, 2016
I learnt to multi task, got a long great with co-workers as I'm a very sociable person. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help customers the way that I wanted to help them without transferring them over to another department .
Wonderful Team Environment
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 12, 2016
I enjoy being employed at Nordia and having daily opportunities to learn new skills and expand my experience and knowledge in many different fields.
My co-workers are very supportive and I feel very comfortable in this very busy environment despite only being employed there since January 2016.
I excel at identifying projects needing immediate attention to ensure the success of our HR team, as well as developing a good rapport with our agents and team managers to keep a good communicative style. I feel this is imperative in a large call centre such as Nordia.
My challenges have been numerous such as endeavouring to improve my fluency in french to better support my position by enrolling in an intensive language program.
Pros
Excellent Co-workers
Cons
Stressful environment
Great people to work with
Fraud Preventions Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 20, 2016
Co-workers are great they make it easy to come to work daily, shifts are not really flexible and weekends are mandatory. great job for students somene who enjoys interacting with customer to provide great customer service.
High energy atmosphere with results based training and pay-structure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 7, 2016
This was a computer and phone intensive job, handling a wide array of Bell customers with varying needs. I had success their and enjoyed working with the team.
Awesome place to work
Client Solutions, Loyalty & Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJuly 7, 2016
Awesome place to work. Great benefits, great pay. Long shifts with mandatory OT and shifts not the same for a week at a time....constantly changing.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Mandatory over time, late shifts
The Bell canada job
Customer Service Supervisor CFL (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 8, 2016
Love making descision for people without giving them choices? Enjoy being stuck between a rock and a hard place?
Also enjoy taking calls with no solutions for you customer?

Well The Bell Canada Dept at Nordia is just for you!

(Ex. Customer calls in because missing introductory promotion missing on account. Explain to customer sorry u cant have the promotion now that the account is already created, you no longer qualify for it. Resolution? Cancel everything and start over again. Result, very angry customer,) Thank you have a great day!
Pros
They tried
Cons
Two Costo pool tables, *(3 cues outof 10 remaining)* a bunch of TV set up through out the building, all have blue screens of No connection (fibe).
Needs improvement with workers
Service Assurance Team (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 25, 2016
I worked for Nordia for approximately 2.5 years. I would usually get into work 10 minutes early to log in as the systems would constantly have problems with passwords not being accepted for programs not working at all. I've learned to be an expert in problem solving as well as most billing inquiries. I have learned how to handle an irate customer as well as get the best reactions from my everyday customers. My co workers were mostly friendly, I would wish if Nordia made more of an expectation to keep personal and work life separate. The hardest part of the job was the lack of management support as I spent more time at Nordia the less support was given. I most enjoyed improving my customer service skills as well as some of the people I have met at Nordia.
benefits
Cons
bad scheduling, poor management, no work/life balance
Awful Place!!
Customer Service Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 2, 2016
They coach you about every little thing you do or don't do. What they don't understand is that in order to have a good sales agent the AGENT must be encouraged and treated fairly. They do not care what you are going through, they only care about how much they get paid from your sales. "More money for you, more money for me."
Pros
Good pay for this area, and that's not saying much.
Cons
Mentally stressful, loss of sleep, anxiety, feeling bad about yourself...
Good and bad
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 11, 2016
Decent work place. The focus is on employee's and their needs. What is lacking is willingness to work with anyone who salaried to overcome their individual barriers
Pros
great agent wages, safe
Cons
often focus on the negative, quick to judge
Nice place to work, and a very productive sales floor.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 3, 2016
Great place to work. Nordia is a newer company and is constantly growing with lots of room to move up within the company. Great experience doing outbound sales for them,

2.9