Nordia

Nordia Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awful Place!!
Customer Service Sales Agent (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Good pay for this area, and that's not saying much.
Cons: Mentally stressful, loss of sleep, anxiety, feeling bad about yourself...
They coach you about every little thing you do or don't do. What they don't understand is that in order to have a good sales agent the AGENT must be encouraged and treated fairly. They do not care what you are going through, they only care about how much they get paid from your sales. "More money for you, more money for me."
Run away
S2S (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: team leads, supervisor, unrealistic expectations
The hourly wage may be interesting but after that the wheels fall off. My team lead was on a power trip and extremely lazy turning down questions i had because she was "busy" drinking coffee and talking about her personal life with her buddies.

The floor supervisor for the serve to sell area is just as bad. He couldnt give a flying duck if you succeeded or failed because the door revolves so much in that place it doesnt matter to him.

Expectations on the job is also unrealistic and you will always feel pressure from management rather you sell services or not. Management also likes to threaten your job like your a small child going to stand in the corner for doing wrong.

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Productive and a great place to work
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Nordia is a great place to work, great people to work with. Very informative training and support. Management is great there.
Bad Office Politics
Bell Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: wait time between calls
Cons: you work in a call centre
The job in itself was actually enjoyable most of the time. Problem solving with a little free time between calls. The office politics is extremely unprofessional.
Decent place to work
customer service representative (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 8, 2016
Good pay, excellent benefits and bonuses, supervisors are amazing. Work environment is positive and fun. Hard to maintain a work/life balance due to weird hours.
Professional and Busy
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Satisfaction in helping with technical problems, given opportunity to expand communication skills
Cons: Not given enough resources to satisfy very angry customers
The day typically would begin at a self-chosen computer station, starting up with several passwords and security barriers to pass. Once logged in, the calls would automatically come from BellTV customers and I would be responsible for solving whatever problems the calling consumer would have. Within the parameters of the training given, self-driven reading of volumes of information regarding pricing and equipment, I would tackle billing and technical issues, as well as attempted sales on appropriate calls. While in-call, I was responsible for taking detailed notes in each customer's private profile while doing what I could to help them, so as to track certain trending trouble and keeping certain dates on record. At the end of the day, I would then log out of the system and give my sales records to my personal manager.
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 20, 2015
Pros: great incentives
Cons: low pay
Fun work place with supportive management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the morale of all the people that work their and working with some great colleagues.
Egocentric management
Responsable TI et Bâtiment (Former Employee), Jonquiere, QCNovember 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: see review
Worked overtime that was never payed.
Was fired for "not being respectfull enough" to director who apparently expected people to literally bow before him, but who would not provide the material required to complete the work.
customer service
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 11, 2015
Work enviroment was not conducive for productivity.
Working with clients was great and enjoyable.
Work load was fine and place was enjoyable.
Some on the management team was unfair, bias, caused undue stress and anxiety.
Amazing operations team great place to be!
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 11, 2015
Amazing place to work, great pay management is super accommodating. They really care about their staff. I would recommend this job to anyone. The operations team goes above and beyond for employees. A++++
Fun place to work
customer service (Current Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 5, 2015
Place to share and learn. Meet new people, gain work experience. The hardest part of job is to deal with angry customers.
Good place to work, easy job
Field Support Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Managers, Coworkers
Cons: Weird work hours
The job itself is pretty easy, and that reflects in your pay. The managers in the door to door department are great. I feel like advancement through this department is unlikely, you would just transfer to another department that makes more money.
Okay Workplace
Outbound Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 18, 2015
It was an okay workplace, nice community of co workers but the supervisors need to a little more in line. Long hours doing the one job no one really wants to do
great place to work at, great atmosphere. management is a bit disorganized
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 17, 2015
Great employer to work for. trainer's and staff in general re very friendly and capable. atmosphere is great, somewhere that makes you comfortable to work. bit disorganized in the management department.
Organised and Tolerant Call Center
Spécialiste en Rétention (Agent de Solution) (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Well organised, No Surprise, Kind Personnel, Internal Work Offers
Cons: Quick Roll Over, Routine Work
NORDIA is ahead of the call center dynamics with its simplistic management and organised centers. The place offers a good work environment and puts efforts in training their agents. I would recommend Nordia to my friends and colleges.
exciting job love to help others
customer service (Former Employee), retention inboundOctober 7, 2015
i loved my job it started with sitel then nordia took over i really loved the job and the people i worked with. i stayed with company over 3 years but certain things came up and i had to look around for other options that interested me more :)
A tyical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orillia, ONSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed coming into this work environment and dealing with customers billing and service needs, as well sale product to new and existing customers, agents received a lot of support from a levels of staff.
fully renovated, top technology, games room, free gym with full service cafeteria.
HYPE Site Prime - Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 20, 2015
Great place to work, supportive management, various lines of business. Jobs with different skill sets which allows for personal growth and skill development.
Alright jobs, lots of skills that wouldn't have been learned otherwise, built some great relationships. Problem was the asinine management.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: awesome coworkers, tons of incentives/bonuses, great hourly wage
Cons: inconsistent management, poor communication within management, very difficult to advance.
A typical day at work with Nordia NANAIMO consists of lots of customers calling to yell at you for problems caused by another agent. This is something I learned to handle very well throughout my employment. I had previously been in a supervisory role, however, the skills I learned over the phones (empathy, managing customer needs, closing sales, showing loyalty), I am very grateful for.

There are a lot of policies and procedures to follow, and this can come across as very overwhelming at first, but just like everything else, it gets easier. The management if really hit and miss; it depends on the situation. The managers within the building are all very positive, helpful and supportive, however, the business overall is run quite poorly.

Co-workers at Nordia NANAIMO are hands down the best part. The people are what get you through your job everyday. There is a lot of joking around the occurs, which makes such a negative environment slightly more positive. The hardest part of the job aside from people constantly yelling and you, belittling you and screaming it's your fault they are having technical problems, it's definitely the pressure you get put under if you are not performing as well as you once did. The best part of the job if the great hourly pay and bonus structure, as well as scheduling if based on performance rather than tenure.

I believe it to be a good job for learning a lot of really important life skills, however, I also feel it is a job where a lot of people become the worst versions of themselves.

If you can't maintain you emotions, have high anxiety, – more... or if you take insults personally, this if not a job for you. If you are looking for a challenge to help you better you customer service and sales skills; this is a job for you to try. – less
The Pro's and Con's of Nordia
sales Virgin mobile (Current Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Consistent schedual and great benefits
Cons: Poor bonus system, rare advancements and little appreciation
I love the hours from 12pm-830pm, every week Sunday off and every payday is a 3 day weekend. The environment feels very restricted and the bonuses are not based off of sales performance which is really discouraging because even though I achieved top sales quite often the people who get the highest quality calls, and very little sales, get more bonuses and this bothers me a lot. I find this very unfair toward people that actually try to sell and do there jobs. Overall the job is not that difficult but very unfair in many ways such as advancement and bonuses. The hours are great but that is it. I would like to do commission and be appreciated on how well I can sell.
Employees