Nordia Employee Reviews

Workplace- steady hours and medical benefits
Full time Loyalty Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 October 2016
Steady hours (40 hours a week)
Opportunity for overtime
Agents well compensated with opportunities to participate in incentives
Good Medical Benefits
Pros
Great coworkers willing to assist each other, team environment, steady hours each week, excellent medical benefits coverage
Cons
Little room for advancement once I reached Trainer
Needs improvement with workers
Service Assurance Team (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2016
I worked for Nordia for approximately 2.5 years. I would usually get into work 10 minutes early to log in as the systems would constantly have problems with passwords not being accepted for programs not working at all. I've learned to be an expert in problem solving as well as most billing inquiries. I have learned how to handle an irate customer as well as get the best reactions from my everyday customers. My co workers were mostly friendly, I would wish if Nordia made more of an expectation to keep personal and work life separate. The hardest part of the job was the lack of management support as I spent more time at Nordia the less support was given. I most enjoyed improving my customer service skills as well as some of the people I have met at Nordia.
benefits
Cons
bad scheduling, poor management, no work/life balance
Really tough job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 August 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. The training we got was really great. What made it tough was management. They were mostly really young people who dated the people they supervised. If a manager didn't like you good luck getting then to take an escalated call. I saw people in the lunch room making out! Oh and lunches got stolen all the time!
Pros
Unionized, benefits, contests
Cons
Low wages, inexperienced managers
Unless being screamed at via telephone is a career passion, stay away!
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 March 2016
Nordia is OK, I have been there a while now. The company in itself offers 40 hour weeks, benefits, the whole shebang you could want. The only issue is, being a representative to the company that Nordia is contracted by and not having any sort of faith or appreciation in what you're selling/solving.

You tend to screw a lot of people out of their money, you are supposed to "increase their revenue" or make it stay the same on their account, not decrease it. Even if they've been with the service provider for 5+ years. We work in a "LOYALTY" department, and we have nothing competitive to offer to the customers. It's kind of BS.

Management was great, supportive and had a good understanding. I found specific managers had a bit of difficulty following the rules they themselves enforced (or got an e-mail about it that day).

The salary is fine...but they make it seem like you'll hit bonus every month, which I never had an issue with making bonus, although you need to have perfect attendance and stats to make the queues each month.

I don't associate much with my co-workers, mostly because of the scheduling and breaks, so if you like being a lone wolf, consider that a good job for you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefit to your life
Awful hours, not fun work place, noone cares about others
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 October 2016
Honestly not worth the money, or your sanity. Props to anyone who has the patience to put up with the bull that the supervisors, company etc put everyone through. You go in unhappy and drained and leave miserable and drained. Glad I got out of there when I did.pay was ok, benefits were nice but still not worth my time.
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2016
Typical day at work was really good.
I have learn that you cannot take anything for granted.
Management and the union is not for any of my co-workers
my co-workers were all great
the hardest part of my job was that the company kept changing on what to say on the phone to the customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to speak different people.
its a call center
A member of the team (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 June 2016
This place was not for me. Benefits were great. co workers were great. Management is ok. not a place I would work if you have anxiety as the calls can be brutal.
Pros
Cons
rotten shifts
Upbeat atmosphere, new games room for agents to relax in, lots of bonus and incentives
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 November 2016
A typical day is spent on the phone helping customers with billing issues. Yes customers do yell at you, but most calm down when they realize I am trying to fix the problem. I am continuously learning through their online courses as well as coaching sessions.
I can't say enough about the managers at the Orillia site, they are always coming up with new ways to make the job site less stressful through contests, acknowledging achievements and positive attitudes.
My co-workers are friendly and willing to help if I have a problem.
The hardest part of my job is trying to remember which program does what, especially for those rare one offs.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having a customer thank me for taking the time to listen and for finding a solution.
Pros
Pay and bonuses, contests, lots of training
Cons
Programs fail during a call which forces you to go the backup program
not the best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 November 2016
If you can stay sane the money isn't bad except in my opinion the environment is toxic except for a few managers who made it bearable. Not much room for advancement.
Great place to earn more than minumum wage, and have benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 April 2016
The job is to answer customer inquiries mainly on the pricing of their services, eg why has the price increased. Explain and try to resolve the customers request. Then if they are missing a service eg. has internet and television, pitch home phone for a "triple" service to offer bundle discounts. If a new customer calls in, pitch all three home services.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying a customer, and being able to provide them with a solution to their concern.
The hardest part of the job is angry customers when you cannot satisfy their concern.
It is a very independent job, there is not much socializing with co-workers.
If you struggle in your calls management is there to assist you in where you need improvement, but sometimes it is not in a timely manner.
For a call centre it is an okay work environment
Technical Support Specialty (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 October 2016
Working with Nordia is okay for a call centre. High stress but excellent health benefits. The calls are the stressful you get a lot of customers complaining to you.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
High stress
Fun work place terrible management
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 May 2016
It was a very fun and engaging job but the management were dealing with over 100 staff members and everyone there witnessed favoritism among staff and peers.
Many were promised things they were not getting, many were unable to handle the stress of the job due to constantly being degrated by certain team managers.
I had my own team manager ask me if I was able to get them drugs over facebook. Just not a professional work place.

I would work for Bell anytime, but I will never work for Nordia again.
Fast Paced clean environment
Costumer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QC6 June 2016
Typical work day: Taking several calls from Clients and dealing with their respective issues, Management tries really hard to keep employees decently happy, rapid turn over because of call centre work environment.
Hardest part of the Job was the stressful environment.
Most enjoyable part of the job, the bonuses from having decent to good stats
Pros
possibility of bonuses
Cons
very stressful environment
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 May 2016
Worked here for a little over 4 years. In my opinion, the workplace was enjoyable in the beginning but quickly became unbarable. Handling one service (bell tv) quickly became three (bell tv, home phone, and internet) for the same amount of pay. I have friends who work in mobility and they have the same complaints.

Horrible workplace politics. Anyone who receives a promotion has to suck up to management to do so, or you have to be a smoker. If you are quiet, keep your head down and do your job properly, you aren't recognized or appreciated. Instead they push you harder and you receive more work.

When a job posting goes up for a promotion, management already has a certain individual in mind, but needs to follow proper protocol. So if management hadn't approached you beforehand, and you apply for the promotion, you likely won't receive it.

Work morale is low, and the turnover rate is high. You are constantly being yelled at from customers. Management treats you like gradeschoolers. Most agents end up going on stress leave or just quitting altogether. Everyday you leave work feeling depleted.

There's no availability between calls, they come in back to back, so you don't socialise with any of your colleagues unless your scheduled breaks/lunch coincide.

When dealing with an extremely difficult call and a client asks to speak with a supervisor, the manager will try to avoid taking that escalation at all cost. They will send you back to the customer to try and negotiate a solution (many times) and if they do end up taking the call, they will give the customer whatever
  more... they want to avoid any type of confrontation.

There is little to no support on the floor. Managers have little knowledge of the services because it's ever changing and they don't take calls. They are there to basically coach and discipline. You get coached for every little thing, there's no breathing room.

Monthly targets are always changing and set so high it's almost unattainable. Your incentive is also based on customer surveys, therefore even if you do your job perfectly, but the customer is upset they had to call in the first place or dislikes the company, you will fail that survey.

They expect you to come to work even if you're sick. You could be losing your voice, and they still expect you to take calls. You are not paid for taking a sick day, and even if you bring in a doctor's note, they will still discipline you.

Every year there is an employee satisfaction survey which goes out, but even if most of the employees are unhappy and makes suggestions on how to improve workplace morale, nothing happens. The surveys are essentially useless. In the end, upper management feels that you are blessed to have a job, and if you don't like it, you're free to leave. They don't know how to effectively communicate with their employees, everything needs to go through the union reps.

What I learned from working here, is how much I appreciate all my past jobs, and absolutely love my current job. All jobs can be stressful at times, but the people you work with (colleagues and management) can make it worthwhile. Leaving Nordia was the best decision I ever made!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Awesome place to work
Client Solutions, Loyalty & Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 July 2016
Awesome place to work. Great benefits, great pay. Long shifts with mandatory OT and shifts not the same for a week at a time....constantly changing.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Mandatory over time, late shifts
High stress good rewards
Senior Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 February 2016
it is a very stressful job if you can handle being timed every second of your work life. everything you say is also being recorded not to mention calls you take will randomly get checked for quality assurance but the benefits and bonuses are worth it.
Pros
money
Cons
often angry people will be calling
Long and draining work place
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON5 May 2016
no work/ life balance you are unable to book time off for doctors appointments or just a personal day off you must either call in sick or try to trade with a co worker which is hard to do when everyone has a life outside of work.
Turn over rate is high as it is a call center job
Pros
Cons
Unable to have a personal life
Fun workplace with supportive coworkers and friends made.
Call Centre Agent, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 March 2016
I worked at Nordia for a year and made many friends. Fellow coworkers are supportive and work together to solve problems. Management was okay, but could have been more supportive of employees. Most clients were great, but dealing with difficult irate customers on the phone can be exhausting.
Pros
Fun workplace, great people, site is right downtown
Cons
irregular hours, not a lot of support from management
The Bell canada job
Customer Service Supervisor CFL (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 February 2016
Love making descision for people without giving them choices? Enjoy being stuck between a rock and a hard place?
Also enjoy taking calls with no solutions for you customer?

Well The Bell Canada Dept at Nordia is just for you!

(Ex. Customer calls in because missing introductory promotion missing on account. Explain to customer sorry u cant have the promotion now that the account is already created, you no longer qualify for it. Resolution? Cancel everything and start over again. Result, very angry customer,) Thank you have a great day!
Pros
They tried
Cons
Two Costo pool tables, *(3 cues outof 10 remaining)* a bunch of TV set up through out the building, all have blue screens of No connection (fibe).
If you dont want to feel like your going to jail run!
Serve to sell (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 March 2016
The pay is ok... but they are HARD on sales. They tell you the not but your expected to attempt a sale on ever call! You can take on average 30-40 calls a day and you need to have 5% sales at the end of the month with all your calls. So that's 700 calls in a month 5% is 35. 35 sales per month. Good luck!
Try selling internet to an 80 with no computer. They will push you to try not once but 3 times.
The floor support sit and chat to each other and drink coffee all day.
Pros
Training was done ok.
Cons
Management; help desk; organization; floor support

2.8