Nordia Employee Reviews

Basically I found this job to be a rather poor experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 January 2017
A typical day at work usually just started with a mandatory 15 minutes ahead of work be on the floor from the management. By the end of the day my stress levels will have sky rocketed from dealing with customers on the phone and management.
Management is horrible at this company, they hide in their offices and when they say "we'll look into it" - provided you can get into their offices at all, they never do anything. Coworkers were about the only thing I looked forward to seeing at work, they were pretty much the only thing I enjoyed about working there. The hardest part would be dealing with attitudes of customers and management, they are stressful even on the best of days.
Pros
Decent benefits and wage
Cons
Long hours, poor management, high stress
Good workplace for a first call center job
Customer service / Technical support (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC31 December 2016
A typical day at work is to punch in on time, take calls for the rest of the 8hours shift.

I have learned how to provide excellent customer service to clients all while meeting and outstanding performance requirements. I have also mainly learned how a call center works. Another lesson was to learn how to make sales.

The management at Nordia was great at teaching their agents to give great customer service to clients and meeting their needs.

My co-workers were pleasant to work with. Very hardworking people that were always respectful and professional.

The hardest part of the job was to know that several departments of Bell Express Vu had moved to India and my department were in transition to work with India's new agents.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that i got to learn a lot on what is great customer service and what techniques could be used to always offer the best customer service.
Pros
1 hour lunches, managers were very approachable and supportive, great learning experiences
Cons
salary, a bit far by bus
Workplace- steady hours and medical benefits
Full time Loyalty Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 October 2016
Steady hours (40 hours a week)
Opportunity for overtime
Agents well compensated with opportunities to participate in incentives
Good Medical Benefits
Pros
Great coworkers willing to assist each other, team environment, steady hours each week, excellent medical benefits coverage
Cons
Little room for advancement once I reached Trainer
Decent for a call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 January 2017
Overall not a terrible place to work. Pay is decent and benefits are good. I wouldn't look to make a career out of it though.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hours, flexibility with shifts
Awful hours, not fun work place, noone cares about others
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 October 2016
Honestly not worth the money, or your sanity. Props to anyone who has the patience to put up with the bull that the supervisors, company etc put everyone through. You go in unhappy and drained and leave miserable and drained. Glad I got out of there when I did.pay was ok, benefits were nice but still not worth my time.
Really tough job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 August 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. The training we got was really great. What made it tough was management. They were mostly really young people who dated the people they supervised. If a manager didn't like you good luck getting then to take an escalated call. I saw people in the lunch room making out! Oh and lunches got stolen all the time!
Pros
Unionized, benefits, contests
Cons
Low wages, inexperienced managers
For a call centre it is an okay work environment
Technical Support Specialty (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 October 2016
Working with Nordia is okay for a call centre. High stress but excellent health benefits. The calls are the stressful you get a lot of customers complaining to you.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
High stress
Fun workplace but very poorly managed
Retail Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 March 2017
- Typical day at work was okay as the job is not hard.
- The scheduling team is entirely inflexible. One co-worker was denied his own wedding day off and had to go through a long and arduous process to finally get the day off approved.
- Scheduling is seniority based so don't expect to get better hours unless someone higher up is fired or quits. This means you will probably not get any weekend days off for at least the first year or two.
Pros
Good break schedules.
Cons
Inflexible scheduling. Few opportunities to advance.
Good company to work for. Pay is pretty good. They have a good benefits pkg.
Client Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 March 2017
Early starts most days as you can somewhat manage your schedule.
I've learned a lot of information about mobility devices, internet services and television sevices including home phone services.
Management is always on site and usually accessable.
The workplace culture is very multi cultural as there are many different ethnic persuations all working together in harmony.
The hardest part of the job is to make sales as this job is in the cancellation dept. Sales are expected and are required to maintain employment
The best part of the job is the satisfaction of helping consumers get better service with less cost while satisfying all their communication needs and being thanked repeatedly for being efficient and curtious in a timely manner. When the customer tells you "this is the best conversation I have ever had with a Bell representative" you know you did a good job.
Pros
Most current technology available to consumers
Cons
Significant focus on sales not on customer service
Needs improvement with workers
Service Assurance Team (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2016
I worked for Nordia for approximately 2.5 years. I would usually get into work 10 minutes early to log in as the systems would constantly have problems with passwords not being accepted for programs not working at all. I've learned to be an expert in problem solving as well as most billing inquiries. I have learned how to handle an irate customer as well as get the best reactions from my everyday customers. My co workers were mostly friendly, I would wish if Nordia made more of an expectation to keep personal and work life separate. The hardest part of the job was the lack of management support as I spent more time at Nordia the less support was given. I most enjoyed improving my customer service skills as well as some of the people I have met at Nordia.
benefits
Cons
bad scheduling, poor management, no work/life balance
Good atmosphere to work in.
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo , B,16 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Nordia the employees where great to work with. Daily job was coaching and motivating my team and attending meetings.
Management was supportive work place culture was good. hardest part of the job was reaching company goals that weren't realistic. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the success in my team and success of individuals on the team.
Awesome place to work
Client Solutions, Loyalty & Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 July 2016
Awesome place to work. Great benefits, great pay. Long shifts with mandatory OT and shifts not the same for a week at a time....constantly changing.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Mandatory over time, late shifts
this job is not for the weak.
TV/Billing/Service Assurance, CSR. (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 March 2017
Like any call center, you are tethered to a headset all day, taking inbound calls and dealing with mostly angry people. Very repetitive. Most of your co workers are great, and most of the management is great, but there is always that unspoken threat to meet your targets or you will be let go. Attendance is monitored heavily, and the company does not offer sick days, only the 10 days that the government sets via the labour board, So be prepared to get a doctors note if you are off work for more than a day.
If you are easily offended, or upset easily, this job is not for you. Customers will call you names, and will swear and act childish, so this is where you need to learn to be calm and let it all go. Not worth the money to get stressed out or take what they say personally.
I do not think the pay rate equals the job expectations, especially in some of the departments. This company often changes it business needs, so you can find yourself working in a different department and not by choice. Work/life balance can be tricky until you get some seniority behind you, so be prepared to work any shift, which can take up most of your day. The place is unionized, so that helps a bit, but no guarantee they can save you, if you get let go.
Not a great job, but I have worked in worse call center settings before.
So if you can handle being glued to a desk for 8 hrs, and can handle
all customer types, then you might do ok, there are long time employees here, even agents that have worked there for many years, but most people do not last too long as it is stressful, when it is day after
  more... day.
All I can say is good luck to you.
Pros
Free company BBQ, and Christmas dinner, Bake sales. Incentive programs
Cons
rude customers, company politics, not great pay, not great shift times.
Unless being screamed at via telephone is a career passion, stay away!
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 March 2016
Nordia is OK, I have been there a while now. The company in itself offers 40 hour weeks, benefits, the whole shebang you could want. The only issue is, being a representative to the company that Nordia is contracted by and not having any sort of faith or appreciation in what you're selling/solving.

You tend to screw a lot of people out of their money, you are supposed to "increase their revenue" or make it stay the same on their account, not decrease it. Even if they've been with the service provider for 5+ years. We work in a "LOYALTY" department, and we have nothing competitive to offer to the customers. It's kind of BS.

Management was great, supportive and had a good understanding. I found specific managers had a bit of difficulty following the rules they themselves enforced (or got an e-mail about it that day).

The salary is fine...but they make it seem like you'll hit bonus every month, which I never had an issue with making bonus, although you need to have perfect attendance and stats to make the queues each month.

I don't associate much with my co-workers, mostly because of the scheduling and breaks, so if you like being a lone wolf, consider that a good job for you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefit to your life
its a call center
A member of the team (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 June 2016
This place was not for me. Benefits were great. co workers were great. Management is ok. not a place I would work if you have anxiety as the calls can be brutal.
Pros
Cons
rotten shifts
Nordia SJ
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 February 2017
Its an ok place to work. The team leaders were not helpful they basically threaten to fire you every time you have a bad day. As long as your making them money you didn't have to worry. They teach you how to lie your way into getting a sale. The hardest part of the job was having to be dishonest to customers in order to keep your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Decent place to work.
Intraday Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 March 2017
The company was fine. If you worked hard you could move up, which I did. Management often contradicted itself and priorities switched randomly.

Culture was tight-knit.
Pros
Fairly easy work.
Cons
Little room to be promoted.
Upbeat atmosphere, new games room for agents to relax in, lots of bonus and incentives
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 November 2016
A typical day is spent on the phone helping customers with billing issues. Yes customers do yell at you, but most calm down when they realize I am trying to fix the problem. I am continuously learning through their online courses as well as coaching sessions.
I can't say enough about the managers at the Orillia site, they are always coming up with new ways to make the job site less stressful through contests, acknowledging achievements and positive attitudes.
My co-workers are friendly and willing to help if I have a problem.
The hardest part of my job is trying to remember which program does what, especially for those rare one offs.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having a customer thank me for taking the time to listen and for finding a solution.
Pros
Pay and bonuses, contests, lots of training
Cons
Programs fail during a call which forces you to go the backup program
awesome
Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 January 2017
the company encourages work life balance and team work is upheld.
the working time is flexible which helps you plan your life better
Pros
incentives
Cons
nil
Amazing place to work!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 December 2016
Awesome place to work, management is great, pay is awesome, coworkers are great, amazing place to work! They have a gym, which is awesome, the parking really sucks tho! Its underground and really sketchy looking other than that, it's the best
Pros
Cons
Parking

2.9