Nordia Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Clean premises and nice colleagues
Coordonnatrice des ressources humaines (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2017
I was not there long enough to properly evaluate the company and their workplace culture. I learned their policies. Worked with enjoyable colleagues.
Great Place to work if you put the effort in
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 September 2017
Work there for almost 2 years. Went in with very low expections and ended up being a great experience. Great company to work for and if your a decent person, you will be treated well. If your not a decent person, that might not treat you so well. All the negative comments come from either people who deserved to be fired or are too ingornant to understand how the business works. You need to put the work in and if you do, you will be rewarded. If you come in with a bad attitude, you will not like it. Loved the company and when I left to pursue other options, I was treated with nothing but respect. So the purpose if this review is, if you come to work and do your job. You will like it
Pros
Great supervisors, great management, willing to help with professional development
Cons
Non
A good place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo11 September 2017
I worked in a wide variety of positions and was sorry when I was downsized. I loved the people I worked with, and found the work itself was varied enough to keep me interested.

I learned a great deal about myself as well as many different types of jobs. I learned that I can do more than I thought I could.

Management was sometimes a little chaotic on occasion because of changes both in lines of business (call centter), changes in ownership and changes in the industry; but they always put the employees first.

I have made some enduring friendships at work, and there was always a focus on workplace activities to foster the team spirit.

The hardest part of the job was leaving.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers together. We were a family.
Pros
Good and frequent training; responsive management
Cons
Early morning shifts
Environnement travail
Quebec City, QC (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC9 September 2017
Travail agréable, et groupe de travail tres friendly.
Les horaires de travail peu disponible.

Quitter manque d'heures. Voulu y retourner apres 1 départ et ils n'ont pas voulu.

Désolé.
Pros
Bénéfices sociaux
Cons
Horaire
poorly managed
Customer Service/ Billing agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON5 September 2017
in a 7 month span i was tossed around between 4 teams all with their own team manager and all the managers get around doing the tasks they are supposed to do, all giving me different "coaching plans" and then telling me my performance never met the coaching plan expectations., managers do what they want and the agents are always to blame
Would never work there again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC31 August 2017
This company is a place that has little concern for the well being of its employees. This is of course by nescessity as they are always driving to bring up the bottom line.
Good Job
Sales of Cellular Devices (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 August 2017
Great Employer, excellent benefits, great people to work with and a flexible manangement team,

Hours are good but the job can be a bit boring, overall good place to work
Pros
good hours
Cons
boring work
Good
Service Assurance Team Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 August 2017
Good, nice people, no windows so it's a little depressing, TMs are easy to talk to, relatable and make you feel like you matter, relaxed atmosphere you can wear whatever you want.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
Empowerment
Call Center Senior Director for Nanaimo BC (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 August 2017
I have full accountability of the Call Center for Customer services and Mobility technical services. I have done the start up of the new call center in Laval. 230 seats
Pros
Start up and restructuration of the call center
Cons
Working as a consultant
Very stressful enviorment
Telephone Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC14 August 2017
A typical day of work consists of going into work and setting up your tools on your computer. Before each shift there is a pre shift meeting for 15 minutes to go over any changes. I was in the outbound call center and people do get angry at times that you have called and just tell you not to call back, or how did you get this number? It was always hard when you call a number and the person you are looking for has passed away and the call gets very awkward. I am a very positive person and the negativity of the calls impacted me. Management tries to make things fun but there is always the feeling there that your job is not secure.
Pros
money is not bad, there is a lot of pressure for sales
Cons
Very stressful phone calls a lot of the time with unhappy people
Corporate Client Care Represesntative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 August 2017
Enjoyable work environment with great people. The salary is competitive with bonus opportunities. Works with you depending on circumstances. Health plan is great. Management is okay.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 August 2017
repondre telephonepour soutien technique

pas d entrainement

pas de pause

pas honnete
Pros
aucun
Cons
honnetet manquante, salaire mauvaise mauvais direction
good solid job, great people
Loyalty/Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 July 2017
rentention agent, dealing with customers concerns retaining and selling Bell Canada residential services. good wage, bonus and incentives. very positive supportive environment
Well paid-poor life balance
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 July 2017
This company will pay you well with guaranteed full time and even overtime if you'd like and give you full benefits and vacation along with other exclusive offers with company's they partner with.

Management is very open to listening to employees here and the physical spaces for employees like the cafe and game room are a nice added bonus not to mention the building is secure with I.D access.

However this is a desk job with a high rate of mental stress and due to the very poor schedules for anyone without seniority achieving a healthy work/life balance is extremely difficult. Turn over is high and it's not a job for everyone.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation, Good Pay
Cons
Bad Schedules, Little Career Advancement
Terrible shifts, power addicted management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 July 2017
Started out as a great place but over amidst a year of working here it's been getting consistently worse. Tenure seems to mean nothing in shift bids, sure hope you enjoy working the most random shifts imaginable! Favoritism is rampant some people get away with anything while others get written up for staying on hold for a tiny bit too long. Half the supervisors have small woman syndrome and act like they have to prove themselves better and more knowledge than everyone else., which is seriously not the case. Even had another supervisor flat out lie to me about performance reviews saying a bunch of us were doing great only to have him turn around and try to get everyone who he didn't like fired by lying about their Stats. Speaking of which, Stats are so important you are forced to lie to customers to meet your quota, and the IT is so block happy with the web filter you hey locked out of tools and websites you need to be productive.

Atleast it's better than sitel
Pros
Cons
Terrible shifts, rampant favoritism, inept IT
stress full, lots of pressure
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 July 2017
There was always pressure from supervisor to sell or renew. It wasn't about keeping customers happy it was about keeping them locked into contracts. I did improve on my customer service skill however.
Pros
non
Cons
lots
Stay Away, Stay Far Away
sales and problem solving techniques (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 July 2017
typical day: go in early without pay to set up, no break on incoming calls, getting yelled at by customers, try to ask a manager a question get a blank look in return, get blamed for things you didn't do.
What I learned: That management will try to destroy your confidence if possible.
Management: Can't even manage themselves let alone others.
Pros
None after change of ownership
Cons
The Management, the environment, the lack of understanding.
forced sales ungood work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 July 2017
very bad because of forced sales every phone call if you do not sell enough you are than warned and than fired. Most of the time the sales seem forced.
Pros
a lot of voluntary time off
Cons
forced sales
Family Atmosphere
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 July 2017
Nordia is like a family. They get people into the spirit of holidays, during the day there have different motivational activites/treats and sometimes incentive if you work on the weekends.
Pros
Chances to win prizes
Cons
Stats are somewhat unrealistic for most people
Stressful job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON27 June 2017
This job isn't for everyone, it is stressful, and the management definitely needs work. They don't work around your schedule if its needed ( child care, school, another job if working part time)
Pros
paid training
Cons
stressful, repetative, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9