Nordia Employee Reviews

Fun workplace but very poorly managed
Retail Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 March 2017
- Typical day at work was okay as the job is not hard.
- The scheduling team is entirely inflexible. One co-worker was denied his own wedding day off and had to go through a long and arduous process to finally get the day off approved.
- Scheduling is seniority based so don't expect to get better hours unless someone higher up is fired or quits. This means you will probably not get any weekend days off for at least the first year or two.
Pros
Good break schedules.
Cons
Inflexible scheduling. Few opportunities to advance.
Nordia SJ
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 February 2017
Its an ok place to work. The team leaders were not helpful they basically threaten to fire you every time you have a bad day. As long as your making them money you didn't have to worry. They teach you how to lie your way into getting a sale. The hardest part of the job was having to be dishonest to customers in order to keep your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Good atmosphere to work in.
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo , B,16 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Nordia the employees where great to work with. Daily job was coaching and motivating my team and attending meetings.
Management was supportive work place culture was good. hardest part of the job was reaching company goals that weren't realistic. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the success in my team and success of individuals on the team.
Basically I found this job to be a rather poor experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 January 2017
A typical day at work usually just started with a mandatory 15 minutes ahead of work be on the floor from the management. By the end of the day my stress levels will have sky rocketed from dealing with customers on the phone and management.
Management is horrible at this company, they hide in their offices and when they say "we'll look into it" - provided you can get into their offices at all, they never do anything. Coworkers were about the only thing I looked forward to seeing at work, they were pretty much the only thing I enjoyed about working there. The hardest part would be dealing with attitudes of customers and management, they are stressful even on the best of days.
Pros
Decent benefits and wage
Cons
Long hours, poor management, high stress
Workplace- steady hours and medical benefits
Full time Loyalty Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 October 2016
Steady hours (40 hours a week)
Opportunity for overtime
Agents well compensated with opportunities to participate in incentives
Good Medical Benefits
Pros
Great coworkers willing to assist each other, team environment, steady hours each week, excellent medical benefits coverage
Cons
Little room for advancement once I reached Trainer
Awful hours, not fun work place, noone cares about others
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 October 2016
Honestly not worth the money, or your sanity. Props to anyone who has the patience to put up with the bull that the supervisors, company etc put everyone through. You go in unhappy and drained and leave miserable and drained. Glad I got out of there when I did.pay was ok, benefits were nice but still not worth my time.
Good Company, good pay, terrible soul-killing work. Everyone is either emtry level, under review, or fired.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC22 October 2016
Good Company (evil lite)
Pay is very good for industry (Union)
Customer service for a Telcom engenders the death urge.

It's not a Gulag or Sweatshop or fly by night telemarketing gig.
But neither is it working for Google.
Pros
A Job
Cons
An Employer
Amazing place to work!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 December 2016
Awesome place to work, management is great, pay is awesome, coworkers are great, amazing place to work! They have a gym, which is awesome, the parking really sucks tho! Its underground and really sketchy looking other than that, it's the best
Pros
Cons
Parking
Fun Environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 February 2017
Great management team and a good environment to work in. Company cared about the employees as well as the customers they served. Had employee appreciation events.
Pros
good pay, good environment
Cons
different shifts most days.
Upbeat atmosphere, new games room for agents to relax in, lots of bonus and incentives
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 November 2016
A typical day is spent on the phone helping customers with billing issues. Yes customers do yell at you, but most calm down when they realize I am trying to fix the problem. I am continuously learning through their online courses as well as coaching sessions.
I can't say enough about the managers at the Orillia site, they are always coming up with new ways to make the job site less stressful through contests, acknowledging achievements and positive attitudes.
My co-workers are friendly and willing to help if I have a problem.
The hardest part of my job is trying to remember which program does what, especially for those rare one offs.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having a customer thank me for taking the time to listen and for finding a solution.
Pros
Pay and bonuses, contests, lots of training
Cons
Programs fail during a call which forces you to go the backup program
Stressful
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2017
I loved the people who I worked with but sadly there is a lot of politics that are incraved in that work place. Not very respectful to their employees.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No respect for employees, Random hours, stressful
Decent place to work.
Intraday Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 March 2017
The company was fine. If you worked hard you could move up, which I did. Management often contradicted itself and priorities switched randomly.

Culture was tight-knit.
Pros
Fairly easy work.
Cons
Little room to be promoted.
Good company to work for. Pay is pretty good. They have a good benefits pkg.
Client Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 March 2017
Early starts most days as you can somewhat manage your schedule.
I've learned a lot of information about mobility devices, internet services and television sevices including home phone services.
Management is always on site and usually accessable.
The workplace culture is very multi cultural as there are many different ethnic persuations all working together in harmony.
The hardest part of the job is to make sales as this job is in the cancellation dept. Sales are expected and are required to maintain employment
The best part of the job is the satisfaction of helping consumers get better service with less cost while satisfying all their communication needs and being thanked repeatedly for being efficient and curtious in a timely manner. When the customer tells you "this is the best conversation I have ever had with a Bell representative" you know you did a good job.
Pros
Most current technology available to consumers
Cons
Significant focus on sales not on customer service
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2016
Typical day at work was really good.
I have learn that you cannot take anything for granted.
Management and the union is not for any of my co-workers
my co-workers were all great
the hardest part of my job was that the company kept changing on what to say on the phone to the customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to speak different people.
Fun
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2017
Good place to work, lots of opportunity to earn commission. Fun work environment, management is great, always willing to help you improve and become better.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Working until 9pm every day
Enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 February 2017
Was interesting associating with different types of characteristics. Really enjoyed how appreciated I was by the customers for my patients and effort I out into their call.
Watch your back!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 March 2017
Your job description can change in a heartbeat and you will be walked out if you don't catch on right away.
Management says they will do their part but never do.
Decent for a call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 January 2017
Overall not a terrible place to work. Pay is decent and benefits are good. I wouldn't look to make a career out of it though.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hours, flexibility with shifts
Really tough job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 August 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. The training we got was really great. What made it tough was management. They were mostly really young people who dated the people they supervised. If a manager didn't like you good luck getting then to take an escalated call. I saw people in the lunch room making out! Oh and lunches got stolen all the time!
Pros
Unionized, benefits, contests
Cons
Low wages, inexperienced managers
Good workplace for a first call center job
Customer service / Technical support (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC31 December 2016
A typical day at work is to punch in on time, take calls for the rest of the 8hours shift.

I have learned how to provide excellent customer service to clients all while meeting and outstanding performance requirements. I have also mainly learned how a call center works. Another lesson was to learn how to make sales.

The management at Nordia was great at teaching their agents to give great customer service to clients and meeting their needs.

My co-workers were pleasant to work with. Very hardworking people that were always respectful and professional.

The hardest part of the job was to know that several departments of Bell Express Vu had moved to India and my department were in transition to work with India's new agents.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that i got to learn a lot on what is great customer service and what techniques could be used to always offer the best customer service.
Pros
1 hour lunches, managers were very approachable and supportive, great learning experiences
Cons
salary, a bit far by bus

2.9