Nordia Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Awsome Work enviroment
Salesman (Current Employee), Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
Pros: No labour
Cons: Very stressful
Its overall a tremendous work enviroment , with lots of great people. Very professional and above all a fun place to be. However as there are many changes coming it wont be in my favor to continue employment they are decreasing commissions by 50 percent . Its the type of job that if your not making a ton of commission the stress isnt worth it.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 21, 2016
I was happy when I spoke to the customer from Bell. The company cause of the Union I thought that I was safe but I was not.

The company was great.
My perspective of this job
Retention agent (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: Continuous training
Cons: better wages
It was a place where there is continuous learning and training. That make your job more pleasant since you are able to help customers in all their concerns, keeping always company policies and business requirements.
There is almost no contact with others co-workers. This is a very individual job. Occasionally there are meetings with your manager and members of his team, but most of the time you are taking care of customers.

I enjoyed my job because I have found that I am a very cooperative and altruistic person, always ready to inform, help, and contribute. I have helped refugees and other people in need.
Great place to earn more than minumum wage, and have benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONApril 7, 2016
The job is to answer customer inquiries mainly on the pricing of their services, eg why has the price increased. Explain and try to resolve the customers request. Then if they are missing a service eg. has internet and television, pitch home phone for a "triple" service to offer bundle discounts. If a new customer calls in, pitch all three home services.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying a customer, and being able to provide them with a solution to their concern.
The hardest part of the job is angry customers when you cannot satisfy their concern.
It is a very independent job, there is not much socializing with co-workers.
If you struggle in your calls management is there to assist you in where you need improvement, but sometimes it is not in a timely manner.
Unless being screamed at via telephone is a career passion, stay away!
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Pay
Cons: No benefit to your life
Nordia is OK, I have been there a while now. The company in itself offers 40 hour weeks, benefits, the whole shebang you could want. The only issue is, being a representative to the company that Nordia is contracted by and not having any sort of faith or appreciation in what you're selling/solving.

You tend to screw a lot of people out of their money, you are supposed to "increase their revenue" or make it stay the same on their account, not decrease it. Even if they've been with the service provider for 5+ years. We work in a "LOYALTY" department, and we have nothing competitive to offer to the customers. It's kind of BS.

Management was great, supportive and had a good understanding. I found specific managers had a bit of difficulty following the rules they themselves enforced (or got an e-mail about it that day).

The salary is fine...but they make it seem like you'll hit bonus every month, which I never had an issue with making bonus, although you need to have perfect attendance and stats to make the queues each month.

I don't associate much with my co-workers, mostly because of the scheduling and breaks, so if you like being a lone wolf, consider that a good job for you.
Worst job EVER
S2S (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 24, 2016
Cons: Half truths about shifts, no vacation, no one is undestanding about health issues/accomodations, brainwashed senior agents, pay is terrible for what you put up with, people can steal your sales....
First of all, they spend so much money on the in-class training and not enough once you're training on the floor. The favorites from the training "TL" get all of the attentions (ie: if you're loud and overbearing). I was told I was "too nice" on a few occasions in training and that this was not a customer service job but a sales job. Meaning, you're a body to make sales and anger customers because you can't address their actual concerns - you need to sell them more by "informing" them. They say that they are there for you, but they really aren't. The TL for "A-Bay" (what they call their phone training) didn't even know my name until week 3. I had a few great coworkers, but they felt the same way that I did.
You begin to quickly feel like you've been lied to during the hiring process about shift bids and vacation time. You'll be stuck on all nights and weekends with no vacation for over one year Also, they put you to "buddy jack" (what kind of term is that anyway?!) with people who are in love with the job, it feels like they've been brainwashed because they all tell you the same amazing story about how wonderful it is.
I made it to the last week of ABay and then had enough. The money is decent if you can put up with everything. I kept telling myself it would get easier, but it never did. It only got more frustrating. Instead of being mentored to succeed, I was only told everyday about everything that I was doing wrong.
Try it out if you need something or love the call centre croonie lifestyle. Avoid this if you're looking for a career to grow in or to have a life.
The – more... guy that does the in class training is fantastic - Nordia definitely knows how to welcome you. It's just the initial WOW for new arrivals. It's not going to stay that way training on the phones. The systems (OrderMax) doesn't even work 90% of the time.
They ignored my concerns and HR won't even talk to you at all.
The best part is the coaches who help you train during your first few weeks - they give you false information. "Process the adjustment..." but then you get questioned as to why you made an adjustment...
You have to follow a flow called Blueprints. You'll have nightmares about Blueprints. I was told by a coach to smoke dope to be more calm - might not even help someone make this job better! – less
Good place to learn about people
Customer Service Representative, Retention (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 23, 2016
very fast paced environment, high pressure, high expectations, not boring as job is constantly changing. day goes quick but many angry customers require delicate handling
Fun workplace with supportive coworkers and friends made.
Call Centre Agent, Technical Support (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Fun workplace, great people, site is right downtown
Cons: irregular hours, not a lot of support from management
I worked at Nordia for a year and made many friends. Fellow coworkers are supportive and work together to solve problems. Management was okay, but could have been more supportive of employees. Most clients were great, but dealing with difficult irate customers on the phone can be exhausting.
Wonderful Team Environment
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 12, 2016
Pros: Excellent Co-workers
Cons: Stressful environment
I enjoy being employed at Nordia and having daily opportunities to learn new skills and expand my experience and knowledge in many different fields.
My co-workers are very supportive and I feel very comfortable in this very busy environment despite only being employed there since January 2016.
I excel at identifying projects needing immediate attention to ensure the success of our HR team, as well as developing a good rapport with our agents and team managers to keep a good communicative style. I feel this is imperative in a large call centre such as Nordia.
My challenges have been numerous such as endeavouring to improve my fluency in french to better support my position by enrolling in an intensive language program.
If you dont want to feel like your going to jail run!
Serve to sell (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Training was done ok.
Cons: Management; help desk; organization; floor support
The pay is ok... but they are HARD on sales. They tell you the not but your expected to attempt a sale on ever call! You can take on average 30-40 calls a day and you need to have 5% sales at the end of the month with all your calls. So that's 700 calls in a month 5% is 35. 35 sales per month. Good luck!
Try selling internet to an 80 with no computer. They will push you to try not once but 3 times.
The floor support sit and chat to each other and drink coffee all day.
Produce and great place to work
Field Support rep/Data Entry (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 2, 2016
I absolutely LOVE to work at Nordia, the problem that I had was with scheduling in terms of an availability change. My daughter was in DESPERATE need of some medical help, and was not able to work until 10pm EVERY night.
Needs improvement with workers
Service Assurance Team (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: bad scheduling, poor management, no work/life balance
I worked for Nordia for approximately 2.5 years. I would usually get into work 10 minutes early to log in as the systems would constantly have problems with passwords not being accepted for programs not working at all. I've learned to be an expert in problem solving as well as most billing inquiries. I have learned how to handle an irate customer as well as get the best reactions from my everyday customers. My co workers were mostly friendly, I would wish if Nordia made more of an expectation to keep personal and work life separate. The hardest part of the job was the lack of management support as I spent more time at Nordia the less support was given. I most enjoyed improving my customer service skills as well as some of the people I have met at Nordia.
Better pay & Better Direction
CSR & Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Lindsay, NBFebruary 17, 2016
good place to work , people are great. Money is ok , Mangement a little scattered. New Employees should be given better direction of what is expected
fun work place, pool table, good people
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Good people
Cons: Hours
Really good job, the hours aren't the greatest but the pay is good. work with cell phones, and do basic tech support, handle calls from small business, and consumer account. talk about billing and add and remove features on the accounts
High stress good rewards
Senior Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: money
Cons: often angry people will be calling
it is a very stressful job if you can handle being timed every second of your work life. everything you say is also being recorded not to mention calls you take will randomly get checked for quality assurance but the benefits and bonuses are worth it.
The Bell canada job
Customer Service Supervisor CFL (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: They tried
Cons: Two Costo pool tables, *(3 cues outof 10 remaining)* a bunch of TV set up through out the building, all have blue screens of No connection (fibe).
Love making descision for people without giving them choices? Enjoy being stuck between a rock and a hard place?
Also enjoy taking calls with no solutions for you customer?

Well The Bell Canada Dept at Nordia is just for you!

(Ex. Customer calls in because missing introductory promotion missing on account. Explain to customer sorry u cant have the promotion now that the account is already created, you no longer qualify for it. Resolution? Cancel everything and start over again. Result, very angry customer,) Thank you have a great day!
Awful Place!!
Customer Service Sales Agent (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Good pay for this area, and that's not saying much.
Cons: Mentally stressful, loss of sleep, anxiety, feeling bad about yourself...
They coach you about every little thing you do or don't do. What they don't understand is that in order to have a good sales agent the AGENT must be encouraged and treated fairly. They do not care what you are going through, they only care about how much they get paid from your sales. "More money for you, more money for me."
Run away
S2S (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: team leads, supervisor, unrealistic expectations
The hourly wage may be interesting but after that the wheels fall off. My team lead was on a power trip and extremely lazy turning down questions i had because she was "busy" drinking coffee and talking about her personal life with her buddies.

The floor supervisor for the serve to sell area is just as bad. He couldnt give a flying duck if you succeeded or failed because the door revolves so much in that place it doesnt matter to him.

Expectations on the job is also unrealistic and you will always feel pressure from management rather you sell services or not. Management also likes to threaten your job like your a small child going to stand in the corner for doing wrong.

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Bad Office Politics
Bell Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: wait time between calls
Cons: you work in a call centre
The job in itself was actually enjoyable most of the time. Problem solving with a little free time between calls. The office politics is extremely unprofessional.
Decent place to work
customer service representative (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 8, 2016
Good pay, excellent benefits and bonuses, supervisors are amazing. Work environment is positive and fun. Hard to maintain a work/life balance due to weird hours.
Employees