Nordia Employee Reviews in Canada

Needs improvement with workers
Service Assurance Team (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 25, 2016
I worked for Nordia for approximately 2.5 years. I would usually get into work 10 minutes early to log in as the systems would constantly have problems with passwords not being accepted for programs not working at all. I've learned to be an expert in problem solving as well as most billing inquiries. I have learned how to handle an irate customer as well as get the best reactions from my everyday customers. My co workers were mostly friendly, I would wish if Nordia made more of an expectation to keep personal and work life separate. The hardest part of the job was the lack of management support as I spent more time at Nordia the less support was given. I most enjoyed improving my customer service skills as well as some of the people I have met at Nordia.
benefits
Cons
bad scheduling, poor management, no work/life balance
Unless being screamed at via telephone is a career passion, stay away!
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 29, 2016
Nordia is OK, I have been there a while now. The company in itself offers 40 hour weeks, benefits, the whole shebang you could want. The only issue is, being a representative to the company that Nordia is contracted by and not having any sort of faith or appreciation in what you're selling/solving.

You tend to screw a lot of people out of their money, you are supposed to "increase their revenue" or make it stay the same on their account, not decrease it. Even if they've been with the service provider for 5+ years. We work in a "LOYALTY" department, and we have nothing competitive to offer to the customers. It's kind of BS.

Management was great, supportive and had a good understanding. I found specific managers had a bit of difficulty following the rules they themselves enforced (or got an e-mail about it that day).

The salary is fine...but they make it seem like you'll hit bonus every month, which I never had an issue with making bonus, although you need to have perfect attendance and stats to make the queues each month.

I don't associate much with my co-workers, mostly because of the scheduling and breaks, so if you like being a lone wolf, consider that a good job for you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefit to your life
High stress good rewards
Senior Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2016
it is a very stressful job if you can handle being timed every second of your work life. everything you say is also being recorded not to mention calls you take will randomly get checked for quality assurance but the benefits and bonuses are worth it.
Pros
money
Cons
often angry people will be calling
The Bell canada job
Customer Service Supervisor CFL (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 8, 2016
Love making descision for people without giving them choices? Enjoy being stuck between a rock and a hard place?
Also enjoy taking calls with no solutions for you customer?

Well The Bell Canada Dept at Nordia is just for you!

(Ex. Customer calls in because missing introductory promotion missing on account. Explain to customer sorry u cant have the promotion now that the account is already created, you no longer qualify for it. Resolution? Cancel everything and start over again. Result, very angry customer,) Thank you have a great day!
Pros
They tried
Cons
Two Costo pool tables, *(3 cues outof 10 remaining)* a bunch of TV set up through out the building, all have blue screens of No connection (fibe).
If you dont want to feel like your going to jail run!
Serve to sell (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 8, 2016
The pay is ok... but they are HARD on sales. They tell you the not but your expected to attempt a sale on ever call! You can take on average 30-40 calls a day and you need to have 5% sales at the end of the month with all your calls. So that's 700 calls in a month 5% is 35. 35 sales per month. Good luck!
Try selling internet to an 80 with no computer. They will push you to try not once but 3 times.
The floor support sit and chat to each other and drink coffee all day.
Pros
Training was done ok.
Cons
Management; help desk; organization; floor support
Fun workplace with supportive coworkers and friends made.
Call Centre Agent, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 16, 2016
I worked at Nordia for a year and made many friends. Fellow coworkers are supportive and work together to solve problems. Management was okay, but could have been more supportive of employees. Most clients were great, but dealing with difficult irate customers on the phone can be exhausting.
Pros
Fun workplace, great people, site is right downtown
Cons
irregular hours, not a lot of support from management
Run away
S2S (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 25, 2016
The hourly wage may be interesting but after that the wheels fall off. My team lead was on a power trip and extremely lazy turning down questions i had because she was "busy" drinking coffee and talking about her personal life with her buddies.

The floor supervisor for the serve to sell area is just as bad. He couldnt give a flying duck if you succeeded or failed because the door revolves so much in that place it doesnt matter to him.

Expectations on the job is also unrealistic and you will always feel pressure from management rather you sell services or not. Management also likes to threaten your job like your a small child going to stand in the corner for doing wrong.

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Pros
nothing
Cons
team leads, supervisor, unrealistic expectations
The Pro's and Con's of Nordia
sales Virgin mobile (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 7, 2015
I love the hours from 12pm-830pm, every week Sunday off and every payday is a 3 day weekend. The environment feels very restricted and the bonuses are not based off of sales performance which is really discouraging because even though I achieved top sales quite often the people who get the highest quality calls, and very little sales, get more bonuses and this bothers me a lot. I find this very unfair toward people that actually try to sell and do there jobs. Overall the job is not that difficult but very unfair in many ways such as advancement and bonuses. The hours are great but that is it. I would like to do commission and be appreciated on how well I can sell.
Pros
Consistent schedual and great benefits
Cons
Poor bonus system, rare advancements and little appreciation
Decent place to work
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 8, 2016
Good pay, excellent benefits and bonuses, supervisors are amazing. Work environment is positive and fun. Hard to maintain a work/life balance due to weird hours.
Great place to earn more than minumum wage, and have benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONApril 7, 2016
The job is to answer customer inquiries mainly on the pricing of their services, eg why has the price increased. Explain and try to resolve the customers request. Then if they are missing a service eg. has internet and television, pitch home phone for a "triple" service to offer bundle discounts. If a new customer calls in, pitch all three home services.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying a customer, and being able to provide them with a solution to their concern.
The hardest part of the job is angry customers when you cannot satisfy their concern.
It is a very independent job, there is not much socializing with co-workers.
If you struggle in your calls management is there to assist you in where you need improvement, but sometimes it is not in a timely manner.
My perspective of this job
Retention agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 14, 2016
It was a place where there is continuous learning and training. That make your job more pleasant since you are able to help customers in all their concerns, keeping always company policies and business requirements.
There is almost no contact with others co-workers. This is a very individual job. Occasionally there are meetings with your manager and members of his team, but most of the time you are taking care of customers.

I enjoyed my job because I have found that I am a very cooperative and altruistic person, always ready to inform, help, and contribute. I have helped refugees and other people in need.
Pros
Continuous training
Cons
better wages
Wonderful Team Environment
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 12, 2016
I enjoy being employed at Nordia and having daily opportunities to learn new skills and expand my experience and knowledge in many different fields.
My co-workers are very supportive and I feel very comfortable in this very busy environment despite only being employed there since January 2016.
I excel at identifying projects needing immediate attention to ensure the success of our HR team, as well as developing a good rapport with our agents and team managers to keep a good communicative style. I feel this is imperative in a large call centre such as Nordia.
My challenges have been numerous such as endeavouring to improve my fluency in french to better support my position by enrolling in an intensive language program.
Pros
Excellent Co-workers
Cons
Stressful environment
Fun work place terrible management
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 6, 2016
It was a very fun and engaging job but the management were dealing with over 100 staff members and everyone there witnessed favoritism among staff and peers.
Many were promised things they were not getting, many were unable to handle the stress of the job due to constantly being degrated by certain team managers.
I had my own team manager ask me if I was able to get them drugs over facebook. Just not a professional work place.

I would work for Bell anytime, but I will never work for Nordia again.
Fast Paced clean environment
Costumer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QCJune 6, 2016
Typical work day: Taking several calls from Clients and dealing with their respective issues, Management tries really hard to keep employees decently happy, rapid turn over because of call centre work environment.
Hardest part of the Job was the stressful environment.
Most enjoyable part of the job, the bonuses from having decent to good stats
Pros
possibility of bonuses
Cons
very stressful environment
Call service agent at Bell Prepaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 31, 2016
• Understand customer needs for products and services

• Provide all necessary explanations to the client until they are completely satisfied

• Offer the customer products and services that match their needs; have helped with technical Issues,

• Treat each call received with confidentially, courteously and efficiency;
Pros
available overtime
Awsome Work enviroment
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
Its overall a tremendous work enviroment , with lots of great people. Very professional and above all a fun place to be. However as there are many changes coming it wont be in my favor to continue employment they are decreasing commissions by 50 percent . Its the type of job that if your not making a ton of commission the stress isnt worth it.
Pros
No labour
Cons
Very stressful
Long and draining work place
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMay 5, 2016
no work/ life balance you are unable to book time off for doctors appointments or just a personal day off you must either call in sick or try to trade with a co worker which is hard to do when everyone has a life outside of work.
Turn over rate is high as it is a call center job
Pros
Cons
Unable to have a personal life
Bad Office Politics
Bell Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 9, 2016
The job in itself was actually enjoyable most of the time. Problem solving with a little free time between calls. The office politics is extremely unprofessional.
Pros
wait time between calls
Cons
you work in a call centre
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 5, 2016
I learnt to multi task, got a long great with co-workers as I'm a very sociable person. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help customers the way that I wanted to help them without transferring them over to another department .
Worst place to work.
S2S (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 11, 2016
When I initially started; I was not told I would be expected to consistently bring in sales. I was put under the impression it was a customer service type of deal. Boy was I wrong. Customer service? Nordia couldn't care less about it. You could be great in that aspect... and poor in sales and all team leads will focus on is that your sales target has not been met, never mind the fact you've saved most customers from cancelling or changed their perspective on bells customer care as most tenured agents don't speak eenglish or don't care about the initial problem.. You could do everything right but if you are short on sales (and they even can even decide you were short .3 of your target somehow) it effects the bonus they bribe you with in the first place. And don't even bother asking for help if your struggling with the fact they expect a sale out of each call... they'll laugh in your face unless your in Q4 (like a F in school) and even then... the push back and lack of knowledge from management is ridiculous. And chances to advance? Not unless you sleep with team leads or the site director. Its If your good at manipulating poor innocent people looking to reduce costs or fix a billing issue into buying a new service... this will be right up your alley way. If you have a conscience or a desire to be happy. Turn and run. There's more out there.
Pros
Co workers hate it all equally- easy to relate too and vent with
Cons
Everything.

2.9