Nordia Employee Reviews in Canada

its a call center
A member of the team (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 10, 2016
This place was not for me. Benefits were great. co workers were great. Management is ok. not a place I would work if you have anxiety as the calls can be brutal.
Pros
Cons
rotten shifts
Fast Paced clean environment
Costumer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QCJune 6, 2016
Typical work day: Taking several calls from Clients and dealing with their respective issues, Management tries really hard to keep employees decently happy, rapid turn over because of call centre work environment.
Hardest part of the Job was the stressful environment.
Most enjoyable part of the job, the bonuses from having decent to good stats
Pros
possibility of bonuses
Cons
very stressful environment
Call service agent at Bell Prepaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 31, 2016
• Understand customer needs for products and services

• Provide all necessary explanations to the client until they are completely satisfied

• Offer the customer products and services that match their needs; have helped with technical Issues,

• Treat each call received with confidentially, courteously and efficiency;
Pros
available overtime
Customer Service Representitive- Retention department
loyalty representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 27, 2016
Very impressive hourly wage.
Supportive Team Leaders
Negative work environment, never a room full of smiling faces.
Good shift availability
Worst place to work.
S2S (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 11, 2016
When I initially started; I was not told I would be expected to consistently bring in sales. I was put under the impression it was a customer service type of deal. Boy was I wrong. Customer service? Nordia couldn't care less about it. You could be great in that aspect... and poor in sales and all team leads will focus on is that your sales target has not been met, never mind the fact you've saved most customers from cancelling or changed their perspective on bells customer care as most tenured agents don't speak eenglish or don't care about the initial problem.. You could do everything right but if you are short on sales (and they even can even decide you were short .3 of your target somehow) it effects the bonus they bribe you with in the first place. And don't even bother asking for help if your struggling with the fact they expect a sale out of each call... they'll laugh in your face unless your in Q4 (like a F in school) and even then... the push back and lack of knowledge from management is ridiculous. And chances to advance? Not unless you sleep with team leads or the site director. Its If your good at manipulating poor innocent people looking to reduce costs or fix a billing issue into buying a new service... this will be right up your alley way. If you have a conscience or a desire to be happy. Turn and run. There's more out there.
Pros
Co workers hate it all equally- easy to relate too and vent with
Cons
Everything.
Good and bad
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 11, 2016
Decent work place. The focus is on employee's and their needs. What is lacking is willingness to work with anyone who salaried to overcome their individual barriers
Pros
great agent wages, safe
Cons
often focus on the negative, quick to judge
enjoyed my work very much
Bell Aliant Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 7, 2016
enjoyed working there very much. staff great to get along with and easy to approach if needed. If anyone interested in working there please apply you will not go wrong.
Fun work place terrible management
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 6, 2016
It was a very fun and engaging job but the management were dealing with over 100 staff members and everyone there witnessed favoritism among staff and peers.
Many were promised things they were not getting, many were unable to handle the stress of the job due to constantly being degrated by certain team managers.
I had my own team manager ask me if I was able to get them drugs over facebook. Just not a professional work place.

I would work for Bell anytime, but I will never work for Nordia again.
Long and draining work place
Full Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONMay 5, 2016
no work/ life balance you are unable to book time off for doctors appointments or just a personal day off you must either call in sick or try to trade with a co worker which is hard to do when everyone has a life outside of work.
Turn over rate is high as it is a call center job
Pros
Cons
Unable to have a personal life
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 4, 2016
Worked here for a little over 4 years. In my opinion, the workplace was enjoyable in the beginning but quickly became unbarable. Handling one service (bell tv) quickly became three (bell tv, home phone, and internet) for the same amount of pay. I have friends who work in mobility and they have the same complaints.

Horrible workplace politics. Anyone who receives a promotion has to suck up to management to do so, or you have to be a smoker. If you are quiet, keep your head down and do your job properly, you aren't recognized or appreciated. Instead they push you harder and you receive more work.

When a job posting goes up for a promotion, management already has a certain individual in mind, but needs to follow proper protocol. So if management hadn't approached you beforehand, and you apply for the promotion, you likely won't receive it.

Work morale is low, and the turnover rate is high. You are constantly being yelled at from customers. Management treats you like gradeschoolers. Most agents end up going on stress leave or just quitting altogether. Everyday you leave work feeling depleted.

There's no availability between calls, they come in back to back, so you don't socialise with any of your colleagues unless your scheduled breaks/lunch coincide.

When dealing with an extremely difficult call and a client asks to speak with a supervisor, the manager will try to avoid taking that escalation at all cost. They will send you back to the customer to try and negotiate a solution (many times) and if they do end up taking the call, they will give the customer whatever
  more... they want to avoid any type of confrontation.

There is little to no support on the floor. Managers have little knowledge of the services because it's ever changing and they don't take calls. They are there to basically coach and discipline. You get coached for every little thing, there's no breathing room.

Monthly targets are always changing and set so high it's almost unattainable. Your incentive is also based on customer surveys, therefore even if you do your job perfectly, but the customer is upset they had to call in the first place or dislikes the company, you will fail that survey.

They expect you to come to work even if you're sick. You could be losing your voice, and they still expect you to take calls. You are not paid for taking a sick day, and even if you bring in a doctor's note, they will still discipline you.

Every year there is an employee satisfaction survey which goes out, but even if most of the employees are unhappy and makes suggestions on how to improve workplace morale, nothing happens. The surveys are essentially useless. In the end, upper management feels that you are blessed to have a job, and if you don't like it, you're free to leave. They don't know how to effectively communicate with their employees, everything needs to go through the union reps.

What I learned from working here, is how much I appreciate all my past jobs, and absolutely love my current job. All jobs can be stressful at times, but the people you work with (colleagues and management) can make it worthwhile. Leaving Nordia was the best decision I ever made!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Awsome Work enviroment
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
Its overall a tremendous work enviroment , with lots of great people. Very professional and above all a fun place to be. However as there are many changes coming it wont be in my favor to continue employment they are decreasing commissions by 50 percent . Its the type of job that if your not making a ton of commission the stress isnt worth it.
Pros
No labour
Cons
Very stressful
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 21, 2016
I was happy when I spoke to the customer from Bell. The company cause of the Union I thought that I was safe but I was not.

The company was great.
My perspective of this job
Retention agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 14, 2016
It was a place where there is continuous learning and training. That make your job more pleasant since you are able to help customers in all their concerns, keeping always company policies and business requirements.
There is almost no contact with others co-workers. This is a very individual job. Occasionally there are meetings with your manager and members of his team, but most of the time you are taking care of customers.

I enjoyed my job because I have found that I am a very cooperative and altruistic person, always ready to inform, help, and contribute. I have helped refugees and other people in need.
Pros
Continuous training
Cons
better wages
Great place to earn more than minumum wage, and have benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ONApril 7, 2016
The job is to answer customer inquiries mainly on the pricing of their services, eg why has the price increased. Explain and try to resolve the customers request. Then if they are missing a service eg. has internet and television, pitch home phone for a "triple" service to offer bundle discounts. If a new customer calls in, pitch all three home services.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying a customer, and being able to provide them with a solution to their concern.
The hardest part of the job is angry customers when you cannot satisfy their concern.
It is a very independent job, there is not much socializing with co-workers.
If you struggle in your calls management is there to assist you in where you need improvement, but sometimes it is not in a timely manner.
Unless being screamed at via telephone is a career passion, stay away!
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 29, 2016
Nordia is OK, I have been there a while now. The company in itself offers 40 hour weeks, benefits, the whole shebang you could want. The only issue is, being a representative to the company that Nordia is contracted by and not having any sort of faith or appreciation in what you're selling/solving.

You tend to screw a lot of people out of their money, you are supposed to "increase their revenue" or make it stay the same on their account, not decrease it. Even if they've been with the service provider for 5+ years. We work in a "LOYALTY" department, and we have nothing competitive to offer to the customers. It's kind of BS.

Management was great, supportive and had a good understanding. I found specific managers had a bit of difficulty following the rules they themselves enforced (or got an e-mail about it that day).

The salary is fine...but they make it seem like you'll hit bonus every month, which I never had an issue with making bonus, although you need to have perfect attendance and stats to make the queues each month.

I don't associate much with my co-workers, mostly because of the scheduling and breaks, so if you like being a lone wolf, consider that a good job for you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefit to your life
Worst job EVER
S2S (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMarch 24, 2016
First of all, they spend so much money on the in-class training and not enough once you're training on the floor. The favorites from the training "TL" get all of the attentions (ie: if you're loud and overbearing). I was told I was "too nice" on a few occasions in training and that this was not a customer service job but a sales job. Meaning, you're a body to make sales and anger customers because you can't address their actual concerns - you need to sell them more by "informing" them. They say that they are there for you, but they really aren't. The TL for "A-Bay" (what they call their phone training) didn't even know my name until week 3. I had a few great coworkers, but they felt the same way that I did.
You begin to quickly feel like you've been lied to during the hiring process about shift bids and vacation time. You'll be stuck on all nights and weekends with no vacation for over one year Also, they put you to "buddy jack" (what kind of term is that anyway?!) with people who are in love with the job, it feels like they've been brainwashed because they all tell you the same amazing story about how wonderful it is.
I made it to the last week of ABay and then had enough. The money is decent if you can put up with everything. I kept telling myself it would get easier, but it never did. It only got more frustrating. Instead of being mentored to succeed, I was only told everyday about everything that I was doing wrong.
Try it out if you need something or love the call centre croonie lifestyle. Avoid this if you're looking for a career to grow in or to have a life.
The
  more... guy that does the in class training is fantastic - Nordia definitely knows how to welcome you. It's just the initial WOW for new arrivals. It's not going to stay that way training on the phones. The systems (OrderMax) doesn't even work 90% of the time.
They ignored my concerns and HR won't even talk to you at all.
The best part is the coaches who help you train during your first few weeks - they give you false information. "Process the adjustment..." but then you get questioned as to why you made an adjustment...
You have to follow a flow called Blueprints. You'll have nightmares about Blueprints. I was told by a coach to smoke dope to be more calm - might not even help someone make this job better!
Cons
Half truths about shifts, no vacation, no one is undestanding about health issues/accomodations, brainwashed senior agents, pay is terrible for what you put up with, people can steal your sales....
Good place to learn about people
Customer Service Representative, Retention (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 23, 2016
very fast paced environment, high pressure, high expectations, not boring as job is constantly changing. day goes quick but many angry customers require delicate handling
Fun workplace with supportive coworkers and friends made.
Call Centre Agent, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 16, 2016
I worked at Nordia for a year and made many friends. Fellow coworkers are supportive and work together to solve problems. Management was okay, but could have been more supportive of employees. Most clients were great, but dealing with difficult irate customers on the phone can be exhausting.
Pros
Fun workplace, great people, site is right downtown
Cons
irregular hours, not a lot of support from management
Wonderful Team Environment
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 12, 2016
I enjoy being employed at Nordia and having daily opportunities to learn new skills and expand my experience and knowledge in many different fields.
My co-workers are very supportive and I feel very comfortable in this very busy environment despite only being employed there since January 2016.
I excel at identifying projects needing immediate attention to ensure the success of our HR team, as well as developing a good rapport with our agents and team managers to keep a good communicative style. I feel this is imperative in a large call centre such as Nordia.
My challenges have been numerous such as endeavouring to improve my fluency in french to better support my position by enrolling in an intensive language program.
Pros
Excellent Co-workers
Cons
Stressful environment
If you dont want to feel like your going to jail run!
Serve to sell (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 8, 2016
The pay is ok... but they are HARD on sales. They tell you the not but your expected to attempt a sale on ever call! You can take on average 30-40 calls a day and you need to have 5% sales at the end of the month with all your calls. So that's 700 calls in a month 5% is 35. 35 sales per month. Good luck!
Try selling internet to an 80 with no computer. They will push you to try not once but 3 times.
The floor support sit and chat to each other and drink coffee all day.
Pros
Training was done ok.
Cons
Management; help desk; organization; floor support