Nordia Employee Reviews

Great Pay and great training, Very bad management.
Team Leader for Bell Aliant program (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 January 2018
The pay and training is great. The Coaching and team leaders are trained to be number driven, the coaching is very poorly delivered when it does get delivered as the team leaders are not given the right resources and focus.
Pros
Pay, the people.
Friendly environment
Loyalty Representative Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 January 2018
Intuitive development of personnels and very interactive work roles. Everyday opportunity to learn something new. Well mannered managers to daily assist in work roles.
Agréable et courtoisie
Agent de prise de commande- Agent door2door (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC21 December 2017
Excellent milieu de travail . Ce fut une bonne aventure et formation pour moi .
22 December 2017

Merci d'avoir pris un moment de nous témoigner votre satisfaction. C'est toujours apprécié!

stressful but fair
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 December 2017
the job is incredibly stressful, as a sales agent you are expected to make hundreds of calls a day with the most successful people having less than a dozen sales a day on average. you will hear the worst of peoples lives. what helps the job be survivable is the culture of the people around you is fairly supportive, and as a result of the job being commission based as well as a base pay you can do quite well if you get comfortable with sales.
22 December 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Customer service and sales can be challenging and are not for everyone. This being said, we work hard to provide our employees with with the best training and support possible so that they can develop their skills and be successful.

Awesome
Bell Aliant - Outbound loyalty (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 December 2017
Nordia is the best career I have had so far in my 23+ years in the workforce industry.... They have excellent group insurance, I am a diabetic and the insurance covers 100% of medications including diabetic supplies! Doctors are very impressed with this insurance... They have a great cafeteria on site with hot meals every day. They do recognize their employees with incentives and special events such as BBQ's, holiday parties and much more... The pay is great and they also have a great bonus structure and on top of all that they have monthly incentives that include winning electronic, gift cards and much more. The Team Managers are great, they will help in any way that they can, as well the operations managers always have an open door policy so if you have any issues they will happily listen. I happen to have a medical issue and they very understanding of it and accommodate any way they can..The facilities also offer an on site gym with exercise equipment and change rooms with showers for staff use. The only negative thing I could say and its not really that bad is the parking for staff, we use to have a wonderful parking lot but now the other business in the location has taken half of the parking lot for construction, so now we have to park up the road....There is loads of room for advancement if you don't mid helping people out the best you can then this job is perfect! I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a career..Norida is an excellent place of employment so if you looking for a career be sure to apply at Nordia Moncton!
Pros
Great schedules, weekends and holidays off
Cons
Parking sucks at this location but thats about it.....
22 December 2017

Thank you for this amazing review! On the parking situation, that one took us by surprise and we are doing all we can to minimize the inconvenience and find alternate solution as soon as possible.

Great Atmosphere
National Channel Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 December 2017
I worked at Nordia for almost 2 years. I loved the people I worked with and was sad to leave. There are some things that could be done differently, such as scheduling (all seniority based, not based off availability) but for the most part they made sure you were comfortable. Lot's of opportunity to move forward.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Seniority Based, not Availability Based
21 December 2017

Thank you! It always makes us happy to hear that our employees enjoy their time at Nordia. We understand schedules in a customer service environment can be a bit challenging, but we have to be available for our customers. That said, we do our best to accomodate everyone. Best of luck in your future endeavours!

Good Place to work
Customer Loyalty Retention - Sales (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 December 2017
I've been there since 2014 now. I'm comfortable. I like it. It has it's moments like any other job. HHLT is not for everyone but once you get into the groove......it's not bad at all and definitely has its perks. If you have sales experience it is helpful but they will teach you. They have a team spirit. Helpful with training. If your not sure feel free to ask questions
Pros
benifits
Cons
has it's moments
8 December 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience! We are happy to hear that you appreciate our efforts to provide a rewarding and supportive work environment and the best compensation in the industry.

Great pay, amazing people, fun environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 December 2017
I've worked in the sales department at Nordia for nearly two years, so I thoroughly understand this company. Let me tell you, the work environment here is amazing; there is a great sense of family, and it feels like working within a tightly bound community. I would highly recommend working here-- the pay grade is quite high, their benefits package is comprehensive, and the position allows you to acquire new skills that are vital in every day life + for future employment. That is, your standard pay with commission allows you to make as much as $50000-60000 annually (plus additional incentives/bonuses), and it gives you the opportunity to learn communication techniques that enhance your ability to sell products and effectively deliver customer service. All the departments in the company offer unique experiences, and a comfortable work setting.

Beyond that, Nordia often organizes festive social events (e.g. ​BBQs, organized sports league, casual outings etc.) that allows you to enjoy time with colleagues outside of the work place and make new connections while having fun.

Personally, I must say, this job has allowed me to pay off my student loans and secure a lot of money within a short frame of time-- if your going to work here, be prepared for a great experience.
Pros
Free lunches, great pay, fun colleagues, tranquille environment
Cons
No cons
6 December 2017

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We strive to be the best place to work in Canada so it always gratifying to hear about experiences like yours.

Company that values work-life balance for their employees.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 November 2017
Been there for a few weeks and I really enjoyed working there. The trainers and coaches are really good as well as the fellow workmates. A very diverse company and I love it.
Pros
Value employees` work-life balance.
Cons
Far from home
30 November 2017

Wow, thanks for the great review and welcome to the Nordia family! We wish you the best :)

was not happy there
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 November 2017
wanted each agent to do more then they can handle the management was ok but they did not try hard enought to support the agents and they are just for the numbers not the poeple
30 November 2017

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. To clarify, providing support to employees and nurture talent is a priority to us. We hope you find the perfect job for yourself.

Bon environnement de travail
Agent service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC16 November 2017
J'ai appris à m'adapter à tout changement et avoir un esprit d'équipe à avoir le soucis d'atteindre les objectifs m'assignés.
30 November 2017

Merci pour votre commentaire. Nous sommes heureux d'apprendre que votre expérience chez Nordia a été positive! Bonne chance pour la suite!

Outstanding Company.
agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 November 2017
Nordia as a whole is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. While the retention job itself was to stressful for me at the time I would recommend Nordia to anyone ready to deal with those stresses.
Pros
Gym, Great lounge area etc
Cons
Stressful
30 November 2017

We appreciate the good feedback! We hope that the skills and experience you got at Nordia will help you in your future endeavors.

Management Failure
Bell Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 November 2017
I was one of the first hires at Nordia when they opened in Peterborough. I met some amazing people there and made lasting friendships. But that didn't overshadow the lack of organization and expectations. You are expected to meet your stats. The only way to do that is to not actually help anyone but to "job" the system into grading you according to feedback, handletime etc...
Great health care poor scheduling. Even if you have a court order you won't get shifts you need.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Unreasonable goals, poor scheduling, biased management, play favourites
30 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We know that the job can be challenging, but we are glad that you have made long-lasting friendships at Nordia. As for schedules, we understand that they often demand flexibility and availability, but customer service requires that our representatives be available when customers need us. Good luck for the future!

There are two different Nordia environments
CSR (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 November 2017
I see a lot of people saying that they are unionized, and the environment is great. Then there is the other center that is not unionized. At that center, you will be required to work every single weekend and every night until late. You are not allowed to put in time off requests for the weekend, even months in advance. I had to miss my son's graduation because it fell on a weekend.

The customers were horrible I was told on multiple occasions about how I should kill myself. But if you get a bad call don't think you are allowed to have a moment to decompress because you have to get right back on the next call.

They closed another center that was making more money and then forced our center to work mandatory overtime. And when we complained about it to management they just said that it was not that bad. (They did not have to work the overtime.)

You only got your schedule 2 weeks in advance so it was impossible to make any plans in advance.
Pros
A steady Paycheque
Cons
No life other than work.
30 November 2017

First, just to clarify, Nordia employees, whether unionized or not, all benefit from the same wage structure and similar benefits for similar work. In fact, we pride ourselves in offering our employees the best total rewards in the industry and a great working environment. For example, when Nordia came to Saint John, we quickly moved employees into a brand-new best-in-world facility. We invested $1.8M to provide employees with a bright and spacious work area, modern equipment, rest areas, a games room, a gym and heated indoor parking. In the past two years, 9 out of 10 employees in our Saint John centre said they would recommend Nordia to their family and friends. That’s by far the best rating in the industry. As for schedules, we do our best to accommodate employee needs, but in the customer service business, we have to adapt to our customers' availabilities. We wish you the best in your next job.

Nordia good to work for
Retail Support (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 October 2017
This is a fantastic place for employment. Training is good, the staff great to work with. Benefits are great and there is room for growth and you are encouraged to apply to move forward. Family feel to the work floor.
14 November 2017

Thank you for your great comment! We are always pleased to see that our efforts to create a great working environment are recognized and appreciated.

Bonnes conditions de travail
Représentante Service à la clientèle mobilité (Current Employee) –  Jonquière, QC30 October 2017
IL y a d'excellence conditions de travail chez Nordia
13 November 2017

Bonne ambiance de travail
Agent marketing direct (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC28 October 2017
Chaque jour il ya un défi

En récompense des efforts fournis il ya des cadeaux
14 November 2017

Bonjour. Merci de partager avec nous votre expérience chez Nordia. Nous sommes heureux que vous appréciez nos efforts pour offrir un environnement de travail enrichissant et la meilleure rémunération de l'industrie. Beaucoup de succès dans vos projets futurs!

Non existent management
National Channel Support (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 October 2017
Management refuses to manage anything in this place, I was blatantly discriminated against in front of coworkers by a Manager because of a disability I have to live with only to have it fall on deaf ears. And the higher ups excuse was "Oh I know him he wouldn't say that"..
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Everything else
14 November 2017

We're sorry that you didn't have a positive experience and we take your comment seriously. The situation you describe does not reflect Nordia's culture of diversity and inclusion.

Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 October 2017
My time at Nordia was alot of fun. I found that I learned alot in regards to the was technology works as far as internet, satellite,home phone and the features that are included. I received 6 weeks of very intense training for the product we sold and more experience with customer service
14 November 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that your experience at Nordia was pleasant! We hope that what you learned while at Nordia will help you in your future endeavors.

fast past work, competive and fun
House Hold Loyalty Representative for Bell Canada (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 October 2017
as part of the a typical day at work theres always room for growth with-in being an agent you learn and the company helps you learn life long skills really bat for balance in your life for a call centre
14 November 2017

We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience while working at Nordia. We try our best to offer our employees the best environment to develop their skills and grow their careers!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nordia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9