- Plan, coordinate or prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of medium size with minimal technical oversight.
- Coordinate technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Designs medium/low voltage distribution system.
- Design electric heat tracing.
- Performs technical bid evaluation/recommendation and vendor document review.
- Prepares engineering deliverables such as hazardous area classification drawings; single/three line diagrams, control schematics, grounding and lighting drawings, cable schedules, panel schedules and electrical equipment data sheets; equipment sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop, motor starting and lighting calculations, load flow, fault calculations, relay coordination.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Provide technical direction, assign/review work of engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard