- Preparation of Basis of Design, Scope of Work documents, and completion of design at various stages from
conceptual to detailed design;
- Preparation of proposal and project deliverables including calculations, engineering labour estimates, data
sheets, engineering reports, specifications and drawings;
- Design of civil earthworks such as roads, grading, site drainage and environmental protection;
- Produce project scope, material take-off and budget documents.
- Coordinate inter-discipline design requirements.
- Preparation of accurate and thorough design packages (specifications and drawings) that will meet industry
standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practice with excellent constructability.
- Visit project sites during design and constructions phases on as-required basis.
- Review contractor submissions and vendor drawings.
- Promote a culture of zero harm.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
Minimum of 5 years (Intermediate) or 10 years (Senior) design experience of related industrial/mining, or
civil engineering experience
Have general knowledge of other related disciplines.
Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively
with the design team in the resolution of project related issues.
Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced
multi-disciplinary team environment.
Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills combined with a focus on customer service
You are eligible for membership in the Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
Other combinations of related education and experience may be considered