Noramtec’s clients are worldwide leaders in EPCM - engineering, procurement, and construction management company, servicing the oil & gas and petroleum industries, and some for over hundred years. Our clients excel in providing its clients with multi-disciplined professional engineering services, ranging from conceptual designs through to project implementation of gas plants, compression facilities, metering stations, to pipeline laterals and similar mega engineering structure projects.
Noramtec is currently seeking experienced Senior / Intermediate Process Engineers for permanent and contract placements with our clients. As an integral member of their teams, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the design of multi-disciplinary projects. You will also enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and the challenge of meeting project timelines. Your pride in producing high quality, practical designs from concept through to commissioning will be a vital part of this diverse and interesting position.
- Management experience leading team of 6-8 process engineers for provision of applied chemical engineering services for petroleum refinery clients.
- Meet with clients to define workscope and develop project proposals for client projects, including design basis, man-hour estimates and budgets.
- Assign team member process design tasks, supervise, oversee, and coordinate engineering activities of team members managing and steering project progress,
- Complete annual appraisals and conduct performance reviews
- Perform assigned senior management responsibilities, such as ESOP trustee, and recruiting, interviewing and hiring process engineers.
- Performs process design detailed calculations, such as mass balances, equipment sizing, line sizing, hydraulic / pump sizing, relief valve calculation and flare sizing, material selections, plot plan inputs, plant classifications with process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Develops and reviews equipment and/or instrument data sheets, lists and review process control shut down keys
- Assembles and verifies contents of process data books and process simulation on HYSYS
- Assist engineers / technologists with designs, reports and proposals for systems, structures, and equipment
- Participates in the planning necessary to accomplish project objectives
- Collaborates with vendors and subcontractors to interpret project specifications and other contract criteria
- Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors and provides recommendations
- Checks and reviews the design and calculation on vendor supplied equipment according to specifications
- Provides input to and/or maintains records for equipment and components
- Resolves problems using standard engineering procedures and previously developed methods
- Assists in the preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs, and change orders
- Assists in the review and preparation of project control documents and status reports
- Reviews designs, drawings, and data by other engineers, technical staff, or suppliers
- Provides guidance and direction to technical staff assigned to a common task as required
- Participates in HAZOP studies
- Provides leadership and/or mentoring to Junior Process Engineers.
- Travel to project sites, on a short term basis, as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education with a degree in Chemical Engineering with at least 5 years for Intermediate candidates and 10 years Senior candidates of relevant Oil / Gas work experience
- Experience in water and wastewater treatment plants highly desired
- Interest in the oil and gas industry and work experience in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management (EPCM) is an asset
- Fundamental understanding and application of engineering codes, engineering department procedures, design standards, and guidelines applicable to discipline
- Solid knowledge in Aspen HYSYS and various simulation programs
- Strong knowledge of petroleum refining codes, standards, and practices
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment in analysing information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with MS Office suite with the ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Ability to travel to and work at site as needed may be required
- Engineering degree in chemical process engineering and or P.Eng. / eligibility for Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) registration is required
- Applicants must be capable of passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
Our clients offer competitive compensation package, as well as creative, cohesive work environments with continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunities, please submit your resume and cover letter including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Email: Sergio at noramtec.com / Dale at noramtec.com
Indeed - 6 months ago