Noralta Lodge Employee Reviews

Awesome fun and wanted to be at work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 September 2017
Meeting people from different walks of life daily added the extra zest to be at work and enjoy the job. there was always something fun within the teams . the most difficult part was the shift rotation of 20 days on and 10 days off. the worst was the Fire in fort Mac where I was evacuted 3 times as I was on rotation when this happened
It was a fun place to be
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 July 2017
If not for the lay offs, it was really not a bad place to work. What I enjoyed the most, was that on Saturdays, we could work from home and no need to be in the office.

My boss was great and was very sad to let see me go.
productive and great people
Front Desk/Housing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 May 2017
It was my first camp job , and every one was super friendly and helpful. its a great company to work for with a competitive wages and amazing benefits and they fly in and out
New challenge every day with around 85 people in my construction team
Director of construction (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 April 2017
The day start early in Fort Mac, tool meetings always at 7, safety discussion and work hazard is always part of that meeting, having big crews on site is always challenge for the construction superintendent and foreman, our positive culture on site make everyone life easy and fun to work and increase productivity, the hardest part of the job is to keep everyone safe specially on their 3rd week of their shift ( 21 days shift ) , people start to feel the pressure and the long hours ( 12 hours daily ) , the most enjoyable part of the job is when you accomplish the tasks on time and budget with no accident and problem, also sitting in the dining area at night celebrating these achivement with my team, its my job as management and their right as hard workers to be appreciated.
Pros
free full accomodation ( camp, meals and transportation )
Cons
working long hours, outside with cold weather
Noralta Is a Nightmare to work at
Maintenaince worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2017
This company is scabby. They treat employees poorly. A lot of dishonesty and manipulation. I would never work there again. Also they rip you off my making you work 10 hrs a day 20 shifts in a row for straight time, no overtime. I thought this was illegal.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Tricks with pay.
Questionable Management Ethical Practices
Head office (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 December 2016
Turned for the worst. Doing what it takes to survive even if it meant pushing ethical barriers. False sense of security type of environment. For a company that claims to be "committed to its team members", it goes in one ear and out the other. HR has no power there. If you're looking for "just a job", this would be the place. However, if you're looking to grow and be validated as a true team member, I would keep searching.
Cons
Clock watchers, job security, benefits, ethical practices
Great team weak management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 November 2016
Very great team environment. Management lacks critical skills and has become very insensitive and unhelpful. Due to the lower oil costs they feel any practice can be justified.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Management. Remote location
overall good place just far from home
driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 September 2016
i like working here there is good food and accommodations are good and its a challenging and rewarding job. people are nice
The Job for most of the time I worked there was good, but now has taken a turn for the worse.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 September 2016
Over the 6 years I have worked with Noralta I have learned many new techniques. The work was very challenging but not always rewarding. As of late the company has mostly new management and a completely new company culture . I do not think it was for the better at all.
Pros
the wages where good
Cons
everything has taken a turn for the worse
A nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 September 2016
clean rooms, make beds high and low dusting vacuuming
clean bathrooms toilets and showers dusting hallways vacuum
folding sheets and towels and clean landry
Pros
great ppl to work with
Tries Hard
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2016
Tries really hard to remain competitive. The company was founded on great principles. Treat the employee well and the customers will be taken care of. Unfortunately that mentality has shifted and the focus is more about cost cutting rather than maintaining company culture. Great people to work with.
Long hours, little recognition
Senior Analyst, ERP | HRIS (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Over a 1 year period, my responsibilities expanded rapidly. The compensation, however, did not keep pace. The executive was too tactical, which greatly hindered their ability to develop strategic responses to changes in the marketplace.
Progessively innovative and expanding
Manager, Lodge Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 July 2016
Great place to work; always changing and advancing for the better; a good employer; ahead of the competitor in terms of standards and working conditions; opportunities for advancement
environnement de travaille productrif et agreable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 March 2016
proprete no 1 ... tres belle equipe de travaille ,,, superviseur tres gentil
fun work place
Kitchen Steward/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 February 2016
We worked 12 hour shifts for 21 days every day our duties changed we did dishes helped in the kitchen cleaned dinning area restocked for each meal help or guest
Pros
free board and room
Cons
away from home
I always enjoy working no matter how though the work is it makes it lighter by thinking that i am working for my family especially my children's futur
HOTEL/ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Mac Murray, Alberta, Canada12 January 2016
During my shift I have to clean 42 rooms (Jack and Jill rooms), change dirty towels with a clean one. make beds,check for dirt and change it regularly, or remove and change dirty linens and comforters for check out rooms, clean and disinfect toilets, bathrooms and showers, sinks. dust tables, chairs, windows, TV's and make sure that all assigned areas are clean and done at the end of the day. Sometimes I have to clean a nasty room with other people's dirt (vomit, fecal scattered in the toilet) my supervisor always ask me to clean them up because nobody among my co-workers wants to. I loved my job and I love what I'm doing that is the reason why whatever things they assigned me to do it maybe light or hard job I find it easy because I enjoy and I always kept on my mind that everything for my family especially my children. At the end of the day I know I have something for them again.
Pros
free transportation from/to Edmonton - Fort Mac Murray where we stay for 21 days, Free accommodation and food
Cons
long hours of travelling from Edmonton to Fort Mac Murray.
Well managed and safe work environment
Class one driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 December 2015
I haul potable water and septic, to and from all the camps. We have a bin truck, do all our own garbage. My supervisor is a good leader, and is well organized. Our small department of 15 employees all work well together, and get along.
Fabulous people, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 November 2015
I was hired on with little to no experience in this field or environment, and I was also the youngest employee in the history of the company. I was welcomed in with open arms, and immediately treated like I was one of the team. I was trained in all of the departments in the company and got to meet many amazing people from all different types of backgrounds. I quickly formed friendships with guests and clients that lasted throughout my entire experience with the company.
Pros
Amazing people, free accommodations, great learning environment
Cons
20 days away from home
Noralta is amazing
Kitchen Steward / Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 September 2015
I worked for Noralta for almost a year as a kitchen steward .
I did have my bit of problems with my manager but I would be lying if I said that they were over looked .
I worked in the kitchen as a Kitchen steward .
We worked 12 hours a day with almost 2 hours in breaks
The food was endless and the quality was amazing, especially for a camp setting
I left die to a family emergency and short after the price of oil and gas dropped .
I never had a chance to come back but would in a heart beat if given the chance .
Benefits were good
Also if you live in Calgary or Edmonton the company has it's own plane to fly you into Fort mcmurray and drive you to the Lodge at no cost .
All in all it takes some adjusting if you have never worked in this setting but the private rooms are great . Very comfortable beds and clean .
Full Gym's , Recreation room, etc
Everyday safety meetings to ensure everyone was working safe .

Highly recommended
Pros
Pay, Fellow team members, Benefits, Living Arrangements
Cons
Overtime hours
Its typical camp site job
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray1 September 2015
Its a typical camp site job working 12 hrs a day for 20 days. People are good to work with, having free food and lodging will saves you lot of money but being away from home and families is so depressing.
Pros
free food and ldging
Cons
home a way from home