NorWest Co-op Community Health
Position: Community Recreation Worker (Two positions)
Dates: June 26 to August 26 2013
5 days per week / 6.5 hours a day
Application Deadline: Monday, June 3 at 4:00 pm
Would you like to spend your summer outside? Are you creative, active, and easy-going?
We are hiring Community Recreation Workers to develop and deliver indoor and outdoor recreation programming for 5 to 8 year olds. The position will also be responsible for coordinating community events such as BBQs and literacy events for all ages. As well the position will support health outreach for adults in the summer. Funding is provided through Urban Green Team – therefore applicants must not exceed 24 years of age.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan youth program activities for diverse groups of youth: including research into age-appropriate, low-cost activities.
- Deliver physical activity, recreation, and arts opportunities for youth; prepare healthy snacks on budget as appropriate.
- Develop and coordinate community events such as BBQs, health education events and literacy events.
- Meet regularly with supervisor; maintain accurate records; complete incident reports.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with youth
- Knowledge of youth activities and planning experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Empathic, non-judgmental approach
- Ability to work well within a team in a variety of settings
- Event planning experience an asset.
Email application preferred.
Community Development Coordinator
NorWest Co-op Community Health Centre
785 Keewatin Winnipeg, MB R2X 3B9