non profit Employee Reviews in Canada

Open to Grad Students
History Graduate Students Committee (HGSC) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 5, 2016
The HGSC is a not for profit organization designed to promote history in the community and help history graduate students to complete their degrees. All members are required to be graduate students at the University of Saskatchewan.
a place for volunteering
Place Maillardville (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMay 9, 2016
A place for volunteering. I love the ED but there are no career options here and no benefits or company car or benefits of any kind. This place is a charity to help promote French culture.
Pros
help others
Cons
low pay
Helping immigrants to settle in their field, Client based working atmosphere; meeting new clients everyday
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 27, 2015
My typical day is answering phone calls, working on files of clients and follow up with them to complete their files.
-Provide best customer service to all walk in clients and provides information regarding company programs.
-Data Entry on company profile; updating client information
-I work with three different teams at 3 locations. It is a great experience working in diverse culture atmosphere. We share our values and learn about each other cultures. It is a learning experience.
-I travel to different locations which is sometimes time consuming however it helps to manage life accordingly.
-I enjoy this job providing community service as it encourage full growth of clients and staff as well.
Pros
Community service
Cons
Depends on funding
Bizpay
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2015
Assisted clients with all phases of bookkeeping and accounting. Responsible for the monitoring and negotiation of cash flow and payments, account reconciliation and the review and release of customer orders. Researched tax issues for special projects. Maintained all banking and credit facilities for customers and employees. Prepare reports required by Head Office. Perform general accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, journal entries, and month-end close work.
Fast paced easy to learn environment
Oil Changers LTD (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 13, 2015
Mornings would be slow and steady allows time to prepare for large volumes. 3 key employers in the team lead technician greeting and inviting customer and reporting all necessary adjustments. Lower tech servicing vehicle from beneath and reporting any defects. Courtesy tech checking overall appearance and shape of the vehicle. Management was very old school, always had to be "fearing and working" sweeping and mopping areas that didn't need to be. Yet, Main management were amazing people and helpful. Co-workers were an asset, builds business and pace to work. Cleaning up at the end of the shift would be the hardest thing in a days work. Making people smile and getting the work done was the happiest feeling and most enjoyable part.
Pros
bonus for everyday with car volume over 100
Cons
unorganized outdated style of management
Great place to work, great team and very fast paced
Acting Accountant (Former Employee) –  OttawaJuly 28, 2014
A typical day would be processing any invoices that come in, filling, journal entries, preparing payroll every two weeks, WSIB remittance, accruals, Banking for 300+ card holders across Canada. The hardest part of the job would have been the first two payroll runs as payroll was for employees across Canada, it was a learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the vast amount of learning and exposure to a variety of different professional job duties that I had never experienced before working at private companies.
Great Team Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2015
It is great to work with others who are excited to participate as a team. Since everyone helps it doesn't get heavy for anyone.
Work and Life Balance
Senior Financial Analyst/Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OrngeJune 2, 2014
Accomplished and results oriented with integrity, confidence, trust and respect for all; Adjustable with a good balance to work with teams or as an individual player
Challenging, interesting and good opportunities
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BCMay 3, 2012
I had previous worked for other companies and this was my first opportunity to offer my services through owning and operating a company alongside my husband.
Constant learning of new products, techniques, styles, colours and trends to keep up with what was offered to the clients. I managed and supervised 4-6 persons in sales and marketing, personally designed and job coordinated renovations onsite, as well as working with the manufacturers of the products.
I enjoyed working alongside my customers, building my reputation for reliability, innovative ideas, product quality, and customer satisfaction. The hardest part was the time lines as many builders and developers worked with tight schedules and even tighter budgets that had to be maintained through working with their customers and insuring that my production could meet the commitments made and that the final results would meet and perhaps exceed their expectations.
Pros
creative expression, beautiful properties, diverse and interesting consumers
Contract position oly
Office Manager and Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 4, 2013
Contract position for one year.
No security and no challenges in this position
Pros
working close to home
Cons
not a permanent position